You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

why are high tier players so stupid.

84 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
682 posts
9,877 battles

always having battleships drive in a group around a huge mountain instead of taking the cap on the other side of it , effectively taking themselves out of the battle and letting the enemy cap with no real opposition with one ship.

Then when they get to the other side of the mountain, they let themselves all be killed with nothing to show for it.

or driving around in one group while the enemy caps behind them

then when you tell them whats happening,  like lemmings ignore you  out of spite and still loose.  Stupid!!!

New American battleships only make people think that they can snipe on the edge of the map and its going to win the game.  BZZZZZ  wrong.  I saw one BB guy trying to make a new map into the edge of the existing map to get futher away.

or sit behind a mountain and fire while waiting to be torped, and he did last game.

Dont they learn the lessons of low tier ??   Or  have they just flipped out their yuppie wallets and not learnt anything at all.

Meanwhile  the cruisers and destroyers expecting support get none or I should say destroyers get none as your all behind mountains and cant fire a damn shot!!

its only after  you let the enemy kill the destroyers with team effort and radar etc  that you come out of your hidy holes and think you better do something if  you can possibly salvage it.  Disgusting.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 6

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles

"why are high tier players so stupid."

Because players are people.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles

Because high tiers is full of inexperienced and incompetent players, and a great mass of 47-48% players, who make errors early.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,785 posts

You talk to your teamates and guide them like a bunch of fillies to water as it were. They'll come along soon enough and maybe actually win a couple.

The scenario I see most often is one little DD sitting somewhere halfway on one side or other and 3 or 4 BB's hiding behind lumps of islands waiting for someone to please make that horrible DD go away. Half a millions in hit points versus little 15K DD... come on now. Scardey cats.

So you gotta talk to them. They will come along. The truly stupid will stay put and eventually get sunk right there having done nothing but shoot a few salvos.

My favorite teammates are those who fill in behind my DD and seek out the enemy DD first. I don';t care who sinks that DD but it needs to be sunk. Then we can feast on the enemy BB's hiding in the back.

Most players in public do not have that predatory battleminded. I would rather die a thousand deaths than run or hide but once in a blue moon staying quiet until the enemy sails into what Sun Tzu calls Fatal Terrain from which they will not survive is worth the trouble.

Finally but not last. In Random with CV's its bombs bombs and bombs. You are detected and fired on until sunk by every red in range. Some days its not worth getting the DD out of bed to play when it happens like that regularly. On the other hand sinking a few Human CV's is a reward well in itself, even if I have to sneak past 4 hiding Red BB's to get to it. Usually when I torp CV they swivel around and sink me. Too late. The queen is taken as they say in Chess. and thats the game. Checkmate for teams unable to fight as a unit.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Members
708 posts

because pushing into a cap with a bb and waiting 30 secs for the guns to reload isnt worth the price you pay..especially when the "inexperienced" 

cruisers and destroyers sit out side in a cluster playn butt touch and peek a boo...

also since my guns have great range there is no need to ...but why are those cruisers and dds playn way back now ? always tryn to get behind my bb ... and with smaller map sizes this is becoming laughable ....

grow some potatoes cruisers and dds or stay in tier 3 please ..

thats my take on it ..no need to mention any names you know who you are ...and doesnt apply to all players .

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[_DOS_]
Members
452 posts
3,562 battles
15 minutes ago, arch4random said:

because pushing into a cap with a bb and waiting 30 secs for the guns to reload isnt worth the price you pay..especially when the "inexperienced" 

cruisers and destroyers sit out side in a cluster playn butt touch and peek a boo...

also since my guns have great range there is no need to ...but why are those cruisers and dds playn way back now ? always tryn to get behind my bb ... and with smaller map sizes this is becoming laughable ....

grow some potatoes cruisers and dds or stay in tier 3 please ..

thats my take on it ..no need to mention any names you know who you are ...and doesnt apply to all players .

It is quite annoying when people ask why a BB isn't pushing when cruisers and DDs are running away from cap zones because they see an enemy ship and expect you to tank damage for them while they set sail for a different continent. 

• Cool 3
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 2

Beta Testers
234 posts
12,285 battles

The problem is they watch you-tube and copy what they see and think the are unicums (which somehow is correct) without understanding what is happening and why.

• Cool 3

Members
3,664 posts
42,497 battles

Are you sure it is stupidity, lack of experience, arrogance, or they don't want to compete but play in PvP for another reason?

Because it could be anything actually. If a whole division, easy to find out. Just ask post match what was their game plan? If the clan or division gives no reply, then that is your answer. They are not competitive.

Competitive players have some plans.

Players that lack experience usually played up tier because they never did it before and they would explain that.

Arrogant players are just that. But with one caveat. They probably looked up stats and didn't want to be focused.

Stupid is relative. The stupidest player in a purple clan could be the best player in an orange one.

If you are surrounded by mediocre players, what you do, might be considered amazing. But placed among great players, they are average.

It's all about perception.

MM doesn't care. It will put you in a Good, Bad, or Ugly team.

All you can do is control what you can do. Or at the very least with your division, play as smart and careful as you can to win.

At the end of the day, the team that lands their shots more accurately wins.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
11,989 posts
19,501 battles

The behavior the OP complains about is relative to other tiers as well..

I would also point out, why would anyone produce if power creep dictates game play?

Until we advocate for a fair play doctrine... This will only get worse, players will avoid high tiers just like we avoid our spouses by playing the game.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 2

Members
708 posts

23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Until we advocate for a fair play doctrine..

it is fair game play now ...hes complaining about a style of play...4 bbs can come around a corner same as 4 cls or dds ..in fact if they didnt camp the game would be better but thats what they are doing right now until they get better...

but another reason why bbs dont move and camp we cant shoot over the mountains so we do have to be back just to get a shot off...add in the fact we are fat and slow seems like alot like work to move that close ...and the cls like to steal my kills...bbs do move up when the torp boys are producing ...but when you move up into torp range and the torp boys  miss everything every time ...better to stay back just out of torp range .

ops rant really isnt what i am seeing ..so maybe hes talking about tier 3-4... bbs im playing with usually are spread out some are up and some are back depends on the bb your driving and the map your on ..tier 10 bbs do what they want...calling for support doesnt mean im bringing my bb to 1-2 km behind said dd-cl ..but i might also move in front of torps to save his carcass since i can take a torp hit or two ..it all depends  

Edited by arch4random

[SIM]
Members
5,589 posts
9,012 battles

Why do DDs early suicide charge? Why do hydro cruisers take positions next to the CV instead of island humping and screening for torps? Why does the CV pick on a lone bottom tier BB while DDs make mincemeat of the team's BBs as they push? 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[WORX]
Members
11,989 posts
19,501 battles
34 minutes ago, arch4random said:

it is fair game play now

We have a Difference in opinion/perception, There is no way WOWS is even remotely fair at high tiers...

If in your honest opinion the power creep for profit business model is "fair" to you. Then, Butter-bean was a legitimate world class professional boxer (he was not).

• Meh 1

[VFW]
Members
1,468 posts
30,650 battles
20 minutes ago, muricaFKyea said:

The pot calling the kettle black :cap_book:

Improve your own game performance before criticizing others, thank you.

Yep, agree.  So, Pot meet Kettle Mr. DevilD0g.

[SALVO]
Members
25,843 posts
28,192 battles
5 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

like lemmings ignore you  out of spite and still loose.  Stupid!!!

I'd be careful about who you call stupid when you can't even spell "lose" properly.

[SALVO]
Members
25,843 posts
28,192 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Why do DDs early suicide charge?

Because too many DD players are bad at playing DDs.

3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Why does the CV pick on a lone bottom tier BB while DDs make mincemeat of the team's BBs as they push? 

Because CVs have every right to farm damage, same as every other player on the team.  Where are the DDs or the cruisers to screen for those BBs?  And if there are no DDs or cruisers nearby to screen for them, why the hell are they pushing in the first place?   This is a typical "blame the CV player for every mistake the TEAM makes" loser attitude.

• Thanks 1

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles
1 hour ago, muricaFKyea said:

The pot calling the kettle black :cap_book:

Improve your own game performance before criticizing others, thank you.

52 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'd be careful about who you call stupid when you can't even spell "lose" properly.

Now, now no need for stat shaming. He hasn't gone to the stage of realizing he's also part of the problem.

To the OP:

If you're going to rage about other players beng stupid, I'd advise improving your gameplay first. Your W/R at T8-T10 are at 42.01%, 44.74% and 39.84% respectively. Make yourself part of the solution first. I'd recommend doing what I did. Pick a ship you like and be stupidly good with it. And be able to carry a game despite the spuds in your tm. 

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[FORM]
Members
1,969 posts
12,622 battles
6 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

always having battleships drive in a group around a huge mountain instead of taking the cap on the other side of it...

In all seriousness, high tier play is usually very different than lower tier. I have seen a lot of players who are decent at tiers 4-6, but really terrible at high tier. It isn't uncommon at all to watch someone's win rate of almost 53% in thousand of battles at tier 4 just plummet as low as sub 40% at tier 10 just because they don't understand the need for more patient play and how the entire map positioning weighs into the equation.

Might that be something to consider? 

• Cool 3

[_TKS_]
Members
1,268 posts
9,912 battles

Fun fact: Just because a BB is 13-14 km away from the action does not mean it’s sniping.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
11,188 posts
10,423 battles
23 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Now, now no need for stat shaming. 

Some of that was spell shaming.

• Haha 1

[SCRUM]
Members
90 posts
6,594 battles

When I finally got my T9 BBs by grinding, I realized the game changed and I really needed to learn the cruisers and DDs play tactics to be able to play smart in T10.  I could keep grinding those BBs to tier 10 but it won't be much fun for me or my hapless teammates. Instead, I'm grinding the cruisers and playing the lower tier BBs and guess what,  I'm earning credits and free XP like I really needed while grinding those BBs to tier 9.

• Cool 1