Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Izmail-No FLAK?

4 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,866 posts
18,023 battles

Just working up the Ruskie BB line and got my Izmail fully upgraded. Noticed that even though it now has 2 x 130mm twins per side, there is no flak. AA seems decent and starts firing at 6K but there are no flak bursts. Is there a reason?

Edited by Sabot_100

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,371 posts
13,033 battles
35 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just working up the Ruskie BB line and got my Izmail fully upgraded. Noticed that even though it now has 2 x 130mm twins per side, there is no flak. AA seems decent and starts firing at 6K but there are no flak bursts. Is there a reason?

She gets 3 flak bursts when fully upgraded, so you might miss them.

As to why she has so few, the distinct shortage of large caliber AA guns would be a good reason.

on the other hand, she's got a small forest of 37mm guns, so she's got a reasonable mid range AA battery.

[CVA16]
Members
5,866 posts
18,023 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

She gets 3 flak bursts when fully upgraded, so you might miss them.

Would graphics settings cause this? Had some major issues last couple of patches so have my graphics set low.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,371 posts
13,033 battles
7 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Would graphics settings cause this? Had some major issues last couple of patches so have my graphics set low.

Maybe, I'm not sure what setting would turn them off though. Would be really hard to play a CV at minimum graphics settings if you can turn them off.

My guess is, there's so few of them, and they're only in the longer range brackets of your AA envelope, they're simply easy to miss.

I guess the real key would be to drive her co-op and see if your AA causes more than one airplane to smoke. You might be able to do this in a training room as well. Continuous AA can't damage multiple aircraft at a time, but flak bursts can.

You would have to have "Animate small objects" on in order to see individual aircraft though, so a training room with a Furious might do it for the low aircraft count.

Sign in to follow this