Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Do_Doch_Nicht

Clans "squading" up in Random Battles

27 comments in this topic

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
13,218 battles

I want to post an inquiry with my associates here at World of Warships. Anyone with information please feel free to enlighten me.

My general question are: 

"Whether it is possible for Clan's to "Squad Up" in Random  Battles?"

"Is a Random Battle Squad limited to 3 players?"

After those questions receive some review by fellow members please consider this follow up question...

"Can multiple "Squaded Up" clans be placed into the same random battle, either by request or by the game mechanics?"

After some imput, I will return tonight with a link to a video which raises some questions about Random Battle Play.

Thanx

Members
911 posts
2,737 battles

Clan can form multiple 3-man divisions and click Battle at the same time, people call it "sync dropping" though there is no way to end up in the same game manually other than a training room.  You can more often than not end up with a clan-division on the opposite team and less common, on the same side.

Nothing wrong with it but some people think it's wrong for some strange reason.  I for one like having a few clannies on the red team to blow up.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat

[-TKS-]
Members
1,265 posts
9,834 battles

Sync dropping has just the same chance to “backfire” as it does to “succeed.” Honestly though it’s just as fun to try and sink your clan mates as it is to work alongside them.

Members
314 posts
25 battles

A division can be a maximum of 3, otherwise the best you can try is clicking battle at the same time in like tiers.

I've entirely coincidentally ended up in the same battle as a division of my clan but on the opposite side.
Even more amusingly we were even all on discord at the same time but chatting about something unrelated.

Situations like this can lead to accusations of throwing games/giving info for the benefit of clan mates on the other side but honestly players accuse each other of weird and wonderful things all the time anyway.

[POP]
Members
4,745 posts
12,813 battles
50 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Nothing wrong with it but some people think it's wrong for some strange reason.  I for one like having a few clannies on the red team to blow up.

Agreed. When we have more than a few people in voice chat and divisions at any given time, a bunch of us in POP will go for sync drops if we’re playing the same tiers, but a lot of us enjoy (and depending on the players in question even prefer) having the divisions on opposite teams. Sure, if we end up on the same team we’ll work together (but really no more so than we would with any other random teammates outside of knowing for sure said players are actually competent), but being on opposite teams allows us to beat people we know and collect trophies. We’ve been accused of cheating and rigging, and even had some players say it’s a failed sync drop if we end up on opposite teams, but we actually like the competition - most of the time we want to win, but when we see [POP] on the enemy team, we really want to win. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts

I wouldn't be too concerned about clan divisions as they are just as likely to suck as be good. Probably the only time you should worry is if you see something like [OO7] or [CUTIE] in a division on the other team.

[NATO]
Members
160 posts
24,928 battles

I find when we sync drop we face off against each other 99% of the time which is great. Killin dem clan mates is a thing. You also have to remember to do it right to try and balance the divisions, and cv's very rarely work because of the overall numbers. I have seen people make a lot of this in the past (not you op) but the best part is facing off against your clan mates, if you get on the same team it just becomes clan wars...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts
2 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Wrong for some strange reason?

More often than not such squads end up losing the match. Why? They (or so it appears) attempt to use the rest of the team as fodder to survive to mid or end match so they can then exhibit their superior skills. Which they are attempting to develop? Or they go all gonzo at the match start, wipe themselves out and the surviving team is down a quarter or more of their strength. 

I would imagine the best place for clan on clan battles would not be in random but in a configured training room. I would prefer sync drops not an allowable thing. Jess Sayun. 

• Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,234 posts
9,589 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

More often than not such squads end up losing the match. Why? They (or so it appears) attempt to use the rest of the team as fodder to survive to mid or end match so they can then exhibit their superior skills. Which they are attempting to develop? Or they go all gonzo at the match start, wipe themselves out and the surviving team is down a quarter or more of their strength. 

How is that any different from battles where the opposing divs aren't from the same clan, or even any 3 solo players?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts
34 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

How is that any different from battles where the opposing divs aren't from the same clan, or even any 3 solo players?

Its not different - its the same. 

[GGWP]
Members
7,204 posts
16,676 battles
2 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Sync dropping has just the same chance to “backfire” as it does to “succeed.” Honestly though it’s just as fun to try and sink your clan mates as it is to work alongside them.

More chance to fail than succeed as mm puts divs on opposite teams. So if they are the only 2 divs, they will be matched against each other. 

[META_]
Members
169 posts
2,646 battles
3 hours ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

I want to post an inquiry with my associates here at World of Warships. Anyone with information please feel free to enlighten me.

My general question are: 

After those questions receive some review by fellow members please consider this follow up question...

"Can multiple "Squaded Up" clans be placed into the same random battle, either by request or by the game mechanics?"

After some imput, I will return tonight with a link to a video which raises some questions about Random Battle Play.

Thanx

1.  Yes

2.  Yes

3.  Yes, by game mechanics

The game wants to put an equal number of divisions on each team whenever possible.  If two divisions join the queue at the same time (aka "sync dropping"), they have a high likelihood of ending up in the same battle.  Sometimes they will end up on the same team (with two other divisions on the other team) and sometimes they will end up on opposing teams.  You do occasionally see games with a division on one team and none on the other, but I can't remember seeing any games with two divisions on one team and none on the other (except when the divisions were formed after the game started).

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
3 hours ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

My general question are: 

Thanx

No a 3 man div is it.  However, if like 20 clan members jump in the queue at the same time its likely a lot of them will get in the same game.  However, ending up only on the same team is just chance.

I was playing with 6 people on discord once,  3 of us were divisioned.  the other 3 weren't.  I don't think we all ended up on the same team once.  At least one of the other 3 ended up on the other team or not even in the same game, every time.

[-A-8-]
Members
510 posts
20,660 battles

We often try to sync drop. Occasionally we'll land on the same team but to be honest it's a lot funnier to be on opposite teams. From the pops at each other in chat to the satisfaction of sinking your own clan mates. Can make for some really fun battles.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,165 posts
18,800 battles
5 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Yeah...I see this a lot.  Most clans are cool when they wind up on both sides of the match.  Most love to grief their friends.

[TFLT]
Members
290 posts
13,853 battles
5 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

Well, drop sync exist but is highly random.

We do it but end up fighting each other as many times as we do in the same game. "Counting In" like that does happen but our clan doesn't do it all the time. I see it but not often. Not even once a month and I play 4 or 5 days a week since Beta.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,363 battles

I don't worry about it. I actually run into a team with my clan in real time in the wild with no sync drop in. Particularly those in the same region of the USA as I am.

Even if Monster 7 or 9 man clan so and so dropped in together forming Red Team etc into Random, it does not affect the mechanics of gameplay itself. However it does create a situation that if they are coordinating their firepower using voice comms in real time among each other then we are pretty much going to be wiped out.

In the past one of my old clans used to form up a complete 16 or 32 man force and join the public game server of a first person shooter enmasse selecting one side or the other. Eventually the entire public server is cleared out complete with total and absolute victories as we herded the pubs clear out. It was useful feature back then to form a fight with another clan at any time and both clans load into a convient public server instead of being trapped into a rigid wows schedule system particularly as we were global in our time in many different time zones between Moscow and USA and Bejing etc.

Wows is a little bit more structured in clan battles and once I got used to it we try to be consistent. However we div up in threes all the time and jump in. Its no problem if two divs of threes loaded against each other. The battle will be resolved one way or the other. My clan does what they think possible any time. We don't really build several divs at once and then try to load in to a Random. It probably will end up being broken up into fighting each other. So we use clan battles for that.

Edited by xHeavy

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
888 posts
6,985 battles
5 hours ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

My general question are: 

Thanx

• Max 3 in a division, clan or no clan.

• It is possible by game mechanics only. A clan can influence this by sync dropping. That is, the 2+ division commanders can coordinate when they press the battle button, most commonly done by using a 3rd party voip tool like discord or teamspeak.

[AOD_C]
[AOD_C]
Members
19 posts
2,272 battles

Others have similar experiences. 

Other than busting chops on TS when ending up on opposite sides, I’ve not perceived a difference in the approach I’ve seen taken by clan mates in possible same drop matches that I have played in. Everyone seemingly wants to be a winner. 

Edited by D_o_W_0779

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
13,218 battles

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone that has responded. I've taken the liberty to quote each of you so that you get a notification I've read your input and that I'd like your commentary again upon what I believe the attached videos indicate is a Vastly Unbalanced matchup.

I am also requesting the Forum Monitor place this thread into the "Gameplay Suggestions" File, because that is likely where it belongs. Gameplay that is unbalanced to the point that it allows "Stacking of the Deck" must be addressed by Wargaming in the interests of Basic Fairness. 

I Believe the following Links to Youtube speak for themselves. I hope you view them. I will state that I neglected to allow the video titled "Baby Seal Clubbing" to run to its conclusion. In it the one Clan is cheering the sole remaining player on their Team, a member of the other Clan for having only 97 Hit Points remaining.  How did they know? 

Clannish

https://youtu.be/i5gLDEelU68

Baby Seal Clubbing

https://youtu.be/buZr-UFbYMI

5 hours ago, D_o_W_0779 said:

Others have similar experiences. 

Other than busting chops on TS when ending up on opposite sides, I’ve not perceived a difference in the approach I’ve seen taken by clan mates in possible same drop matches that I have played in. Everyone seemingly wants to be a winner. 

8 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

• Max 3 in a division, clan or no clan.

• It is possible by game mechanics only. A clan can influence this by sync dropping. That is, the 2+ division commanders can coordinate when they press the battle button, most commonly done by using a 3rd party voip tool like discord or teamspeak.

9 hours ago, xHeavy said:

I don't worry about it. I actually run into a team with my clan in real time in the wild with no sync drop in. Particularly those in the same region of the USA as I am.

Even if Monster 7 or 9 man clan so and so dropped in together forming Red Team etc into Random, it does not affect the mechanics of gameplay itself. However it does create a situation that if they are coordinating their firepower using voice comms in real time among each other then we are pretty much going to be wiped out.

In the past one of my old clans used to form up a complete 16 or 32 man force and join the public game server of a first person shooter enmasse selecting one side or the other. Eventually the entire public server is cleared out complete with total and absolute victories as we herded the pubs clear out. It was useful feature back then to form a fight with another clan at any time and both clans load into a convient public server instead of being trapped into a rigid wows schedule system particularly as we were global in our time in many different time zones between Moscow and USA and Bejing etc.

Wows is a little bit more structured in clan battles and once I got used to it we try to be consistent. However we div up in threes all the time and jump in. Its no problem if two divs of threes loaded against each other. The battle will be resolved one way or the other. My clan does what they think possible any time. We don't really build several divs at once and then try to load in to a Random. It probably will end up being broken up into fighting each other. So we use clan battles for that.

9 hours ago, CyberKnife said:

We do it but end up fighting each other as many times as we do in the same game. "Counting In" like that does happen but our clan doesn't do it all the time. I see it but not often. Not even once a month and I play 4 or 5 days a week since Beta.

9 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Yeah...I see this a lot.  Most clans are cool when they wind up on both sides of the match.  Most love to grief their friends.

9 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

We often try to sync drop. Occasionally we'll land on the same team but to be honest it's a lot funnier to be on opposite teams. From the pops at each other in chat to the satisfaction of sinking your own clan mates. Can make for some really fun battles.

11 hours ago, Freelancerinc said:

sync dropping FUNNER when you aren't on the same team as your clanmates

11 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

No a 3 man div is it.  However, if like 20 clan members jump in the queue at the same time its likely a lot of them will get in the same game.  However, ending up only on the same team is just chance.

I was playing with 6 people on discord once,  3 of us were divisioned.  the other 3 weren't.  I don't think we all ended up on the same team once.  At least one of the other 3 ended up on the other team or not even in the same game, every time.

11 hours ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

1.  Yes

2.  Yes

3.  Yes, by game mechanics

The game wants to put an equal number of divisions on each team whenever possible.  If two divisions join the queue at the same time (aka "sync dropping"), they have a high likelihood of ending up in the same battle.  Sometimes they will end up on the same team (with two other divisions on the other team) and sometimes they will end up on opposing teams.  You do occasionally see games with a division on one team and none on the other, but I can't remember seeing any games with two divisions on one team and none on the other (except when the divisions were formed after the game started).

11 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

More chance to fail than succeed as mm puts divs on opposite teams. So if they are the only 2 divs, they will be matched against each other. 

11 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Its not different - its the same. 

12 hours ago, Skpstr said:

13 hours ago, Zombie_Panda said:

I find when we sync drop we face off against each other 99% of the time which is great. Killin dem clan mates is a thing. You also have to remember to do it right to try and balance the divisions, and cv's very rarely work because of the overall numbers. I have seen people make a lot of this in the past (not you op) but the best part is facing off against your clan mates, if you get on the same team it just becomes clan wars...

12 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Wrong for some strange reason?

I would imagine the best place for clan on clan battles would not be in random but in a configured training room. I would prefer sync drops not an allowable thing. Jess Sayun. 

13 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about clan divisions as they are just as likely to suck as be good. Probably the only time you should worry is if you see something like [OO7] or [CUTIE] in a division on the other team.

13 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Agreed. When we have more than a few people in voice chat and divisions at any given time, a bunch of us in POP will go for sync drops if we’re playing the same tiers, but a lot of us enjoy (and depending on the players in question even prefer) having the divisions on opposite teams. Sure, if we end up on the same team we’ll work together (but really no more so than we would with any other random teammates outside of knowing for sure said players are actually competent), but being on opposite teams allows us to beat people we know and collect trophies. We’ve been accused of cheating and rigging, and even had some players say it’s a failed sync drop if we end up on opposite teams, but we actually like the competition - most of the time we want to win, but when we see [POP] on the enemy team, we really want to win. 

14 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

A division can be a maximum of 3, otherwise the best you can try is clicking battle at the same time in like tiers.

I've entirely coincidentally ended up in the same battle as a division of my clan but on the opposite side.
Even more amusingly we were even all on discord at the same time but chatting about something unrelated.

Situations like this can lead to accusations of throwing games/giving info for the benefit of clan mates on the other side but honestly players accuse each other of weird and wonderful things all the time anyway.

14 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

14 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Clan can form multiple 3-man divisions and click Battle at the same time, people call it "sync dropping" though there is no way to end up in the same game manually other than a training room.  You can more often than not end up with a clan-division on the opposite team and less common, on the same side.

14 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

Well, drop sync exist but is highly random.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
9 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

I am not very active in my clan anymore but I agree. A lot more fun to sink a clanmate then some random person.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
169 posts
2,646 battles
34 minutes ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

In it the one Clan is cheering the sole remaining player on their Team, a member of the other Clan for having only 97 Hit Points remaining.  How did they know? 

The "Alternative Battle Interface" option in the settings allows you to see hit point totals for all allied and spotted enemy players, including while you're spectating.

As for the rest, the game does not have any real balancing system as far as I can tell.    It tries to put an equal number of divisions on each team, but does not always succeed.  It puts the same number of ships of each type/tier on each team (though divisions can mess this up).  And that's really it.

Edited by Fel0niusMonk

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
36 minutes ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone that has responded. I've taken the liberty to quote each of you so that you get a notification I've read your input and that I'd like your commentary again upon what I believe the attached videos indicate is a Vastly Unbalanced matchup.

I am also requesting the Forum Monitor place this thread into the "Gameplay Suggestions" File, because that is likely where it belongs. Gameplay that is unbalanced to the point that it allows "Stacking of the Deck" must be addressed by Wargaming in the interests of Basic Fairness. 

I Believe the following Links to Youtube speak for themselves. I hope you view them. I will state that I neglected to allow the video titled "Baby Seal Clubbing" to run to its conclusion. In it the one Clan is cheering the sole remaining player on their Team, a member of the other Clan for having only 97 Hit Points remaining.  How did they know? 

Clannish

https://youtu.be/i5gLDEelU68

Baby Seal Clubbing

https://youtu.be/buZr-UFbYMI

The alternative interface you can enable in setting will show you the HP of ships.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-guides/ui-w-ui/

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this