You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

WG isn't really interested in your opinion?

25 comments in this topic

Members
548 posts
26,245 battles

Logged into the game this morning, and WG presented me with the opportunity to provide feedback via a survey.  WG indicated it should take about 10 minutes to complete.

First question (paraphrased): How likely are you to recommend WoWS to someone?  (from 1 to 10?, where '1' is "not at all").

I answered using the '1' (not at all) checkbox, and the survey ended.  Apparently, WG is not the least bit interested in why I won't recommend the game to anyone. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1
  • Haha 5
  • Boring 1

Members
1,818 posts
27,079 battles
12 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Logged into the game this morning, and WG presented me with the opportunity to provide feedback via a survey.  WG indicated it should take about 10 minutes to complete.

First question (paraphrased): How likely are you to recommend WoWS to someone?  (from 1 to 10?, where '1' is "not at all").

I answered using the '1' (not at all) checkbox, and the survey ended.  Apparently, WG is not the least bit interested in why I won't recommend the game to anyone. :Smile_sad:

I've been hit up with about 4 or 5 of these. I answer "1" each time and the survey ends. Amusing.

Members
548 posts
26,245 battles

If WG is wondering, this may give them an idea:

That along with their plans for introducing Submarines into Randoms, the planned Commander Skill Re-Bork, and the predatory marketing tactics which come close to being fraudulent.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,417 posts
12,296 battles

the fact they end the survey when you say you wouldnt recommend the game really says all you need to know, they arent interested in hearing what you have to say unless its sucking up to them and kissing their [edited] they only hear what they want to hear and if youre not going to give it to them, then they have no use for you

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Thanks 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,510 posts
18,105 battles

SNOTRAC Newsletter January 2018

Based on my past surveys with WG I always give them a middle of the road answer to start which triggers more questions. The follow up questions will also have options for typing in longer answers, which is where you get to explain the issues the game is facing. I have no idea if anyone at WG actually reads the answers provided, but one can hope. 

[PHD]
Members
1,063 posts
6,083 battles

How satisfied were you in this match

No CV = very satisfied

With CV = extremely dissatisfied

That is usually how it goes.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,520 posts
3,306 battles
13 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

If WG is wondering, this may give them an idea:

That along with their plans for introducing Submarines into Randoms, the planned Commander Skill Re-Bork, and the predatory marketing tactics which come close to being fraudulent.

See also: List of reasons to uninstall World of Warships to make room on your computer for Cyberpunk 2077.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
5,188 posts
6,659 battles

Considering they were surveys in the past asking which personal hygiene products you were using or whether you preferred pizza or hot dos it's a big improvement :Smile_teethhappy:.

A couple of days ago I also was asked to fill out a survey focused on premium ships and the ways I got them. What struck me and was pretty unexpected was the following part of the survey however. Dunno what to make of it but highly irregular asking questions around gameplay knowledge.

1702962133_Screenshot_2020-12-07WorldofWarshipsSurvey.thumb.png.299b18de7070297bab89b34115529fb4.png

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,769 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Considering they were surveys in the past asking which personal hygiene products you were using or whether you preferred pizza or hot dos it's a big improvement :Smile_teethhappy:.

A couple of days ago I also was asked to fill out a survey focused on premium ships and the ways I got them. What struck me and was pretty unexpected was the following part of the survey however. Dunno what to make of it but highly irregular asking questions around gameplay knowledge.

1702962133_Screenshot_2020-12-07WorldofWarshipsSurvey.thumb.png.299b18de7070297bab89b34115529fb4.png

Probably would have answered ‘I don’t know’ to the first, and ‘Anshan, Lo Yang’ the second.

Unlike what WG seems to think most players are; I’m not some tryhard who memorizes every detail of their peerless game(s) to the Nth degree.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,687 battles
1 hour ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Yup. The specific audience for that survey is not you, but some executive who needs pleasing. 

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,679 posts
12,225 battles
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Probably would have answered ‘I don’t know’ to the first, and ‘Anshan, Lo Yang’ the second.

Unlike what WG seems to think most players are; I’m not some tryhard who memorizes every detail of their peerless game(s) to the Nth degree.

Slava, Ohio, Colbert are RB, and most like together will make the most credits.

German and British DD hydro. 

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,769 battles
2 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Slava, Ohio, Colbert are RB, and most like together will make the most credits.

German and British DD hydro. 

None of which I have.

Friesland seems to serve me well hydro-wise.

Not particularly fond of either of those two DD branches, though I do play them.

I do like Gallant, and Vampire, (which is a CW destroyer.)

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
313 posts
8,290 battles

Don't know about which ships stripped down earn the most, as for the the DDs on the list,

#1 is Loyang - with 5.5km

#2 is the Z-35 - with 5km standard KM hydro

Edited by Geococcyx
grammar

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
496 posts
22,638 battles
2 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

If you are not going to recommend WOWS to someone, then you will not be helping them increase revenues by selling T10 CVs to new players.  So no, they are not interested in your opinion.  

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

giphy.gif

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I don't even bother with the surveys.  If they gave away a free ship I might check a box.

This. 

Besides, is not like they improve or change the game consequently 

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
29 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Don't about which ships stripped down earn the most...

The question is slightly confusing.  Are we removing the perma camo on the premium ships?  I ask because why should players know what kind of XP ships gain without the camo they come with.  Have you ever played a premium ship without its camo (and not used another camo in its place)?

I would assume the answer would be the T10s earn more XP, and 3 groups of T10 premiums probably earn the most, even with no camo.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

Anything out of alignment with the spreadsheets is irrelevant. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts
3 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

They're not interested in what they're doing wrong, they don't actually care about fixing or improving the game. 

They're only interested in what people who are still enthused about the game think so they can tailor their promotional efforts around the things that players like about the game as it already is.  

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

They're not interested in what they're doing wrong, they don't actually care about fixing or improving the game. 

They're only interested in what people who are still enthused about the game think so they can tailor their promotional efforts around the things that players like about the game as it already is.  

Churn baby churn. 

[NSEW]
Members
2,137 posts
11,451 battles

Most likely, the survey are used to defend certain roles in the departments or for bonuses.

If the tell tale signs of survey ending with not satisfied answer it shows volumes.