You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_dwPXzz2asd6M

Reminder: WG said this on Saturday during the Verizon tournament ***UPDATE*** statement from WG

51 comments in this topic

Members
682 posts

762514734_2020-12-05(2).png.86d70e049dc2e07733cea148b9bdd907.png.9a3bad0e4ea289f9f1e742734724f4af.png

giphy-downsized-medium.gif.c183094981dba4eb637cb16d9666265c.gif

From Hapa:

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

Edited by anonym_dwPXzz2asd6M
  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4

[KSE]
Members
802 posts
29,376 battles

Expect a response to the tune of “Those that have purchased crates and not opened them can receive a refund”.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
11 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

762514734_2020-12-05(2).png.86d70e049dc2e07733cea148b9bdd907.png.9a3bad0e4ea289f9f1e742734724f4af.pnggiphy-downsized-medium.gif.c183094981dba4eb637cb16d9666265c.gif

So it's Monday. So what? They are discussing matters with the Devs. They'll give you an answer when the discussion is finished and not before.

• Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,593 battles

Why does WG feel it needs to be sneaky like this.... they get called on it every time and it makes them look like greedy (insert derogatory term here) ...

jeez WG.. have some respect for your customers... the tactic is called Bait and Switch... you dangle the gold and then sell them the tin.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles

In awaiting this "response", for some reason images of a gasoline can and a fire keep popping in to my head.

• Haha 1

Members
2,765 posts
11 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Expect a response to the tune of “Those that have purchased crates and not opened them can receive a refund”.

An excellent comment. Comedic, and more so because it's possibly prophetic.

[EQRN]
Members
2,440 posts
25,058 battles

They bring stuff to the devs all the time, doesn’t mean the devs step down from Mt Olympus to interact with the peons.

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

They bring stuff to the devs all the time, doesn’t mean the devs step down from Mt Olympus to interact with the peons.

More than likely they wont say anything, could make it worse afterall.

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,593 battles
4 minutes ago, Tovarich123 said:

Boycott WG!!!

For these types of decisions.. come Jan.. it will have been 3 years since I gave WG any of my money...  it did not have to be this way, but their lack of respect for me and others on multiple issues just turns me off as a customer.

They do not need to be ... "shady"... but they choose to be.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLFH]
[WOLFH]
Members
882 posts
34,099 battles
1 minute ago, OuijaApologist said:

"I guess we need someone to address this..."

*WG employees coming back from break 

tenor (4).gif

So true...

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,534 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So it's Monday. So what? They are discussing matters with the Devs. They'll give you an answer when the discussion is finished and not before.

It’s been floating around over the weekend that WG was going to make some sort of public pronouncement today.

I don’t know where that expectation came from,  unless it came from wishful thinking regarding the above reference to internal discussion.

I expect no external statement, other than “working as intended.”

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
9 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I expect no external statement, other than “working as intended.”

And it is working as intended. People who received "shortlist ships" did in fact receive premium ships. They could just as easily have got flags, camo or coal; I've seen mentions around the place of people who whaled like F and got no ships at all.

This is IMHO about people wanting the same chance to receive a Missouri as a Makarov. That ain't happening, and if WG gives into the calls for "compensation" from an angry, entitled segment of the playerbase then they are making the worst mistake of their careers.

Some of these "trash" ships are better and more powerful than ANYTHING some beginning players have in their ports. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
14,459 battles
47 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Why does WG feel it needs to be sneaky like this.... they get called on it every time and it makes them look like greedy (insert derogatory term here) ...

jeez WG.. have some respect for your customers... the tactic is called Bait and Switch... you dangle the gold and then sell them the tin.

Exactly. It is not as if these ships actually exist and are scarce. It is just bits. WG could be generous for once and make the crates have a high chance of dropping any ship, but instead they want to milk as much money as possible from people by "gifting" them things that don't even exist.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,534 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And it is working as intended.

Oh, I have no doubt that it is, and that it will continue unchanged.

[-ARM-]
Members
600 posts
19,580 battles

IIRC in past years WG said something about some ships having higher odds of getting or not getting, I don't recall the wording.

So I would buy one crate.

I did not know by buying only one crate my odds of getting one of the really great and rare ships was zero.

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And it is working as intended. People who received "shortlist ships" did in fact receive premium ships. They could just as easily have got flags, camo or coal; I've seen mentions around the place of people who whaled like F and got no ships at all.

This is IMHO about people wanting the same chance to receive a Missouri as a Makarov. That ain't happening, and if WG gives into the calls for "compensation" from an angry, entitled segment of the playerbase then they are making the worst mistake of their careers.

Some of these "trash" ships are better and more powerful than ANYTHING some beginning players have in their ports. 

I will grant you that the shortlist controversy is blown quite a bit out of proportions. But it's the cherry on top of a series of glorious moves on behalf of WG in the past few months; namely trying to shove subs, shoving a skill rework without much notice nor any true large scale testing, CVs, Yamatos sold directly for cash and now this too.

Most of the rage isn't borne out of entitlement, it's just the straw that broke the camel's back for most players that give a damn about this game.

0 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

so glad our resident WG wang warmer stated the obvious

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
399 posts
3,043 battles

They should have said ...."You have a chance to have chances to have more chances to get your desired ship"

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
3 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

Yes. Because anyone who isnt pissed off over this is a wg shill. Obviously. *heavy sarcasm*

Members
682 posts

10 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

Thankfully I had just put down my coffee before reading that, would have made a mess. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by anonym_dwPXzz2asd6M
  • Cool 1