You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

3000 people on but cannot find a game...

13 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
967 posts
2,994 battles

I know its the wee hours in the USA but waiting 5 minutes for a Pensacola game with at most, 12 people in the room, giving up, trying the Iowa, 7 people in the room, the Fletcher, 10, Shokaku, 15 (gave up as well). Finally got a New Mexico game after 4 minutes with a tiny 7v7 game. Taken nearly 30 minutes of trying to get a game going:( Just wondering if everyone is playing co-op or the Scenarios? 

[PT]
Members
967 posts
2,994 battles
3 minutes ago, Righteous_Noob said:

Euro servers have way more people on due to time of day.   I have a EU tanks account for the same reason......

Yeah someone else in a earlier game said the EU servers have loads more on. Wondering if my account can be transferred?

[FORM]
Members
268 posts
1,833 battles
11 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I know its the wee hours in the USA but waiting 5 minutes for a Pensacola game...

Weird. I just played two in my Amalfi and the matches started up plenty quick with full teams.

You playing co-op or random?

[KWF]
Members
5,188 posts
6,659 battles
14 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Yeah someone else in a earlier game said the EU servers have loads more on. Wondering if my account can be transferred?

EU is ahead 5-7 hours of NA, to give you an idea. Funnily enough, while from the EU one of the reasons I opened an account here was due to my mostly nocturnal lifestyle for a while. Pretty much NA peak times.

As for account transfers I'm also interested nowadays, but while last year there was an automated transfer event, I don't see anything for this year. :Smile_sceptic:

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
39 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Weird. I just played two in my Amalfi and the matches started up plenty quick with full teams.

You playing co-op or random?

Coop will auto fill your team with bots after 30 seconds.

One of the reasons i stopped playing randoms was the long wait times during when i could play.

[FORM]
Members
268 posts
1,833 battles
32 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Coop will auto fill your team with bots after 30 seconds. One of the reasons i stopped playing randoms was the long wait times during when i could play.

Ahhh... I'm an early riser, and I have seen a few "short stack" teams (wish they wouldn't do that with CVs as much, and maybe use smaller maps...) but waiting for 3,4,5 mins to get into a match definitely sucks.

[SALVO]
Members
4,522 posts
20,818 battles

Op

Well half of those players are probably passed out at the keyboard at that moment.

Then out of whats left, half of those are  just staring at the computer screen probably wondering if the really want to push the battle button again.

Then what's left after that half are probably in battle at the moment. 

So out of 3000 players on,  You realistically have a pool of about,

188 players.....

Spread out Over 10 tiers,  but realistically they're all playing their premium T10 ships.....

Op I would suggest playing T10 at that time.

[REVY]
Members
2,558 posts
13,777 battles
7 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I know its the wee hours in the USA but waiting 5 minutes for a Pensacola game with at most, 12 people in the room, giving up, trying the Iowa, 7 people in the room, the Fletcher, 10, Shokaku, 15 (gave up as well). Finally got a New Mexico game after 4 minutes with a tiny 7v7 game. Taken nearly 30 minutes of trying to get a game going:( Just wondering if everyone is playing co-op or the Scenarios? 

Early on a mid-weekday on the NA server........

most people are going to school or work.

[TIMT]
Members
1,098 posts
4,457 battles
7 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

My hypothesis is that some aspect of MM is predetermined (things like whether you are up for a bottom or top tier match etc.). You can see this most readily in T10, because sometimes the queue is full with people (like showing 80/145) and the next game it is just a few (like 15/153). To me this only makes sense if the MM bracket is decided before / immediately when you press "battle".

In some rare instances with lower populations this creates these weird queue dump situations where you are thrown into really weird matches, like 9v9 with 4 CVs and two fail divs.

Just a hypothesis though.

[PT]
Members
967 posts
2,994 battles
3 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

My hypothesis is that some aspect of MM is predetermined (things like whether you are up for a bottom or top tier match etc.). You can see this most readily in T10, because sometimes the queue is full with people (like showing 80/145) and the next game it is just a few (like 15/153). To me this only makes sense if the MM bracket is decided before / immediately when you press "battle".

In some rare instances with lower populations this creates these weird queue dump situations where you are thrown into really weird matches, like 9v9 with 4 CVs and two fail divs.

Just a hypothesis though.

The waiting Room numbers never make much sense to me. Spend 3m waiting for a game in my Tier 8 North Carolina, 15-20 boats in the room. Give up, switch to my tier 8 Shokaku, 60 boats in the room, game start in 9 seconds.. Same tier?

[UNC]
Members
852 posts
6,196 battles

I used to play quite a bit late a night due to my work schedule.  Once the server pop dropped below about 4000 I knew it was time to log off because the quality of the games got so much worse and queue dumps became much more likely. 

What I found more interesting is the evening after the recent patch there were 10-12k players on and at the time I was playing there were ~165 people in the queue in my range most of the night and it was still taking me about 1:20 to get a game.  Granted, about 150 of those 165 were BBs so it may have been struggling to create teams with even CV/CL/DD.