Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kemi337

Devastating Strike Achievement is bugged, horribly

9 comments in this topic

[ARMOR]
Members
138 posts
19,038 battles

image.thumb.png.0a3f9ff546ae7369e10abaa334dac0bf.png

Now please explain to me how this happened:

I finish the Omaha off with a second volley, after a 40 second reload (which this ship has no business having, but that's a discussion for a different day) and it triggers a D-strike (look in the chat).

Is this making checks like an Arsonist? Because I did well over 50% of the damage in a single salvo to the ship with my first shot, but then also got the kill, I got the achievement?

I've also seen instances of the achievement not triggering when actually killing the ship with a 50-60% killing blow on it. If I encounter another I'll record it and post it here. What's going on with this?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Interesting. My guess is it has something to do with the fact that one of your ships got killed at exactly the same time. There were two first bloods, and the other one was a Dev Strike. Probably something got messed up by the simultaneous first bloods and also assigned two Dev Strikes. That's worth reporting to WG as a bug. Replay, video, WGCheck.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,206 posts
7,969 battles
1 hour ago, Kemi337 said:

I finish the Omaha off with a second volley, after a 40 second reload (which this ship has no business having, but that's a discussion for a different day) and it triggers a D-strike (look in the chat).

Is this making checks like an Arsonist? Because I did well over 50% of the damage in a single salvo to the ship with my first shot, but then also got the kill, I got the achievement?

I've also seen instances of the achievement not triggering when actually killing the ship with a 50-60% killing blow on it. If I encounter another I'll record it and post it here. What's going on with this?

i have also had this issue. shot my minekaze's fish at a almost full health mikoyan, mikoyan killed me, and I only got flesh wound when my torps killed mikoyan. torps dealt more than 50% of its health so y didn't i get Dev strike???

[ARMOR]
Members
138 posts
19,038 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

i have also had this issue. shot my minekaze's fish at a almost full health mikoyan, mikoyan killed me, and I only got flesh wound when my torps killed mikoyan. torps dealt more than 50% of its health so y didn't i get Dev strike???

Yes - I don't have one of those on video, but I did see it happen where a battleship got wrecked with a 60% torpedo strike and no Dev Strike was issued.

I submitted a ticket for them to look at it. The achievement doesn't give flags or anything, but presumably its worth some credits or exp, although that is speculation as well. It's just weird and should be fixed.

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
37 minutes ago, Kemi337 said:

Yes - I don't have one of those on video, but I did see it happen where a battleship got wrecked with a 60% torpedo strike and no Dev Strike was issued.

I submitted a ticket for them to look at it. The achievement doesn't give flags or anything, but presumably its worth some credits or exp, although that is speculation as well. It's just weird and should be fixed.

Ahoy @Kemi337!

Do you happen to have the following?

• WG check report
  • Entire replay file for this battle

If you have both, send them over to me via Forum PM.

#anchorsaweigh 

[ARMOR]
Members
138 posts
19,038 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy @Kemi337!

Do you happen to have the following?

• WG check report
  • Entire replay file for this battle

If you have both, send them over to me via Forum PM.

#anchorsaweigh 

Sent via PM! Thanks!

• Cool 1

[RDW]
Members
2 posts
14,995 battles
On 12/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, Kemi337 said:

I've also had this happen a few times. Always assumed that since I did take over 50% in one salvo. And I did sink the ship. It was still considered a Dev strike, even tho the actual devastating strike wasn't the finishing blow. But I dunno, maybe it's a glitch and not supposed to do that?

Edited by ReefMadness
misspelled word

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,870 posts
21,336 battles
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 2:37 AM, Kemi337 said:

What's going on with this?

your 1st salvo did not meet the condition, the ohmaha still alive.

One of the key word is destroy, your 2nd salvo counted as dev strike because you met 2 conditions: you destroyed the ship, you kill him by 1 alpha salvo

the dam (more than 50% HP of the destroyed ship) that you inflicted also 1 of the condition

So I think out of 3 conditions, you need to meet at least 2 to get the dev strike award

Sign in to follow this