Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Waylon112

Okhotnik, nice surprise.

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
164 posts
7,649 battles

I bought a few mega crates and got a few low tier ships.  Nothing really looked special to me. I'm new to the game so  I don't have a whole lot of ship knowledge but none of the ships rang a bell with all the reading I've been doing.

The other day I saw a YouTube video from SeaRaptor on the Okhotnik . It's a tier 5 Russian DD. He started the video saying he wasn't a fan of this boat but had a request to play it, he was laughing at all the guns and how hard they hit and how many torps the thing dropped.

Anyway the name rang a bell I realized I had that ship in port so I figured I would take it out for a spin, That thing is a little monster I keep waiting to run out of torp's but it doesn't seem to happen. It spits out a dozen torps every 58 seconds It has eight guns. It's a floating meme.

I I never really liked DD's until I played this ship. I do okay most games, but I have been wrecking some boats lately. I play mostly pve,  I like to fast aggressive play style and bots don't complain so it's a win-win for me.

So does anybody have any experience with this boat and what are your thoughts?  I think it's very underrated in my noob opinion but if you do have one in port and haven't taken it for a spin it's worth a try. 

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
5,201 posts
43,308 battles

Okhotnik is a fun ship.  She is a solid gun destroyer.  Set up her captain skills to take advantage of her gunnery.  

For an in depth review read this:

• Thanks 1

Members
559 posts
12,364 battles
1 hour ago, Filthywon said:

I bought a few mega crates and got a few low tier ships.  Nothing really looked special to me. I'm new to the game so  I don't have a whole lot of ship knowledge but none of the ships rang a bell with all the reading I've been doing.

The other day I saw a YouTube video from SeaRaptor on the Okhotnik . It's a tier 5 Russian DD. He started the video saying he wasn't a fan of this boat but had a request to play it, he was laughing at all the guns and how hard they hit and how many torps the thing dropped.

Anyway the name rang a bell I realized I had that ship in port so I figured I would take it out for a spin, That thing is a little monster I keep waiting to run out of torp's but it doesn't seem to happen. It spits out a dozen torps every 58 seconds It has eight guns. It's a floating meme.

I I never really liked DD's until I played this ship. I do okay most games, but I have been wrecking some boats lately. I play mostly pve,  I like to fast aggressive play style and bots don't complain so it's a win-win for me.

So does anybody have any experience with this boat and what are your thoughts?  I think it's very underrated in my noob opinion but if you do have one in port and haven't taken it for a spin it's worth a try. 

I got it in a super container last year. It's a lot of fun. I use it in coop to grind torp hits. In randoms it can carry, especially in small tier 5 maps like big race. I think I've gotten 6 kills in that one. It's a little fragile but if u pick your target and smoke up the guns can cause a lot of damage to cruisers and dds alike.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,710 posts
22,131 battles

The Viking Longboat is pure meme.  In PvE it's loads of fun.  Spot a red BB, head straight for them and pop spood beast.  Deliver them a heaping helping of fish soup.  Rinse and repeat.  The torps are fast, plentiful, and often (fast reload).  Anything that gets into your torp range is pretty much dead.  In PvP, it's a bit of a liability in that its stealth isn't good and it turns like a brick.  So dodging CV attacks is pretty ineffective.  But in PvE, the bot CVs aim about as well as a blind drunken monkey and any evasion will make them miss.  

• Cool 1

[COOP2]
Members
565 posts
12,046 battles

A great ship for PVE, get in close and fire the massive number of torps at a slow battleship (IF you survuve long enough to do so).

Recently purchased it because 1. I wanted a cheap(er) tier 5+ Russian DD for the lineup (and some kind of coupon was also somehow involved), and 2. so many in my clan sung its praises for PVE work

• Cool 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles
18 hours ago, Filthywon said:

This was one of the first ships I received in a Xmas box in 2017........   I have hundreds of matches in her !!!  I found that she excels in "being part of an engagement" just off to the side of the main action.....  Ambushes and raiding tactics as the major combatants slug it out and have the focus of fire.  Spot, cap and then retreat to where you can leverage terrain and raid from the flanks.....  A lot of fun to play.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
19 hours ago, Filthywon said:

and what are your thoughts?

This thing is absolutely disgusting. It's obscene.

I won mine in the second part of the Russian Cruisers event last year. Instead of trading my tokens in on the special commander Kuznetsov, I got the Murmansk (offered as a free event ship) with them and then spammed non-premium event crates with what was left. I got very lucky, and one of them had a mission for the Okhotnik in it. It wasn't a ship I would have imagined myself going out of the way to buy, but once I took her out a few times it was very easy to see what sort of fun could be had with her.

She's probably the most powerful destroyer at Tier 5, hands down, but she pays for it with her length and her tendency to turn like a paraplegic elephant on valium. You pay dearly for having all that stuff on the midline.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
113 posts

One of my first premium ships that drop in containers, not that good in randoms, pve is your best route. It's great for torp missions, also if you do training missions with other streamers like Sone mg it's fun canoe.

• Cool 1