You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Urza3142

WG Employee Flexes Employer Status after being Called Out

27 comments in this topic

[-ND-]
Members
21 posts
2,389 battles

So.. I just had a game with a wargame employee who was playing a DD while I was playing the Ibuki. He nearly teamkills me with friendly torps, forcing me to evade and show broadside to an enemy Missouri at 16kms. After losing almost all of my hp, I called the guy out in chat only to have him flex his WG status on me.

I know WG employees are people, and can have off days or generally be scummy, but since when has "I am always right and can troll people whenever I choose" been a part of the WG employee privileges?

I have attached the replay and screenshots of the in-game chat.

EDIT: After someone helpfully reminded me of the dangers of name shaming and that report tickets exist, I have removed content components which reveal the WG Employee's name. I must say not having an integrated report system makes it a pain to actually report perceived violations.

Edited by Urza3142
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,167 posts
19,116 battles

I think I had a similar interaction with that very same person many months ago, several people on our team thought his behavior inappropriate, more so because of his status he wagged in everyone’s face.  I can’t exactly recall what it was he did, but it elicited comments from an otherwise silent team.

[-ND-]
Members
21 posts
2,389 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Naming and shaming is still naming and shaming. Open a ticket 

You know, I completely forgot about tickets and went straight to the forum. I will fix that now.

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,198 posts
10,553 battles
22 minutes ago, Urza3142 said:

So.. I just had a game with a wargame employee who was playing a DD while I was playing the Ibuki. He nearly teamkills me with friendly torps, forcing me to evade and show broadside to an enemy Missouri at 16kms. After losing almost all of my hp, I called the guy out in chat only to have him flex his WG status on me.

I know WG employees are people, and can have off days or generally be scummy, but since when has "I am always right and can troll people whenever I choose" been a part of the WG employee privileges?

image.thumb.png.19b464641db40b482c2fa7dc5278c26a.png

image.thumb.png.fa8c78f0c6f5793607ee9db11175f62e.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=44b63c92bbf32eae

20201206_180257_PJSC012-Ibuki-1944_40_Okinawa.wowsreplay

Ummm...

":etc_swear: are you doing" "Report this vauq" "Just :etc_swear:ed me over"

I didn't watch the replay to see if there was any other relevant chat. However, you directed profanity at another player, which is technically a violation of chat rules, even if it isn't consistently enforced. You did so not just in the presence of, but towards a WG employee, who effectively has a "direct line" to the people who can sanction you for it.

In contrast, his response was not a violation, it just wasn't particularly nice. He wasn't "flexing" his WG status, he was drawing attention to the fact that you were throwing toxic chat at a WG employee. This is the equivalent of a cop pulling you over and giving you a warning. You should probably just get over it, because he DOES have a point, and the most likely result of your ticket will probably be YOU getting a strike.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 2

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Ummm...

":etc_swear: are you doing" "Report this vauq" "Just :etc_swear:ed me over"

You directed profanity at another player, which is technically a violation of chat rules, even if it isn't consistently enforced. You did so not just in the presence of, but towards a WG employee, who effectively has a "direct line" to the people who can sanction you for it.

In contrast, his response was not a violation, it just wasn't particularly nice. He wasn't "flexing" his WG status, he was drawing attention to the fact that you were throwing toxic chat at a WG employee. You should probably just get over it, because he DOES have a point, and the most likely result of your ticket will probably be YOU getting a strike.

pardon my ignorance, but is Vauq some kind of insult or is something else?

Members
514 posts

There was an incident a couple of years ago where a division of three players dev struck a WG employee in a match and the entire division was banned. The ban was reversed only after the players went on social media about it.

Link attached: [PSA] About being dev struck after dev striking a dev (about NA chat warning) : WorldOfWarships (reddit.com)

Edited by OuijaApologist

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,353 battles

its WG, hes just behaving like the company does now, abusing power, ignoring rules, and just screwing over the playerbase in general, they arent going to do anything to him, i guarantee you

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,353 battles
8 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

he was drawing attention to the fact that you were throwing toxic chat at a WG employee. 

so? just because hes an employee doesnt give him special treatment, hes no better than the rest of us, i dont care if hes an employee or the damn owner of the entire WG company, if someone nearly torps me, im calling them out on it

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLFC]
Members
2,198 posts
10,553 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I'm assuming its a reference towards the tier VII French DD. It's more the rest of the message, which contains technical violations of the chat rules. It's not a smart idea to throw those around in the presence of a WG employee, even if they weren't directed at said employee.

All sending in a ticket will likely do is make the matter worse for the OP, because he technically broke the rules.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
Just now, Nevermore135 said:

I'm assuming its a reference towards the tier VII French DD. It's more the rest of the message, which contains technical violations of the chat rules. It's not a smart idea to throw those around in the presence of a WG employee, even if they weren't directed at said employee.

All sending in a ticket will likely do is make the matter worse for the OP, because he technically broke the rules.

No worries, i genuinly thought Vauq was an insult i didnt know ^^;

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,781 posts
2,653 battles
30 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Naming and shaming is still naming and shaming. Open a ticket 

Opening a ticket doesnt do a damn thing.  All that will happen is an automatic response saying everything is handled by the system and to stop sending in tickets.

@Maredraco care to chime in?

Edited by CaptainKaitoGhost
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,198 posts
10,553 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

so? just because hes an employee doesnt give him special treatment, hes no better than the rest of us, i dont care if hes an employee or the damn owner of the entire WG company, if someone nearly torps me, im calling them out on it

And if that's what happened, calling him out is fine. The second screenshot shows the employee in question referring to "toxic" chat, i.e. how he said it (profanity). This is the equivalent of going 5 miles over the speed limit to pass a cop on the freeway. He might let you go, but he's technically within his rights to pull you over because you are breaking the speed limit (chat rules).

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, warranted or unwarranted,  its just stupid to pick this fight.

[PMWC1]
Members
210 posts
6,886 battles

I can’t see anything he did wrong other than sending torpedos that could hit a teammate which is a bad play but mistakes happen.

You then broke multiple chat rules and then the forum rules by naming him.

Edited by DM31

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,022 posts
12,512 battles
45 minutes ago, Urza3142 said:

im flex his WG status on me.

That's not called flexing its called putting you in your place. People are people wherever you go and there are no human angels. Sometimes, pending on the speed of the torps, the nearest friendly isn't on the computer screen.

12 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

his is the equivalent of going 5 miles over the speed limit to pass a cop on the freeway. He might let you go, but he's technically within his rights to pull you over because you are breaking the speed limit

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/beat-ticket-book/chapter5-1.html

Varies from state to state.

[-KAK-]
Members
608 posts
12,102 battles

I'm not really surprised.

I was in a game a few months ago against at WG employee. I was in Goliath, or one of my other T10ish cruisers. He was in a DD. I was trying to push a flank to put pressure on the red BBs so that my team would have a hope of winning. He took this as me specifically going after him - despite the fact that I hadn't shot him, or even in his general direction. So he decided to taunt me all game, including once I died to one of the BBs. 

I called him on it the taunting, and said that it wasn't really becoming of an employee. He said that my language was against TOS (I have no idea why, I hadn't used any), and I should be more careful if I didn't want to get banned.

The best part was the next game we had a player go into a full f-bomb rage, so it made the entire situation even more laughable.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,198 posts
10,553 battles
25 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

That's not called flexing its called putting you in your place. People are people wherever you go and there are no human angels. Sometimes, pending on the speed of the torps, the nearest friendly isn't on the computer screen.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/beat-ticket-book/chapter5-1.html

Varies from state to state.

Fair enough. Change it to 10 miles or another appropriate number depending on the road and other conditions, the precise details don't matter. The point of my analogy is that it's stupid to break the rules in the presence of someone responsible for enforcing the rules, even if your violations are only "minor."

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,365 posts
22,175 battles
1 hour ago, Urza3142 said:

EDIT: After someone helpfully reminded me of the dangers of name shaming and that report tickets exist, I have removed content components which reveal the WG Employee's name. I must say not having an integrated report system makes it a pain to actually report perceived violations.

You have screen shots and replay.

Submit to customer service.

If it is indeed a WG employee, they're probably going to get fired.

If it is a community member associated with WG, they're going to losses that privilege 

[WORX]
Members
11,966 posts
19,495 battles

Since I can't see the replay and knowing our Brazilian uncle Phil.

image.png.b9abbd9101c3ac1a2e354e8a9617a683.png

He is about as calm and controlled then/as Lorazepam.

As much as I want to believe the OP, their is precedent in the behavior of the defendant to cause doubt.

In other words, dont expect drama from our Brazilian uncle Phil.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DOG]
Members
1,220 posts
12,659 battles
2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Probably Vauquelin.  French DD.

• Funny 1

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles

Years ago, playing WOT: We start having jokes and fun in the chat with the reds, a moderator or WG guy "flexes" the said above, banned us right away. There were no insults, we were just having fun. It was a bad day to him perhaps. Sent ticket and all, guess what, nothing happens. But that shows you the kind of people they give power to. And socially speaking, you do know how mediocre specimen behaves when given the minimum  power over others. Getting constantly chat-banned and GAS about it. Reality will take care of em soon or later.

Cheers. 

Sebastian

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
11 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

You \over-escalated the situation.

Next time complain to the player and give them a chance to apologize.

No, just no. Employees like police officers are held to higher standards. 

Lol, can't believe I just said that.

• Cool 1