You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Allgemein

Santa boxes feed back

10 comments in this topic

[CCPLZ]
Members
20 posts
6,410 battles

Things need to change, and it, not the community, it's Wargaming. 

Like many of you, I picked up some of the Santa boxes for myself and was highly disappointed. I was chatting with my clan mates about what I received, come to find out. I received the ships they did. I hopped on Reddit, and youtube to see what's going. only to find out the Santa boxes were rigged deceptively.

I understood this is gambling, but every year I walked away feeling good. This year felt different, I felt taken advantage of. Today Wargaming announced we can receive full refunds, I was on it. But what's next... 

Wargaming is still selling the Santa boxes, without change. 

I feel like the loot boxes are just too easy for wargaming to take advantage of us consumers. This year is an example. Go forward I would like wargaming to stop using these loot boxes as the main draw to purchasing whatever is new, or rare. over the past few months, every event has felt cold, meaningless, and devoid of fun. Just buy some boxes and hope for the best. this is toxic and unhealthy for the game.

So here is my feedback.

• Next year just sell us the ships. Not in a big bundle where you have to drop 1000 bucks to get what you want, or 200 bucks to get that rare ship that comes with a bunch of crappy ships no one wants. Just sell the ship. 

• Just sell us the flags, stop adding them to loot boxes. If I want flags I'll buy them. Sell tham as a stand-alone item so I can pick what I want.

• The camo...... every time I open a box and get camos I wonder to myself why. I know why but, then come up with cool permanent camo that I can purchase. Cause after this mess, I'm done buying loot boxes. you either sell me the item as a stand-alone or I'll just spend the money on someplace els. Warhammer 40k is fun too. 

• Stop listening to your sales department, and listen to your consumer. I spent 120 bucks trying to get a ship (I didn't get it cause rigged, but I have camo for the next 5 years now). I would gladly spend 80 on the Benham, and another 50 and the enterprise. Hell might even buy some flags too. So why, why use physiological means to get my money when all you have to is sell a good product. Cause now I'm pissed, along with everyone else over this practice.  

Is world of warship a good product, in my opinion, yes. So why water it down with gambling, then rigging the odd on top of that. 

Wargaming you need to change, cause at the end of the day. You depend on plays like me. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[5D3]
Members
1,547 posts
48 minutes ago, Allgemein said:

Is world of warship a good product, in my opinion, yes. So why water it down with gambling, then rigging the odd on top of that. 

Wargaming you need to change, cause at the end of the day. You depend on plays like me. 

It is still a good product, despite all the issues that remain (hello, Richthofen).

Will Wargaming change after this? I don't think so. Not unless there is/are legal scrutiny on how they implemented their Santa Crates.

And on the other side, a lot of players willingly gamble. It takes two to tango. They make lists and videos and social media posts, to brag about what they got from their gambling. So what message does that send to other players and to Wargaming? The gamblers created that FOMO on other players, and Wargaming was crafty (of course) to exploit it to their financial gain. 

And some Community Contributors (both current and former)...they say this has always been the case since way back...this shortlist, and in doing so, further cemented the impression in the minds of the general public that this rigging (which was under the radar until this Makarov scam blew up) is acceptable. One bloke even said there was no shortlist. Well, Wargaming's offer of a refund invalidated his statement.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[USCG]
Members
1,006 posts
31,569 battles

I like the fact that yesterday’s “apology” and refund messages ISN’T listed in the important messages section at the top of the forum! If you didn’t catch it yesterday you wouldn’t know about it unless you search for it.

Weak WGing, just weak...

• Cool 5

[-PVE-]
Members
491 posts
15,886 battles

WGing conceded for the Giulio Cesare and this pissed someone higher up off. After that change is not happing without a large club, they will do it there way even if it would benefit them by changing. All you have to do is look at the past two years.

Beta Testers
303 posts
2,770 battles

...in 2016 buying ships was called "Pay to Win"...in 2020 we're dealing with "Pay to get Ripped Off". The irony to those who only grind up tech tree ships without ever complaining shouldn't be lost here (I'm not one of these REAL (WO)MEN). 

[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
440 posts
7,585 battles

They need to clearly disclose the probabilities of getting each item in the loot boxes. Then the customer can make an informed decision.

• Cool 2

[CCPLZ]
Members
20 posts
6,410 battles
On 12/8/2020 at 7:00 AM, cgbosn4 said:

I like the fact that yesterday’s “apology” and refund messages ISN’T listed in the important messages section at the top of the forum! If you didn’t catch it yesterday you wouldn’t know about it unless you search for it.

Weak WGing, just weak...

This is another way of war gaming admitting that this embarrassing, and they want actually solve the problem till Christmas is over. They want to maximizes the sales.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,335 battles
On 12/8/2020 at 4:30 AM, Allgemein said:

Things need to change, and it, not the community, it's Wargaming. 

Like many of you, I picked up some of the Santa boxes for myself and was highly disappointed. I was chatting with my clan mates about what I received, come to find out. I received the ships they did. I hopped on Reddit, and youtube to see what's going. only to find out the Santa boxes were rigged deceptively.

I understood this is gambling, but every year I walked away feeling good. This year felt different, I felt taken advantage of. Today Wargaming announced we can receive full refunds, I was on it. But what's next... 

Wargaming is still selling the Santa boxes, without change. 

I feel like the loot boxes are just too easy for wargaming to take advantage of us consumers. This year is an example. Go forward I would like wargaming to stop using these loot boxes as the main draw to purchasing whatever is new, or rare. over the past few months, every event has felt cold, meaningless, and devoid of fun. Just buy some boxes and hope for the best. this is toxic and unhealthy for the game.

So here is my feedback.

• Next year just sell us the ships. Not in a big bundle where you have to drop 1000 bucks to get what you want, or 200 bucks to get that rare ship that comes with a bunch of crappy ships no one wants. Just sell the ship. 

• Just sell us the flags, stop adding them to loot boxes. If I want flags I'll buy them. Sell tham as a stand-alone item so I can pick what I want.

• The camo...... every time I open a box and get camos I wonder to myself why. I know why but, then come up with cool permanent camo that I can purchase. Cause after this mess, I'm done buying loot boxes. you either sell me the item as a stand-alone or I'll just spend the money on someplace els. Warhammer 40k is fun too. 

• Stop listening to your sales department, and listen to your consumer. I spent 120 bucks trying to get a ship (I didn't get it cause rigged, but I have camo for the next 5 years now). I would gladly spend 80 on the Benham, and another 50 and the enterprise. Hell might even buy some flags too. So why, why use physiological means to get my money when all you have to is sell a good product. Cause now I'm pissed, along with everyone else over this practice.  

Well, I'm not sure why this year felt different, because it's been like this for the last 5 years. There has always been short lists. The only thing that might have changed is the drop rate of a ship. 

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,539 battles
On 12/8/2020 at 7:00 AM, cgbosn4 said:

Weak WGing, just weak...

It is, it is locked art the top!

Of the....news and announcements section.

Which, umm, yeah,  is rather hidden “in plain sight.”

[CO-OP]
Members
3,741 posts
37,549 battles

I hadn't intended in spending any cash on crates this year, largely because of general ugh about WG and their attitude to their playerbase, not about the perceived rigging that is burning up various forums. I was reading the account of iChasegaming who bought 1000 crates on their press account and what happened when he did that. Video here,

It got me to thinking and a quick check on my existing premiums yielded that the only one on the list of 107 premiums I didn't have was Neustrashimy (I don't believe I actually spelled that correctly first time!). After due consideration I forked over my 18 shekels for the 20 of the small crates and Neustrashimy appeared in port, all done.