Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Check_On_Tech

Premium Player Only Game Modes

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
81 posts

I would gladly pay a monthly fee for access to game modes designed with the more committed player base in mind. I have some ideas but the possibilities are only limited by the ability to innovate. Some ideas include:

A random battle mode that includes the choice, random battle CV/random battle no CV. Two very different game play mechanics I like with the ability to choose when I don't like.

Skilled player only battle modes with minimum experience requirements. This would alleviate the rollover matches nobody likes.

Choose your map mode. Avoid same maps too often with more meaningful ship to map options.

Choose less players per match mode, allow 1v1 all the way up. Allows for a variety in strategic/tactical interaction, adds intensity, and increases pacing.

These are some of the options I would love to see in the game. I know splitting the player base might not be possible but perhaps the new numbers may allow for it.

Perhaps you can find use for something here. 

Thanks for the great fun.

Edited by Check_On_Tech
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,999
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Find a means of serious monetization, argue those who move into the special mode can be supplemented by bots (already are) and they might go for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
937
[WOLFB]
Members
3,212 posts

I just do not think the NA server has enough people to make this work.  We only get what 11K to 15K a night. Also maybe I am missing something but is there any MM game that does this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,159
[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
3 hours ago, Check_On_Tech said:

I would gladly pay a monthly fee 

How much of a monthly fee?

Asking for a friend.

OK, not a friend, I'm asking for WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,665
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
30,553 battles
1 minute ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I just do not think the NA server has enough people to make this work.  We only get what 11K to 15K a night. Also maybe I am missing something but is there any MM game that does this?

Wargaming adds new modes like the Halloween & Space Battle events all the time and those don't seem to hurt anything. Same could be said about Clan Wars or Ranked. Tossing a Premium game mode into the mix wouldn't mess things up as long as you don't have too many things running concurrently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
957
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,488 posts
29,211 battles
4 hours ago, Check_On_Tech said:

I would gladly pay a monthly fee for access to game modes designed with the more committed player base in mind. I have some ideas but the possibilities are only limited by the ability to innovate. Some ideas include:

A random battle mode that includes the choice, random battle CV/random battle no CV. Two very different game play mechanics I like with the ability to choose when I don't like.

Skilled player only battle modes with minimum experience requirements. This would alleviate the rollover matches nobody likes.

Choose your map mode. Avoid same maps too often with more meaningful ship to map options.

Choose less players per match mode, allow 1v1 all the way up. Allows for a variety in strategic/tactical interaction, adds intensity, and increases pacing.

These are some of the options I would love to see in the game. I know splitting the player base might not be possible but perhaps the new numbers may allow for it.

Perhaps you can find use for something here. 

Thanks for the great fun.

I think they call this the training room :cap_cool:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,187 battles
21 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wargaming adds new modes like the Halloween & Space Battle events all the time and those don't seem to hurt anything. Same could be said about Clan Wars or Ranked. Tossing a Premium game mode into the mix wouldn't mess things up as long as you don't have too many things running concurrently. 

Not all events have been successful though... Remember Asymmetric Battle, and how full of bots it could get on NA?

That being said, premium-only game modes effectively shift the game away from a F2P model. That's no necessarily bad, but a no-CV queue has been a popular request; if you implement this behind a paywall, it's going to inevitably generate criticism from the F2P player base. And it may prevent the game from progressing as steadily as it did before; why  should WG fix CV balance (as an example), when these problems could become incentives to get more people paying, in order to alleviate them?

I am not against having more stuff for premium customers, but a no-CV queue doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I would rather suggest "exclusive tier" MM, allowing me to pick tier 9 as an example, and only meet tier 9 ships (thus, no CVs). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
371 posts
24,729 battles
10 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I think they call this the training room :cap_cool:

No, they call this a "Gated Community." Meant to keep out the common riff raff, to prevent them from annoying the moneyed elite (Or those who like to believe they are.). Also known as "money talks and "stuff" walks."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,354 posts
22,982 battles

I'd like to see 1 verses 1 mode and  division (2 or 3) verses division mode

I would also pay to play in a balanced MM game but I'm still waiting for one to be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[TWWB]
Members
116 posts
On 12/8/2020 at 4:31 AM, Check_On_Tech said:

I would gladly pay a monthly fee for access to game modes designed with the more committed player base in mind. I have some ideas but the possibilities are only limited by the ability to innovate. Some ideas include:

A random battle mode that includes the choice, random battle CV/random battle no CV. Two very different game play mechanics I like with the ability to choose when I don't like.

Personal Relations nightmare for WG aside over a monthly fee on top of (or in place of) a premium account purchase... I think the ability to selectively "prefer" a specific map type over another is a novel idea, but it should be available to everyone. The MM will try to place members on maps they prefer, but if it isn't possible after X number of seconds then it should find any map that is available. Sure it might take a little longer to get into a preferred map game, but it won't take terribly long that it results in very long queue times.

 

I strongly disagree with the CV choice. Personally I do not prefer exclusion(s) of this kind because it has to much of a discriminatory tone... It discriminates against specific ship types effecting the game play they receive, and then it also discriminates against the player base allowing those who "pay to play" to receive special privileges while the "free to play" members have to just deal with it.

 

 

Quote

Skilled player only battle modes with minimum experience requirements. This would alleviate the rollover matches nobody likes.

Choose your map mode. Avoid same maps too often with more meaningful ship to map options.

Choose less players per match mode, allow 1v1 all the way up. Allows for a variety in strategic/tactical interaction, adds intensity, and increases pacing.

 

Disagree with the skilled player mode. Your suggestion just substitumes a sugary placebo that makes loosing a round sound better by removing personal responsibility for self improvement, battle awareness, adaptation to an evolving situation and team work. 

 

Less players mode I can foresee being rather problematic.. If WG can only provide X number of simultaneous battles in a time frame then this could cause problems.. I.E. a single 12v12 match could turn into twelve 1v1 matches. Also it would be easy to game this kind of configuration to increase your leveling speed or accomplish missions/events (in a way it wasn't intended for), which will be viewed by members of the player base as an exploitation of game play. Sure WG could exclude a limited member match from missions or game play, but other members of the player base will take issue with this and demand it be included..

 

Alternatively a custom tailored specialized objective based game play modes (kind of like the operation(s) battles but instead of PvE it be PvP) would be worth considering.

 

Few examples of what could be done with what exists in the game today... Imagine you could have a battle where stealth is the best way to win while making a more direct and less stealthy players think twice because of heavily armed and fortified radar stations all of the map. Or maybe (because carriers matter too) a PvP carrier escorting mission across a map that has a lot of islands for hiding and some open areas for long range attacks.

 

Edited by scoots76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,665
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
30,553 battles
8 hours ago, Mr_Argamas said:

Not all events have been successful though... Remember Asymmetric Battle, and how full of bots it could get on NA?

That being said, premium-only game modes effectively shift the game away from a F2P model. That's no necessarily bad, but a no-CV queue has been a popular request; if you implement this behind a paywall, it's going to inevitably generate criticism from the F2P player base. And it may prevent the game from progressing as steadily as it did before; why  should WG fix CV balance (as an example), when these problems could become incentives to get more people paying, in order to alleviate them?

I am not against having more stuff for premium customers, but a no-CV queue doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I would rather suggest "exclusive tier" MM, allowing me to pick tier 9 as an example, and only meet tier 9 ships (thus, no CVs). 

I never said they were all successful, just that they had implemented them with no harm done to normal game play. 

Excluding certain types of ships would probably be a non starter especially with carriers. Keeping them out of Clan Battles or Ranked, is nothing more than an admission of balance failure.  Now a "all BB mode" or "all DD mode" etc, could be great fun and probably generate quite a bit of interest. I also agree with Stinkweed that games of 2v2 or 3v3 would be worth exploring. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,224
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,411 posts
15,692 battles
11 hours ago, LieutenantJebStewart said:

No, they call this a "Gated Community." Meant to keep out the common riff raff, to prevent them from annoying the moneyed elite (Or those who like to believe they are.). Also known as "money talks and "stuff" walks."

Except Cvs don't just annoy the moneyed elite as you put it they seem to annoy everybody rich or poor . I don't mind them really , yes they can be annoying at times but I'm not paying to keep them out . But if they did start a premium battle mode the regular mode would become unbalanced with CVs and probable unplayable .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
937
[WOLFB]
Members
3,212 posts
23 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wargaming adds new modes like the Halloween & Space Battle events all the time and those don't seem to hurt anything. Same could be said about Clan Wars or Ranked. Tossing a Premium game mode into the mix wouldn't mess things up as long as you don't have too many things running concurrently. 

Those are limited game modes. Your idea would split the community between the have and have-nots. There is a reason you do not see other games do this.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,665
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
30,553 battles
20 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Those are limited game modes. Your idea would split the community between the have and have-nots. There is a reason you do not see other games do this.   

Ehh I suppose it could. Course it could lead to better player retention or attract paying players to the game. One never knows for certain and anyone who says definitively one way or the other, is probably just lying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×