You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

NoZoupForYou crate perspective

92 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,873 posts

The man stretches himself in all sorts of contortions. The comments are holding his feet to the fire though.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[REVY]
Members
8,157 posts
6,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

The man stretches himself in all sorts of contortions. The comments are holding his feet to the fire though.

Well he wouldn't want to be anti-business after all.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

The best comment I saw "How's that Russian leather taste?"

He's not doing himself ANY favors right now. It's clear they are rigged, the masses are angry, and he rolls in defending wargaming. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[46856]
Members
1,873 posts
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

The best comment I saw "How's that Russian leather taste?"

He's not doing himself ANY favors right now. It's clear they are rigged, the masses are angry, and he rolls in defending wargaming. 

Or he was given his marching orders by the Committee.

• Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,709 posts
23,839 battles

I disagree with Zoup that this is some kind of error. It is the same way the event has worked since its inception, with the change a couple years ago that there are no duplicate drops. 

There is apparently a gate drop at each level, and beyond that the ships have decreasing probability with increasing tier or belonging to the "rare" group. This has been clear to any interested observer since 2016. 

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
8,157 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, Pugilistic said:

This has been clear to any interested observer since 2016. 

And if you just started the game, this information is nowhere to be found on the santa crate news page itself.

• Cool 1

Members
4,328 posts
3,255 battles
1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

I disagree with Zoup that this is some kind of error. It is the same way the event has worked since its inception, with the change a couple years ago that there are no duplicate drops. 

There is apparently a gate drop at each level, and beyond that the ships have decreasing probability with increasing tier or belonging to the "rare" group. This has been clear to any interested observer since 2016. 

I agree. They eliminated duplicate drops, otherwise it's the same as it has been since 2016. 

[KWF]
Members
5,238 posts
6,659 battles

"Not coming out to defend them"

Exact previous sentence:

"An honest mistake, in some kind of algorithm or some line of coding...."

while there's actual proof on the whole case.

"You know, mistakes do happen"

While talking about the case of people spending hundreds of dollars on containers.....

Man, Zoup for the past 2 years has gone downhill, and he was actually decent at the start :Smile_sad:.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,709 posts
23,839 battles
8 minutes ago, Sventex said:

And if you just started the game, this information is nowhere to be found on the santa crate news page itself.

That's fair. This should have been in the news section as in past years. 

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
1,100 posts
6,083 battles

Damn, there is a guy in the comment section saying he got the Makarov, didn't want the ship, sold it for credits, then got another Makarov. I know it is not smart to sell these premium ships, as they become supercontainers, but that was...brutal

Edited by WarStore
  • Haha 5

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
18 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I don't know how it has been advertised in the past, that doesn't matter in regards to this year.  This year WG misrepresented what the majority of players can actually get when they say you can get a chance of 1 of 107 ships.  That is wrong, and actually illegal in most places. 

• Cool 2

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
125 posts
5,819 battles

Does he ever get to a conclusion?

[DJL]
Members
235 posts
6,990 battles
1 minute ago, hammer_1 said:

Does he ever get to a conclusion?

No but alot of people got 1 about him lol that is one brown nose.

• Haha 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,353 battles

the fact that people can defend WG when theres overwhelming evidence against them, shows me that some people truly are shills for this criminal of a company

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
125 posts
5,819 battles
50 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

I don't know why if you get a ship crate of a ship you already have WG doesn't just give you equivalent value ship instead of totally random, OR give you the doubloons.

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
1,873 posts
1 minute ago, hammer_1 said:

I don't know why if you get a ship crate of a ship you already have WG doesn't just give you equivalent value ship instead of totally random, OR give you the doubloons.

I wonder the same thing myself.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,157 posts
6,118 battles
26 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Man, Zoup for the past 2 years has gone downhill, and he was actually decent at the start

I had to unfollow him on Twitter because he wouldn't shut up about minor nitpicks of California law.  He asks you to follow him for Warships content, instead you get petty political bickering.

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
125 posts
5,819 battles

It IS hard to come to a conclusion if you already have every Premium ship, what's the point?

If i could have bought Jean Bart or Mushashi I would have, would have been cheaper. I bought $110 worth of crates till I got the JB and quit.

Of course I got a lot of flags and my premium time has boosted to over a year in the future.

[KWF]
Members
5,238 posts
6,659 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

I had to unfollow him on Twitter because he wouldn't shut up about minor nitpicks of California law.  He asks you to follow him for Warships content, instead you get petty political bickering.

Wasn't aware of that since I prefer to stay as far away from Twitter as possible, though I can easily believe what you describe.

Truth be told I fail to grasp Zoups motives behind being so defensive of WG as a whole.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,518 posts
18,144 battles

At around the 7:55 mark Zoup states "these aren't necessarily loot crates". 

Clint Eastwood Whats Happening GIF - ClintEastwood WhatsHappening Confused  - Discover & Share GIFs

I still like his videos for the most part but truthfully he seemed to be scrambling a bit to come to War Gaming's defense. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,543 posts
24,710 battles
18 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Wait Zoup still posts WoWs videos? 

I hadn't noticed. 

:cap_cool:

Neither have I.

Haven't found him particularly relevant since he "advised" the players who listened to him, to buy all the coal ships in his "Which Coal Ship to Buy" video a few years back. Seemed rather a stupid point to make when players were trying to decide on where to spend their resources. 

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,709 posts
23,839 battles
38 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I don't know how it has been advertised in the past, that doesn't matter in regards to this year.  This year WG misrepresented what the majority of players can actually get when they say you can get a chance of 1 of 107 ships.  That is wrong, and actually illegal in most places. 

Go for it. Show them Mom's picture from the stand. 

Blogging By Cinema-light: Judgment at Nuremberg

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,709 posts
23,839 battles
53 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Damn, there is a guy in the comment section saying the got the Makarov, didn't want the ship, sold it for credits, then got another Makarov. I know it is not smart to sell these premium ships, as they become supercontainers, but that was...brutal

Fleet Management 101 fail.