Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RunNGunner

XMAS PLEDGE

39 comments in this topic

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts

Warships people: I pledge to spend $200 on Xmas crates if you give up your fraudulent representation of what the consumer is to receive for the purchase of said crates.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,582 battles

instead of making a HUGE pledge and unable to commit to it; split it half and send my way; in crates; I will open them; I will tell you if "fraudulent representation of what the consumer is to receive" or NOT

:Smile_trollface:

Aside from the fun fact and joke; ones need to learn to be happy with what the crates gives, extra ships are bonus.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,582 battles
10 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

software expense

oh, so you are a coder ???

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

oh, so you are a coder ???

Government contractor. I pay people to code. "We're all in this together".

Members
710 posts
2 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

Government contractor. I pay people to code. "We're all in this together".

Then why are you so concerned..  $200?   ffs..  just buy the F'in crates.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,582 battles

I was once coder, your pay rate is higher then mine back then

so, that settled, split it half and send it my way thank you. :Smile_trollface:

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
Just now, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Then why are you so concerned..  $200?   ffs..  just buy the F'in crates.

You don't get to a certain point in life accepting being ripped off. You dig? I have most of the ships I want in the 11 months I've been playing. I'd like to buy some xmas crates but the normal person in me doesn't want to get ripped off. I play mostly dds and cruisers so don't have a hard on for a Missouri. 

• Cool 1

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
4 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

As a coder, you know the hardest part of the job is getting the job. Sales can be a biznatch. Keep the faith, fellow capitalist and job creator. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,582 battles
1 minute ago, RunNGunner said:

Sales can be a biznatch

What make you think the little Obi still hang around here, instead it should go to Misc-Off Topic :Smile_trollface:

I wanted to make sure the sale are done - checked, sign by both side; shake hand and get over and done with

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
21 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

Is $200 a lot of money? Couple hours work in a day of the entire month. No biggie. And I can write it off as a software expense.

You must have a good job. I've never worked at a job that payed a hundred dollars an hour. In fact, I think I was only making about $17 an hour as a college instructor.

Members
710 posts
14 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

You don't get to a certain point in life accepting being ripped off. You dig? I have most of the ships I want in the 11 months I've been playing. I'd like to buy some xmas crates but the normal person in me doesn't want to get ripped off. I play mostly dds and cruisers so don't have a hard on for a Missouri. 

Everything in those X-mas crates are cheaper than the 'regular' price available in the shop.    A good part of whats in those crates isnt available to purchase.   Like Mosaic camos, Spring Sky camos, special ships, ect...

You're getting a good deal on EVERYTHING in those boxes.   Simply because you didnt get what you want doesnt mean its a rip off.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Everything in those X-mas crates are cheaper than the 'regular' price available in the shop.    A good part of whats in those crates isnt available to purchase.   Like Mosaic camos, Spring Sky camos, special ships, ect...

You're getting a good deal on EVERYTHING in those boxes.   Simply because you didnt get what you want doesnt mean its a rip off.

Fair enough. I'll see where it goes this week. All I'm doing is research bureau grinds for the Colbert. Already done the Ohio. Don't need camos or signals beyond the loot in the daily/monthly grinds.

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You must have a good job. I've never worked at a job that payed a hundred dollars an hour. In fact, I think I was only making about $17 an hour as a college instructor.

Really?? Your teach college and you make $17/hour? My wife teaches college and makes $45/hour for soft science, nothing math related. My pay rate goes as high as $225/hour for emergency call work at 4am, with a flat $500 engagement fee. Time for peeps to stay in school, build your network, and grind for what you're worth.

-edit-

ps. where i live, teachers make $110k/year average, work 8 months of the year. guaranteed pension/compensation with very early retirement. you think my job is over compensated? lol

Edited by RunNGunner

[A-I-M]
Members
3,699 posts
23,815 battles
1 hour ago, RunNGunner said:

Warships people: I pledge to spend $200 on Xmas crates if you give up your fraudulent representation of what the consumer is to receive for the purchase of said crates.

What is in crates and how the drops go has been clear to me (and very satisfactory) since they started. The only change was when they stopped duplicate drops and compensation for them. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Thanks 1

[TBW]
Members
10,737 posts
18,455 battles

Enjoy your CVs. I got CVs 2 out of 3 ships. of course I was missing only 10 on the list and 2 of them were CVs.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
4 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

Really?? Your teach college and you make $17/hour? My wife teaches college and makes $45/hour for soft science

I stopped teaching biology about ten years ago. I was an adjunct though. We adjuncts taught one credit short of a full load during the year, which allowed the college to pay us a fifth of what the tenured professors received with no benefits. I actually taught more than a full yearly load because I taught summer school too. There are lots of adjunct professors in America getting messed over by colleges. At $150 a credit hour, which was very cheap tuition even for the time, my college was making $90,000 for a three-hour lecture of 200 students -- they paid me a $1500 dollars to teach it. I really liked teaching but I was probably poorer than my students.

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I stopped teaching biology about ten years ago. I was an adjunct though. We adjuncts taught one credit short of a full load during the year, which allowed the college to pay us a fifth of what the tenured professors received with no benefits. I actually taught more than a full yearly load because I taught summer school too. There are lots of adjunct professors in America getting messed over by colleges. At $150 a credit hour, which was very cheap tuition even for the time, my college was making $90,000 for a three-hour lecture of 200 students -- they paid me a $1500 dollars to teach it. I really liked teaching but I was probably poorer than my students.

Damn, I am sorry to hear that. My wife mentions to me somewhat similar stories of her compensation compared to the highly compensated tenured profs at her institution.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
13 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

Damn, I am sorry to hear that. My wife mentions to me somewhat similar stories of her compensation compared to the highly compensated tenured profs at her institution.

If you want to make a decent living starting out teaching then teach K-12. My youngest niece made about $45,000 in her first year. Of course, she also has to put up with a lot of governmental regulations and hassles form parents too. I don't know if it's the same at other colleges but I could pretty much teach my courses any way I wanted. I'm still a big kid when it comes to a science lab and having free reign in the college's science labs was a hoot, especially during night classes when I and my students were the only ones there.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,320 posts
17,497 battles
2 hours ago, RunNGunner said:

Wait what does WG say you can get in crates that you can not get in crates?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,757 posts
5,404 battles

Ive been careful with prices sometimes buying crates in gold against dollar cash depending on situation. It all comes out one way or another.

I plan on buying more crates however other than steel and coal I don't particularly have a need for any ships. I sold two carriers that came in crates since I don't do carriers. I picked up several ships that were welcome in various ways. One is good for Scenarios. Flags and camo are useful these days as I am using a couple of 19 pointers on ships to build mountians of XP points to generate even more 19 point commanders and fit some of the other DD's with emergency engine last stand  as well. Lose the engine and thats it for you in battle.

I have been happy with crates. The German event was the high point of the year. I picked up pretty much the entire german fleet out of 50 crates premium that time. So that fleet has been a workhorse to get me to where I am in terms of commander xp, points, credits and so on. There is a snowflake event I hear about that might bring in more coal and maybe steel goes the rumor. My clan has filled the coal plant so 10% plus whatever comes in daily is welcome.

Nothing but good thoughts right now. Just waiting for the ranked and clan battles to begin. Did enjoy the Bancv Clan in their combat for the 30K dollars this weekend online. They won one match when they lit up a hidden dd holding up half the fleet with radar and sunk same instantly. I had the same thing happen earlier in random vs a radar ship and 5 opened up on me that pretty much gave them the victory when my fire support got sunk as well. So I am working on tech tree ships for russian petro and US Cruisers with radar etc. It will all come around at some point. No worries.

• Meh 1

Members
37 posts
208 battles
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Nobody gets them for the camos.  You can stick a camo on your ship for a few credits.

Most are pulling the one arm bandit in the hope of getting a cheaper ship and a desirable one at that.  WG know this but put nonsense in to the crates as fillers.  That's why there's a storm of anger.  I know that they've been doing this for some time with shortlists or I do now as it has been stated by others but I didn't know they existed when I bought them for the one and only time a couple of years ago.  Nor would new players and they are the ones that are going to be keen for a "bargain" and most likely to get stiffed by a shortlist.

Let's not kids ourselves about the other items of "value".

My advice is if you want a ship get it in the shop or in the Armory.  Don't bother with gambling boxes.  They're an inherently shady mechanic to tap in to people who should but don't know better.

Edited by Carlos_Mendozariquez

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
12 minutes ago, Carlos_Mendozariquez said:

My advice is if you want a ship get it in the shop or in the Armory.  Don't bother with gambling boxes.  They're an inherently shady mechanic to tap in to people who should but don't know better.

This. I spend my $10/month subscription to keep this decent game in business. I spend other money on known quantities in the Shop/Armory. For those who like to gamble, I thank you in advance but also feel for your disability that is being preyed upon.

Members
3,664 posts
42,372 battles
2 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I wouldn't accept gifts. Remember the rules about gifts to accounts and the penalties applied if the giver didn't actually pay, but you received? WG explains that specifically before accepting the gift before you click on it. 

Even a Sith like myself knows that Old Man.

Sign in to follow this