You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Santa Crates

479 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,893 posts
4,881 battles

I bet some people are gonna to abuse this for a other chance of opening crates

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 4

[PHD]
Members
1,079 posts
6,083 battles

That is better, but not enough. At least the people who were cheated by this move will be able to get a refund (I am not among them by the way).

Edited by WarStore
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 5

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
1 minute ago, MajorRenegade said:

I bet some people are gonna to abuse this only just to rebuy them again for a other chance of opening crates

That be a really dumb thing to do imo. You are probably right they will, but honestly im not willing to roll my account back to refund the 20$ i spent on regular crates. To those who are..well i wish them the best of luck.

[KSC]
Members
124 posts
23,332 battles

I bought 19 or 20 big crates, and definitely got a lot less premium time this year versus last year.  I got over 600 days of premium last year, plus tons of steel and coal.

[_JAG_]
Members
1 post
5,439 battles
4 minutes ago, WarStore said:

That is better. At least the people who were cheated by this move will be able to get a refund (I am not among them by the way).

'Cheated'? not understanding probability or chance does not constitute cheated.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 16

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,893 posts
4,881 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

That be a really dumb thing to do imo. You are probably right they will, but honestly im not willing to roll my account back to refund the 20$ i spent on regular crates. To those who are..well i wish them the best of luck.

i only spent like 34$ on 8 mega boxes and then used the doubloons i had to buy 16 more mega crates only to get 1 tier 5 and a tier 7 dd that I don't want. so ya I was a little disappointed :Smile_sad:

[KIA-A]
Members
934 posts
5,750 battles
21 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

Thank you for giving us a refund for the purchase. Just please be more transparent next time with the wording and you guys won't have this problem.

Edited by Leopard_IX
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
5,210 posts
6,659 battles
31 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I bet people are gonna to abuse this only just to rebuy them again for a other chance.

.... and get another Makarov :Smile_teethhappy:.

43 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description. 

Hapa, what players report is that unless they get a shortlist ship, they don't get ship drops from the "normal" ship list. This is completely different from ships having much higher drop chances, which considering the value of some of the ships is to be expected.

Bottom line, the big question is this:

Does not having a ship from the shortlisted drops bar you from any drops from the "normal drop" ship list until you first get a shortlist drop?

People are reporting a 0% chance for such an occurence and I feel this part wasn't addressed in your response.

Won't even comment on the

After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description. 

part, for a consumer system that heavily relies on access to detailed information before a purchase, leaving out important facts that can be misunderstood is pretty anti-consumer.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 12
  • Thanks 3

[PHD]
Members
1,079 posts
6,083 battles
Just now, neiltb_1 said:

Not understanding probability? What probability? Tell me, what is the chance of getting any ship of your choice? What is the chance of the crate give you, say, a Pommern? 0,1%? Where is it stated?

But I can give you the exact probability of someone who doesn't have a Duca D'Aosta, a Yuudachi, a Vanguard  or Ochakov to get any other ship from a Mega Container: 0%

That is cheating. 

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
Just now, MajorRenegade said:

i only spent like 34$ on 8 mega boxes and then used the doubloons i had to buy 16 more mega crates only to get 1 tier 5 and a tier 7 dd that I don't want. so ya I was a little disappointed :Smile_sad:

Thats fair actually! Ive just progressed to far since the last crates i opened(on friday). A rollback would take away my Hindenburg and the progress ive made on coop grinds >.<

I got lucky, In my first 20 megas i got all four shortlist ships. The second bunch? The Benham and two other tier 8s, + a tier 6 i cant remember >.>

Members
1 post
40 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Bottom line, the big question is this:

Does not having a ship from the shortlisted drops bar you from any drops from the "normal drop" ship list until you first get a shortlist drop?

People are reporting a 0% chance for such an occurence and I feel this part wasn't addressed in your response.

I absolutely second that. This issue hasn't been addressed at all.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[SBS]
Members
6,124 posts
3 minutes ago, neiltb_1 said:

The problem is WG is marketing the crates as a chance to win 1 of 107 ships.  If you don't have the ships from the short list there is no probability of winning 1 of 107 ships, its only 1 of 4 unpopular low tier ships.

• Cool 10
  • Meh 1

[PHD]
Members
1,079 posts
6,083 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

Oh we 100% intend to.

That includes disclosing the chances of dropping the ships?

• Cool 1

[P33DZ]
Members
262 posts
7,474 battles

Can you just show us the drop rates next time? I'm sure everyone else but Wargaming is doing this.

• Cool 3

[KOBK]
Members
379 posts
4,736 battles
23 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I think WG should publish the % of dropping a ship from the original sale crate (not the supercontainer ones) because this has high impact before i decide to purchase 20 crates or not doing so.

Also, it is really possible to get an upper tier from a santa crate? Please excuse me if i sound rude, but i come for Ragnarok and i know what is farming for a 0,01% chance item and that is hardly possible considering killing the mvp is almost free. So if i have to expend money here for 20 chances to have a similar odd, its pretty impossible to me

• Cool 4

[ECOCL]
Members
21 posts
4,083 battles

Clearly, the people who blew this up have no idea how a gamble box works, every company who does gamble boxes do it the same way, but WG lets flamu do whatever he wants and he's the most toxic CC in the CC program, flamu bought those crates with free doubloons from WG, give me a break.

Edited by Itsj_p
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 18

[AK]
Beta Testers
18 posts
10,645 battles

I have never purchased a gambling type of crate.

WG position is that: 

"As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description."

WG appears not to know anything about promotions.  You provide details about the cost and the offerings.  Enough details for purchaser to understand what they are potentially getting and the odds they can get it.  You do not say "We provided this information in the past and no longer need provide it".  WG has ended up committing fraud, and WG should have known better.

In any event, it is appropriate to offer refunds for crates as one potential fair solution.  WG deserves credit for this.

Klebs

Edited by Klebs

[RAIDR]
[RAIDR]
Members
22 posts
8,661 battles

I don't want a refund myself,  was disappointed but meh is what it is.

Id rather see a show of good faith perhaps in the form of some sort of compensation ..  perhaps hand everyone that made Santa purchases some additional santa crates.. say 1 of the same type for every 10 they purchased of that type?   or perhaps a super container for every 20$ spent?  should be easy to do

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
2 posts
5,598 battles

Please forgive me, as I’m new to this whole setting but once the refund is given I assume the items accrued from the crates will also be removed. I am reading this at work so I may have missed it if this was already stated. I just think this is information that should be made clear  

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts

This is amazing for WG to do this.  Still people will not appreciate it.

I bought 40 megas and plan to get 40 more at the end of the event after the free flake crates.

I'm a hard case but I would not allow people who get refunds to rebuy this season.  You can BANK on it that more than a few are already thinking about getting a re roll to get that ship they want now for free.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 5

[-BSK-]
Members
39 posts
7,069 battles

Good on WG for at least giving everyone the option to get a refund. I do think in the future maybe showing a percentage of a drop of a given ship would be a really good idea. Either way seems there was quite a few lessons learned.

[KOBK]
Members
379 posts
4,736 battles
20 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I will send this feedback up, it is still the decision of ANY company whether they do so or not (unless the law states to).

-Hapa

Yeah, i know is up to the company, but its sad to see something like the santa gifts to have such an highroar because of this. I dont think this should affect the income from those kind of sales (crates ones)

[KIA-A]
Members
934 posts
5,750 battles
2 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

Clearly, the people who blew this up have no idea how a gamble box works, every company who does gamble boxes do it the same way, but WG lets flamu do whatever he wants and he's the most toxic CC in the CC program, flamu bought those crates with free doubloons from WG, give me a break.

Have you seen the evidence for the shortlist theory. There is overwhelming evidence that it is true. Thinking that Flamu is the only one that said this really makes me believe you have no idea what the theory is even about. Many people have posted the same results in that there is a shortlist.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1