You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Maddau

2021 Crate Question (Not About Short List)

15 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Members
327 posts
6,098 battles

Anyone want to read between these lines?

image.thumb.png.1631e6111254910ea62fc9f42a044b7c.png

Source: Santa's Containers: A Time of Gifts! | World of Warships

Could it be that WG is planning to have so many premiums that only T6 - T9 will be offered in crates next year?  It is hard to believe they would only remove the low tier rare ships.  Speculation: perhaps they will do some sort of a low tier Armada of all T2 - T5 Premiums?

Edited by Maddau

[UNHLY]
Wiki Editor
5,547 posts
15,177 battles

What Daystar said, plus this just screams "We want FOMO purchases from everyone" to try and milk the playerbase for even more money, especially with the very low chances of pulling any of those ships.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
13,456 battles

All of those ships have been removed from normal purchase because they are OP, and kind of legendary for it.

Don't know if the Gremyashchy counts anymore, but the rest certainly do.

There's plenty of sub-tier 6 ships on the list that are staying.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,238 posts
4,365 battles

That's to create more demand this year. Also those are some of the oldest ships. I don't think it's about what tiers will be available next year but more giving ships a lifetime in containers to create more impetus to buy them now.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,762 posts
7,321 battles

Pay attention to the wording. WG is saying these ships won't be in Christmas Containers next year, not that they will never become available again. If WG meant the latter then their quote would be something like this

It's important to point out that next year, ships flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IV Imperator Nikolai I, flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887V Gremyashchy, flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887V Fūjin, flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192V Giulio Cesare, and flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887V Kamikaze will not be included in Santa's containers, will be removed from the game permanently and will be unavailable for any means of purchase. Don't miss your chance to get rare Premium ships!

To me this looks like these ships will just be available in a different form, but WG capitalizes on this removal and the vague wording to drive sales up.

Edited by warheart1992

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,928 battles
21 minutes ago, Maddau said:

Anyone want to read between these lines?

image.thumb.png.1631e6111254910ea62fc9f42a044b7c.png

Source: Santa's Containers: A Time of Gifts! | World of Warships

Could it be that WG is planning to have so many premiums that only T6 - T9 will be offered in crates next year?  It is hard to believe they would only remove the low tier rare ships.  Speculation: perhaps they will do some sort of a low tier Armada of all T2 - T5 Premiums?

If it means anything, the normal Thanksgiving Armada bundle containing all these ships was not made available this year either.

Do they plan on making these officially off-limits now, just like Arkansas B and Iwaki A?

Members
406 posts
26 battles
18 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

From what ive seen they really dont care about tiers 5 and below..soooo...

In terms of tier IV and below I think the last ship was Dreadnought back in late 2018.

For tier V we had Exeter, Hill, Yahagi and Viribus Unitis in 2019
VU *might have been planned for tier 4 then uptiered but that might have been me interpreting some speculation as fact.

And we just had Oklahoma in 2020? 
Any I've missed?

It feels like WG are even more so treating tier V as the free gift section.
I do sometimes wish the lower tiers had more attention, it can be fun down there and since the new player matchmaker change it feels less unethical.

We do have Pan-American Tier II cruiser Almirante Abreu - Albany clone with unique horn sound!

[O_O]
Members
7,256 posts
18,511 battles

Yeah, it appears Gremyashchy will elude me forever (because I sure as heck am not dumping any more money in this year's Santa Crates...$21 and done).  I already have the rest of the ships on that list.

I have wanted Gremyashchy since I started playing...pretty strongly, at times.  But, I now have 113 premium ships, which brings my total to 233 ships once tech tree ships are included.  That is a TON of variety.  It takes something pretty unique now to even catch my interest.  I rarely play Tier 5 in Randoms anymore, either, so Gremyashchy has lost her appeal.  I just wouldn't play her, and I know that.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
76 posts
5,200 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Yeah, it appears Gremyashchy will elude me forever (because I sure as heck am not dumping any more money in this year's Santa Crates...$21 and done.  I already have the rest of the ships on that list.

I have wanted Gremyashchy since I started playing...pretty strongly, at times.  But, I now have 113 premium ships, which brings my total to 233 ships once tech tree ships are included.  That is a TON of variety.  It takes something pretty unique now to even catch my interest.  I rarely play Tier 5 in Randoms anymore, either, so Gremyashchy has lost her appeal.  I just wouldn't play her, and I know that.

I dont even think Gremyaschy is worth the chase anyways, I don't understand her appeal.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,610 posts
18,997 battles
1 minute ago, Rhamses05 said:

I don't understand her appeal.

She pretty strong dd, 8km torps. She can citadels cruiser with weak armour even t7. Her concealment is nothing compared to the kam/fujin, but more about guns boat/pen/smoke and set up next trap

At every event eg Corgi/pumkin/private/turkey, I always the first to get kracken in her. I am holding current record.

I don't have the Grem on my main accnt, so this year is most likely the last year ever. Sad to see her go

[DVYJC]
Members
4,651 posts
12,893 battles
4 minutes ago, Rhamses05 said:

I dont even think Gremyaschy is worth the chase anyways, I don't understand her appeal.

I got her last year and also can't really seem to click with her. She is one of the ships that was OP but the power creep since then has made her normal.

[O_O]
Members
7,256 posts
18,511 battles

Gremyashchy was obviously over-powered when stealth-firing in open water was still a mechanic.  But, even with the removal of that mechanic, Gremyashchy is still a very strong destroyer at Tier 5.

[GWG]
Members
7,847 posts
15,123 battles

Of course, WG reserves the right to CHANGE THEIR MINDS....   especially if they need to make a few quick bucks.