You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

To Siegfried.. or not to Siegfried?

26 comments in this topic

[-BCO-]
Members
1,265 posts
2,410 battles

To Siegfried.. or not to Siegfried?  That's my question. If the "skill" whatever hits in its current form....... well not much fun will be playing her. I already have the Georgia so Ohio...it doesn't make much sense. Add to that the fact I'm actively avoiding playing T10 . AND more grind and reset. Colbert.....even more seems sunk with those "skills"...So what you think?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,366 posts
22,188 battles
10 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

To Siegfried.. or not to Siegfried?  That's my question. If the "skill" whatever hits in its current form....... well not much fun will be playing her. I already have the Georgia so Ohio...it doesn't make much sense. Add to that the fact I'm actively avoiding playing T10 . AND more grind and reset. Colbert.....even more seems sunk with those "skills"...So what you think?

A battle cruiser soon to loose its long range secondaries making it stand out from AGIR....

Pass.....

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,200 posts
10,557 battles
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

A battle cruiser soon to loose its long range secondaries making it stand out from AGIR....

Pass.....

Siegfried's stand-out characteristic vs Agir is her bigger (380mm vs 305mm) and more accurate (cruiser dispersion vs "battlscruiser"/"supercruiser" dispersion) main battery guns. The secondaries are just a nice bonus.

Now, whether the OP wants to invest in a "supercruiser" ahead of the skill rework given that cruisers are losing access to survivability skills that are important for these ships is another question...

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,265 posts
2,410 battles
8 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Siegfried's stand-out characteristic vs Agir is her bigger (380mm vs 305mm) and more accurate (cruiser dispersion vs "battlscruiser"/"supercruiser" dispersion) main battery guns. The secondaries are just a nice bonus..

Yes you are correct. But.she has only six of those ,with a base reload of 26s.....Without viable secondaries....

8 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Now, whether the OP wants to invest in a "supercruiser" ahead of the skill rework given that cruisers are losing access to survivability skills that are important for these ships is another question...

It was a long(ish) term goal. I resetted twice the RN Cl line. I just got back the Mino so....I have the dice. But the situation has kinda changed  in the mean time, to use an understatement. So I'm on the verge and literally on the fence.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,200 posts
10,557 battles
15 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Yes you are correct. But.she has only six of those ,with a base reload of 26s.....Without viable secondaries....

It was a long(ish) term goal. I resetted twice the RN Cl line. I just got back the Mino so....I have the dice. But the situation has kinda changed  in the mean time, to use an understatement. So I'm on the verge and literally on the fence.

I picked up Siegfried last weekend and do not regret it. I run a standard BB build, with just the secondary flag to boost her secondaries. Good map awareness and her hydro go a long way towards combatting destroyers, and those main guns are one hell of a drug. In my first foray into randoms with her, I double-citadeled an Iowa at max range for over 23k. :cap_wander:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,265 posts
2,410 battles
5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I picked up Siegfried last weekend and do not regret it. I run a standard BB build, with just the secondary flag to boost her seocondaries. Good map awareness and her hydro go a long way towards combatting destroyers, and those main guns are one hell of a drug. In my first foray into randoms with her, I double-citadeled an Iowa at max range for over 23k. :cap_wander:

Hm.Interesting. Thank you for your input.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,366 posts
22,188 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Siegfried's stand-out characteristic vs Agir is her bigger (380mm vs 305mm) and more accurate (cruiser dispersion vs "battlscruiser"/"supercruiser" dispersion) main battery guns. The secondaries are just a nice bonus.

It will not have the secondaries that made her standout nor the survivability skills to utilize those main guns.

Prove me wrong: don't take any captain skills for secondaries or survivability and show me up.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[CRUEL]
Members
497 posts
8,486 battles

In 3v3 sprint it has no equal. In randoms it is good. I have a >60% wr in mine with close to 100 battles so far. Slower reload but still faster than a bb.

Edited by Darmokattenagra

[WOLFC]
Members
2,200 posts
10,557 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It will not have the secondaries that made her standout nor the survivability skills to utilize those main guns.

Prove me wrong: don't take any captain skills for secondaries or survivability and show me up.

But that is still what distinguishes her from Agir correct? I’ve just commented on the current performance of the ship.

As I said, whether the OP wants to invest in a ship that is very likely (i.e. almost certainly) to be affected in very fundamental ways by the upcoming skill rework is something else that he or she has consider for themselves.

Edited by Nevermore135

[ANKER]
Members
1,415 posts
11,446 battles

The lack of FP will be a huge problem for all supercruisers.  They WILL get picked on because of it.... and be every Hindy, Harugumo, Kleber, and Thunderers go target.

I expect Stalingrad to fall from grace in CB if the next season is TX...

They thing I think WG doesn't count on is this probably will not shorten games as the objective of this seems to be.  Supercruiser captains will be more tentative to push out or leave cover which will just make things at T8-T10 more campy than they already are.

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,818 posts
15,410 battles

Siegfried is certainly my 'ship of the year's 2020, lots of fun things to do with her. Great brawls, silly secondary kills, vicious cruiser deletions. 

The captain skill rework may hit the ship either in the secondary build or in survivability but I hope to still enjoy mine in 2021, she is expensive but even if hit a bit is worth it. 

[-BCO-]
Members
1,265 posts
2,410 battles

Thank you all for your inputs. I decided to go with her. So far, fun confirmed :) I will try to have as much as I can with her.:) She is certainly gorgeous.

image.thumb.png.d7db055b7526e44b1fb4c5bf32d8c8df.png

4 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

As I said, whether the OP wants to invest in a ship that is very likely (i.e. almost certainly) to be affected in very fundamental ways by the upcoming skill rework is something else that he or she has consider for themselves.

He :) Bandi is the hungarian nickname for Andrew much in the same way as Ricky for Richard. Andrew - Andras - Bandi.:)

[WOLF5]
Members
1,312 posts
10,151 battles

I was committed to getting this ship after recently getting the Ohio (which is amazing), but with these pending captain skill changes and the probable loss of secondary and survival skills I am now seriously doubting I will get it....which is sad....

[WOLF5]
Members
47 posts
17,832 battles
3 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Thank you all for your inputs. I decided to go with her. So far, fun confirmed :) I will try to have as much as I can with her.:) She is certainly gorgeous.

image.thumb.png.d7db055b7526e44b1fb4c5bf32d8c8df.png

He :) Bandi is the hungarian nickname for Andrew much in the same way as Ricky for Richard. Andrew - Andras - Bandi.:)

And I was thinking Bandi was a Rodeo Clown.

3 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Edited by greenterror2112

Beta Testers
968 posts
4,174 battles
8 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

But that is still what distinguishes her from Agir correct? I’ve just commented on the current performance of the ship.

What distinguishes Siegfried from the other Tier 9 supercruisers is that it uses battleship guns with pinpoint accuracy. That's its main weapon. It can devstrike cruisers at any range and BBs at any range a Bismarck shell can penetrate belt.

[PHD]
Members
1,114 posts
6,083 battles

I'd say you should wait.

If WG really goes forward with this extremely stupid and poorly thought (gameplay wise) out rework, then you shouldn't get the Siegfried. The rework is killing battlecruiser as a whole and doubling so the Siegfried, which not only looses on survivability but also on what makes it unique, the secondaries.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,200 posts
10,557 battles
1 hour ago, BlackAngelCom said:

What distinguishes Siegfried from the other Tier 9 supercruisers is that it uses battleship guns with pinpoint accuracy. That's its main weapon. It can devstrike cruisers at any range and BBs at any range a Bismarck shell can penetrate belt.

Yup. :Smile_sceptic:

12 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Edited by Nevermore135

[UN1]
Members
1,295 posts
4,045 battles

The Siegfried and supercruisers in general will certainly lose some survivability, and for the Siegfried specifically it will lose its secondary output, which is a huge draw for the ship for sure. However, it will gain raw AP damage output, and if you choose to take the skill, an increase in its rate of fire as well. Overall, super cruisers will become considerably more lethal than they are currently. I would not write off the ship based on the upcoming commander skill changes. 

[-BCO-]
Members
1,265 posts
2,410 battles
1 hour ago, Ranari said:

The Siegfried and supercruisers in general will certainly lose some survivability, and for the Siegfried specifically it will lose its secondary output, which is a huge draw for the ship for sure. However, it will gain raw AP damage output, and if you choose to take the skill, an increase in its rate of fire as well. Overall, super cruisers will become considerably more lethal than they are currently. I would not write off the ship based on the upcoming commander skill changes. 

What can I tell so far ( just a few coops to get the hang of her) ......she "likes" to burn. I opted for a sec and maneuverability build and......I wonder what will be her faith after the "update". Well, time will tell... Anyway atm she is fun for sure. 

[UN1]
Members
1,295 posts
4,045 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

What can I tell so far ( just a few coops to get the hang of her) ......she "likes" to burn. I opted for a sec and maneuverability build and......I wonder what will be her faith after the "update". Well, time will tell... Anyway atm she is fun for sure. 

Every ship likes burn. The Siegfried doesn't catch fire anymore than any other ship does. It's just a large warship, and easier to hit relative to, say, a regular cruiser.

If it means anything, there does appear to be a slight reduction in the fire chance across the board with the new commander rework.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,366 posts
22,188 battles
21 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Knowing what I know now.

I would skip Siegfried. 

Agir and Pommern fill the bill.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

If the Skill Rebork goes through, you lose AFT, BFT, and BOS for Siggy.  You lose survival and secondary effectiveness, for the half-baked conditional or buff/nerf skills WG is trying to convince us are better.

Really cuts into the appeal. 

I wouldn't do it at this point. 

[FE-MB]
[FE-MB]
Members
47 posts
5,896 battles

Secondary and survival for Siegfried is fun.

"Brawler" is meh.

I think the Skill Rework will push all the Cruisers to the bottom of the map and turn them into badly finished sniper.