You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Elite Captain XP

48 comments in this topic

[FT]
Members
292 posts
14,295 battles

People are getting very animated about the new cap skill. I was just wondering how much elite XP people have saved up. I have a little over 4 million. I am not too worried about the extra level. Yall?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,313 posts
9,556 battles

I have a little over 800,000 right now and I expect it will be enough to bump one of my 19s to 20.  I am banking more, but I doubt I'll have the, what, 2,000,000 needed to get one of my 19s to 21 by the time the skills go live.

• Thanks 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,568 posts
17,503 battles

Currently sitting somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million after bumping two commanders up to 19 points last month (and another one or two plus boosting some other captains to 10/14 points since the summer) for lines that I was actively grinding and focusing. Expecting to have at least double that by the time 10.0 drops late next month, so I should be able to bump four or five of my current fourteen 19 pointers to 21 points as soon as the patch drops to keep generating ecxp.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,100 battles

Not worried about it.

Captain skills to 21 is great, but it's that some new players at high tier going into PvP that need to work on their playing skills first.

Usually I don't hear about it, but lately Randoms players come to co-op to vent about the high tier stuff.

You can have a 21 point captain and still suck if you sucked at 19.

If you are struggling in PvP, and are high tier, please don't go in PvP without a clan mate div to teach you the fundamentals.

Because I feel really sorry for PvP players that have invested time in this game and suddenly the skills ceiling drops out. 

There are videos, streamers, ask your clan mates, use that training room, and use the forums for information on builds.

Going into PvP with tier 8 and above ships, not being ready, hurts any team that plays with you. 

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,467 battles

I’m at about 4M. Problem is i’m finishing off the Unintersting Upgrade missions and the captains on the ships i have left are sub 19pt so i’m not accumulating much exp except for the first daily reward and if i take a break to play something else. Mainly the coming rework is making me hesitate on new ship purchases. I have coal for yoshino but not sure it will be worth it, fxp for alaska, and same looks like smaland may be the better way to go...

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,433 posts
17,190 battles

6.9M - which is currently projected to be plenty to upgrade the handful of 19-Point captains that I repeatedly cycle through the comparatively few high tier premiums I play anymore....

[BB35]
Members
573 posts
5,594 battles
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Not worried about it.

Captain skills to 21 is great, but it's that some new players at high tier going into PvP that need to work on their playing skills first.

Usually I don't hear about it, but lately Randoms players come to co-op to vent about the high tier stuff.

You can have a 21 point captain and still suck if you sucked at 19.

If you are struggling in PvP, and are high tier, please don't go in PvP without a clan mate div to teach you the fundamentals.

Because I feel really sorry for PvP players that have invested time in this game and suddenly the skills ceiling drops out. 

There are videos, streamers, ask your clan mates, use that training room, and use the forums for information on builds.

Going into PvP with tier 8 and above ships, not being ready, hurts any team that plays with you. 

Understanding how to play your ship is more important CPT skills. I do very well with 10 point Captains. I have a bunch of 19 point CPT's, should be able upgrade 3 or 4 to 21 points.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,314 posts
35,750 battles

1.4 million at the moment.  Have about 14 19 pointers.  Hoping to get at least Halsey and Lutjens to 21.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles

LOL. I'm creeping up on 600,000 and desperate to know that magical number to turn a 19 pointer into a 21 pointer. Not seriously expecting any answer short of 800,000. 

My last supercontainer outside of special events tossed me fifty Pi-day camos (314% free and commander XP).

My supercontainers are packaged by the Rolling Stones. I don't always get what I want (and in fact I have NEVER yet pulled a ship out of a regular supercontainer), but I often find that I get what I need. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
10 minutes ago, kyesac said:

1.4 million at the moment.  Have about 14 19 pointers.  Hoping to get at least Halsey and Lutjens to 21.

If you have premiums in all four of German CV, BB, DD and cruisers, Lutjens will become incredibly versatile because his special talents favour ALL ship types but the current skill tree doesn't allow optimizing for both surface ships and carriers; something has to give. That changes under the new system, and he can be optimized for all four types.

I'm seriously considering making him my next coal purchase after Flint.

[RLGN]
Members
19,117 posts
35,137 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you have premiums in all four of German CV, BB, DD and cruisers, Lutjens will become incredibly versatile because his special talents favour ALL ship types but the current skill tree doesn't allow optimizing for both surface ships and carriers; something has to give. That changes under the new system, and he can be optimized for all four types.

Thing is, few people will know or be inquisitive/motivated enough to care. Just min/maxers.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,314 posts
35,750 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Halsey's home will be Gearing when I get her.  Otherwise, he will captain Ohio, GA, Mass, Mass B, AK, PR which are some of my most played ships of late.

Lutjens will be home in GK, and also captain Pommern, Tirp and Tirp B, Odin, Scharn and Scharn B, and Z39.  Don't have any premium KM cruisers yet.  Deciding on either P Eugen or the Atago to get this week with my expiring coupon.

I go after named commanders, so I still have Yamamoto, 4 x Ovechkins, 2 x Does, 2 x vJutland, Kuznetsov, 2 x Zamensky, 2 x Dunkirk, Cunningham, 2 x Honore, Aubouyneau and Sansonetti to grind up.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
16 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Deciding on either P Eugen or the Atago to get this week with my expiring coupon.

Have you considered the Mainz?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,623 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yep, Lutjens entered my port a couple of months ago just in anticipation of the new skills rework.

7 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

People are getting very animated about the new cap skill. I was just wondering how much elite XP people have saved up. I have a little over 4 million. I am not too worried about the extra level. Yall?

I've got 1.9 million but will burn several hundred thousand of that retraining some captains to specific tech tree ships before the skills rework takes away the ability to use EXCP for retraining.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,089 posts
20,381 battles
19 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Just cranked over 50mil earlier this morning.

50 mil.jpg

Thanks Eggs.

You're why WG is dong this.

(J/K wargamming is doing this because they always want/need a pay/play grind in the game).

Edit:  about 2.8.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[A-D-F]
Members
1,405 posts
14,379 battles
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Just cranked over 50mil earlier this morning.

50 mil.jpg

most impressive. 

Now we know how to kill that which has no life.

EXCP_DRAIN.jpg

southparkworldofwarcraft-how-do-you-kill-that-which-has-no-life.html

Edited by Curly__san

[F11]
Members
336 posts
6,779 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

I've got 1.9 million but will burn several hundred thousand of that retraining some captains to specific tech tree ships before the skills rework takes away the ability to use EXCP for retraining.

I haven't seen anything that says they will do this.  They're cutting the retraining costs in half and removing the option to complete half the retraining for 200k credits, but pretty sure you'll still be able to use ECXP to retrain captains.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,945 posts
19,335 battles

How can you dismiss a current unused 10 pointer and apply those skill points to a 19 pointer you want to get to 21 ? And how many 10 pointers would you need to dismiss to do that I wonder.

Edited by Ericson38

[WOLFG]
Members
17,089 posts
20,381 battles
6 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

How can you dismiss a current unused 10 pointer and apply those skill points to a 19 pointer you want to get to 21 ?

You can't right now.

After the rework (remember work in progress), you can convert unused captains (their points) to ECXP.

At the rate of 25 percent of the captain's points for a certain amount of credits per point OR

At the rate of 50 percent of the captain's points for a certain amount of doubloons per point (I don't remember the exact credit/doubloons rate of exchange).

Edit:  I used points, but you get the elite commander XP equivalent of the points.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[PVE]
Members
1,197 posts
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You can't right now.

After the rework (remember work in progress), you can convert unused captains (their points) to ECXP.

At the rate of 25 percent of the captain's points for a certain amount of credits per point OR

At the rate of 50 percent of the captain's points for a certain amount of doubloons per point (I don't remember the exact credit/doubloons rate of exchange).

Edit:  I used points, but you get the elite commander XP equivalent of the points.

Alright...   It begs the question:  Why would someone want to get rid of a senior commander?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,623 battles
35 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

I haven't seen anything that says they will do this.  They're cutting the retraining costs in half and removing the option to complete half the retraining for 200k credits, but pretty sure you'll still be able to use ECXP to retrain captains.

I see I wasn't very clear, there. I want to use 200k plus ECXP to retrain before they make me retrain using only (and more) ECXP. I save some ECXP retraining before the skills rework.

Thanks for pointing that out.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,623 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Alright...   It begs the question:  Why would someone want to get rid of a senior commander?

I don't think it was meant to get rid of a senior commander but to help you find some value in a number of 10 pointers, etc., that you may not need and be willing to part with.