You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TacticalCheeseburger

Submarines

11 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles

Who knows.

Gonna be difficult to get many to accept them, based on the PTs.

WG repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot and destroying what little trust players may have doesn’t help that.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles
16 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

WG repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot 

Given the context is submarines, they’re going to need a much bigger foot. 

[CONS]
Members
1,344 posts
8,619 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Who knows.

Gonna be difficult to get many to accept them, based on the PTs.

WG repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot and destroying what little trust players may have doesn’t help that.

Aloha pig! Oink! Tell me... I played sub battles, downloaded the test server client to test asw and subs. This means that, I, Me, the Pig of Pigs, spent time testing for free. It's time WG informs us about the results of these tests. But maybe I am wrong - is it possible? - and somewhere we have some information? Goltz.

Edited by franz_von_goltz

[REKT]
Beta Testers
356 posts
12,407 battles

hopefully never... there is no way in hell WG is every going to have them balanced.

• Cool 3

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,003 battles

Subs, that class of ship that a few players want that will be just as fun in the game as CV's.  Be amazed at how well WG balances them, they will do as good a job as they have done with CV's to. 

Go play Silent Hunter for fudge sake's and leave a good Gun V Gun game alone.

• Cool 2

Members
410 posts
26 battles

I haven't seen anything terribly definite.

A few things we do know.

0.9.12 is expected just before Christmas with the Hizen Dockyard Strasburg Campaign, Snowflakes etc.

The ranked battles was meant to be this patch (0.9.11) but has been delayed for technical issues. They might drop this in next patch or 0.10.0?

The 2nd Devblog article claims the skills will hit in update 0.10.0 - so patch after next. Presumably late January.

The next tech tree release is Italian Battleships (yay!) (here & here in dev blog) these are tiers 4-10 in tech tree and a tier 9 Premium so presumably a freexp/coal & Premium shop ship. I'd expect that to be the usual spread over 2 month patches with the usual access shenanigans. - Will this also start with update 0.10.0 or the next two afterwards?

I *personally* don't expect subs with 0.10.0 or to clash with the Italian Battleship release, so I'm kinda guessing March onwards myself. But I might be wrong.

It's also noticeable nothing public about the line *after* Italian Battleships. I'd want to see Italian Destroyers as the obvious missing gap but not sure they've ever released two lines for the same nation back to back. This makes me think the subs might be between the Italian BBs and anything afterwards.

Very old mention from this news article from August 2019. Obviously might change.

"The submarine tree will be built the same way as the aircraft carrier tree: with submarines at even tiers only. The first researchable submarine will appear at Tier VI. This is in part because spreading ships between tiers allows us to balance them more easily within their respective match-making brackets, and in part to have a better differentiation between the initially implemented designs.

Germany, the Soviet Union, and the United States will be the first nations to enter testing. Japan will be next in line for introduction into the game."

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

Members
633 posts
4,288 battles
5 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

I *personally* don't expect subs with 0.10.0 or to clash with the Italian Battleship release, so I'm kinda guessing March onwards myself. But I might be wrong.

I agree. There's no way that they do any two of those three things (Italian BBs, new skills, and subs) in one patch. Even getting them into successive patches would be difficult. But overall, the fact that WG has been so quiet on subs suggests that there are problems, and even they don't know when they're coming out.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
7 hours ago, TacticalCheeseburger said:

Whats the SITREP on them? When could we possibly expect them

>Inb4 SOON tm

:Smile_hiding:                                       Soon™                                        :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

[NONE]
Members
4,225 posts
5 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Subs, that class of ship that a few players want that will be just as fun in the game as CV's.  Be amazed at how well WG balances them, they will do as good a job as they have done with CV's to. 

Go play Silent Hunter for fudge sake's and leave a good Gun V Gun game alone.

Gun V Gun died with the CV Rebork, when they imported World of Warplanes because, you know, the world needed another crappy two-dimensional attempt at a dumbed-down  arcade flight simulator.

WG subs are to Silent Hunter as WG CV's are to MS Flight Simulator.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2