You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 4-6 December 2020.

33 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,369 posts
16,264 battles

Obtained Minnesota. Had one or two really fun battles in Kansas before the end. IMHO she is a keeper - and I know that others will very DEFINITELY beg to differ!  

Retrained captains for Minnesota and Tallinn. Had a couple of really nice battles doing that too.

Streamed. Not much of an audience - I wouldn't blame everyone else for having their eyes glued to the official WOWS stream for the Verizon tournament.

Took new Makarov ("Nurnbergski") and Duca d'Aosta into co-op for shakedown cruises.

Started the long climb back to being healthily solvent in credits yet... but this is a very conditional solvency, because even though I have nearly 5 million of the damn things, I still haven't bought any of the upgrade modules for Minnesota, Tallinn or either of my two crate prizes. And I still have Flint coming down the slipway in a few days.

At least with these captains retrained, I can recommence accumulating Elite Commander XP so that I don't have such a tall hill to climb when they finally announce how much 21-pointers are going to cost!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,814 battles

Makarovburg to me.

Went 9/10 on NB this weekend... :Smile-angry:

Hooray for FPS CV mechanics, (which two years on I still hate,) and coming up 9 points short in a Hak NB Co-op game. (Cleared on the second try.)

[_BDA_]
Members
119 posts
3,523 battles

Not much to report this weekend, played a few games in Killer Whale for easy XP but I was mainly focused on Azur Lane which I started playing this weekend.

• Cool 2

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles

Ohhh..Lets see..Obtained the first tier of the Collector Emblems.

Added the Georgia(Bought with coal), which leaves me with one ship i wont be getting before it goes away.

Added the Benham

Added SO MANY tier 8 and below ships i havent even looked at them all yet(mostly the tier 7s.) For clarification, i started this weekend with ~86 ships in my port, im leaving it with 117.

The Sims and Graf Zepplin "B" missions are now complete able, thank you santa crates.

Nearly finished the grind for the Hindenburg, the first tech tree 10 ill own, and the only reason i did that so early was because of wargamings kindness in giving me the Hipper before id even set foot down the line.

EDIT: Finished the grind for Hindenburg, and purchased it. First Tech tree tier 10 i own.

Hindenburg will have a 16 point captain to start with also.

Finished the Sinop grind, and purchased the Sinop.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Finished up my grind through Lyon yesterday and purchased and outfitted Richelieu, and should be acquiring Soyuz today. Even though I'd rather save the ecxp until we know how much 21 point commanders will cost, I'll probably move the 19 point commanders up after the snowflakes start and I can knock those two off. I've got a couple more days left in my grind through Zara, and then it's just another 115k xp to GK to finish my planned Christmas snowflake grinds.

Between the couple triple coal crates I got this weekend and the coal from the directive and my second armory bundle, I've also finished stockpiling enough coal for another coal ship about a week earlier than I expected; now I'm just waiting for the coupon to refresh in two weeks to pick up Pommern for an additional steel flake (sadly I won't have it until after the t9 brawl this weekend). Also spent some time farming fxp for Smaland and RB resets - I currently have enough to get Smaland and the two Harugumo runs for Ohio next month, so I'm just waiting to see what the Hizen directives are before deciding whether I'll get Smaland at the start of 9.12 or the end of 10.0.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

Used a coupon and got Somers.

Outright bought Z-44. (Hoping to be set with new coupon and enough coal for Neustrashimy with patch 0.10.)

Wasted bucks on 8 Mega crates. No ship. (Expect to spend more later,)

I have the RB points to get Paolo Emilio but just not sure, yet. I may jump straight to that Brit cruiser.  Nope. She is for steel. Long time getting there...

Really a ho-hum weekend filled with hope and disappointment...

Edited by Khafni

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu, I had intended to stop in your stream for a visit, but was watching the tournament this weekend for goodies.

Personally, I'm not going anywhere near the new US BBs until WG sees fit to give them some love.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,197 posts
10,553 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Obtained Minnesota. Had one or two really fun battles in Kansas before the end. IMHO she is a keeper - and I know that others will very DEFINITELY beg to differ!  

I also think Kansas is not nearly as bad as people make her out to be. Her biggest flaw is that she is so inflexible, so you need to be very careful with your positioning and play very conservatively.

39 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Added the Benham

Added SO MANY tier 8 and below ships i havent even looked at them all yet(mostly the tier 7s.) For clarification, i started this weekend with ~86 ships in my port, im leaving it with 117.

The Sims and Graf Zepplin "B" missions are now complete able, thank you santa crates.

WHAAALE!!!! :Smile-_tongue:

But seriously, congrats on the rare pull. That’s definitely one ship WG wishes they never released, as she was only available during a single event.

41 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Nearly finished the grind for the Hindenburg, the first tech tree 10 ill own, and the only reason i did that so early was because of wargamings kindness in giving me the Hipper before id even set foot down the line.

She is the only tier X I’ve purchased permanent camo for, and for good reason. She’s the Swiss Army knife of tier X cruisers. All she’s missing is radar.

I picked up Minnesota this weekend and am in the process of retraining one of my extra ten pointers for the ship in Coop (I ground through Kansas while she was still a “special” ship with my 19pt Iowa commander). Also working my way through my tier VII and VIII grinds in preparation for the upcoming snowflake event. Currently focusing on Tallinn (Soviet Hipper is very underrated, IMO), Minsk (grinding toward Kiev in particular), and King George V (...not so excited about Monarch, but we’ll see. I tend to like a lot of “terrible” ships). I’ve also been trying to rebuild my credit stocks  to ensure I can purchase all these new ships after going crazy during the recent upgrade sale. Thankfully, I recently obtained Siegfried and she’s a blast to play.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
6 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I also think Kansas is not nearly as bad as people make her out to be. Her biggest flaw is that she is so inflexible, so you need to be very careful with your positioning and play very conservatively.

WHAAALE!!!! :Smile-_tongue:

But seriously, congrats on the rare pull. That’s definitely one ship WG wishes they never released, as she was only available during a single event.

She is the only tier X I’ve purchased permanent camo for, and for good reason. She’s the Swiss Army knife of tier X cruisers. All she’s missing is radar.

I picked up Minnesota this weekend and am in the process of retraining one of my extra ten pointers for the ship in Coop (I ground through Kansas while she was still a “special” ship with my 19pt Iowa commander). Also working my way through my tier VII and VIII grinds in preparation for the upcoming snowflake event. Currently focusing on Tallinn (Soviet Hipper is very underrated, IMO), Minsk (grinding toward Kiev in particular), and King George V (...not so excited about Monarch, but we’ll see. I tend to like a lot of “terrible” ships). I’ve also been trying to rebuild my credit stocks  to ensure I can purchase all these new ships after going crazy during the recent upgrade sale. Thankfully, I recently obtained Siegfried and she’s a blast to play.

Well..when you find yourself spending Christmas alone..again, for the third year in a row, and you cant even go home to see family..what else am i gonna do with the money i WAS going to use for ticket..[edited] 2020, and [edited] covid ;-;

Im hoping to get a Musashi, but im waiting till my truck gets fixed to see if i will have any spare moneys.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,250 posts
2,399 battles

Hmmm..    Finished.the grind towards the Mino...just no dice. I started the weekend with 10 mill(ish) credits finished with almost 16 so....I'm almost there. Lots of ops, coz I don't (yet) have a great credit earner, here on NA :) Btw managing two accounts is kinda....interesting.

I got 15k coal from a Sc from the Yamamoto campaign, so now I have a realistic chance to get the Thud and Georgia. I'm now 8k away from miss Georgia  with all in ( coupon, steel) she will be first( fun and money making , great combo) then the Thud. I will catch the coupon (re)charging :) If I'm not getting her than.....prob Lazo. I play ops and she will  be a great ship for Narai.

Oh and yes I watched some great games on the Verizon tournament. I mean the second day, coz the first..... oh boy. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Finished re-grinding Nurnberg and Furious, as I head back up those lines again.  Haven't played most of the German cruisers in so long....you forget how fragile the mid-tier ones are.  But like Pensacola, if you can excel in Nurnberg, it will make you a better cruiser player overall.

Other than that, bought some crates that I still haven't opened......between Santa and everything else, currently sitting on 112 unopened crates (including dailies).  Debating whether or not to wait to open them on Christmas day as a present to myself.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,734 battles

Horror show from beginning to end.

The final game of this mess we loaded in with a Minnesota (other team had none) and a Paolo Emilio. The Paolo detonated. How could you run that ship without a detonation signal? An autoloss.

Members
3,887 posts
14,029 battles

Not good. I havent seen a sub 50% WR over a 3-4 day period in probably a year or so. At some point it had to be expected. Working on the USN BBs (done with Kansas, on Minnesota). They be slow, they reload slow; their carry potential is limited due to their inflexibility. That said, they hit like trucks and their AA is probably the best Ive seen in awhile (could just be poor CV players). Had 2 AA expert achievement thingies in them. Even with the losing WR and the slowbotes, Im actually still enjoying, and a having fun in them.

meh.jpg

[RCNW3]
Members
1,947 posts
20,443 battles

Started out Friday buying 20 big crates - going to be my only foray into X-mas crates - have most of the ships and piles of camo and flags, just wanted to see what ship dropped - ended up with an Enterprise as the only ship that dropped - and since I don't play CVs - was wondering if Karma is trying to tell me something.

Had enough coal, so decided to get the Neustrashmy - seems pretty good

Played a few, but got tired of always being bottom tier when playing tier 6 or 7 ships

[PVE]
Members
4,823 posts
21,181 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Retrained captains for Minnesota and Tallinn. Had a couple of really nice battles doing that too.

Streamed. Not much of an audience - I wouldn't blame everyone else for having their eyes glued to the official WOWS stream for the Verizon tournament.

Took new Makarov ("Nurnbergski") and Duca d'Aosta into co-op for shakedown cruises.

Started the long climb back to being healthily solvent in credits yet... but this is a very conditional solvency, because even though I have nearly 5 million of the damn things, I still haven't bought any of the upgrade modules for Minnesota, Tallinn or either of my two crate prizes. And I still have Flint coming down the slipway in a few days.

At least with these captains retrained, I can recommence accumulating Elite Commander XP so that I don't have such a tall hill to climb when they finally announce how much 21-pointers are going to cost!

Let's see....?  Did daily's Fri and Sat.  Finished Naval Battles at 3 AM or so Sat morning (10/10).  Had a ML tournament Saturday most of the day (two firsts...of three events).  Out of town today and just now reading the forum.  Subscribed Friday and tried to watch the Tournament: couldn't get it to work for some reason.  And, I hate subscribing to anything.......and, will now unsubscribe since it didn't work anyway.

I used some gift doubloons to buy the Florida to finish the Santa Eve event and actually, I like that BB and have had some good COOP matches in her (secondary build till the respec and after that, never sail her again other than for snowflakes...).

I have no plans for the future of this game anymore.  I'll stay for the Dockyard; and then, retire from FT play.  Once a day for an hour and no more and read the forums.....   There very little point in doing more than that after the respec that is coming that will eliminate any desire to re-grind ships and CPT's I spent over a year grinding to 19 points..... 

[VORTX]
Members
472 posts
6,844 battles
2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Ohhh..Lets see..Obtained the first tier of the Collector Emblems.

Added the Georgia(Bought with coal), which leaves me with one ship i wont be getting before it goes away.

Added the Benham

Finished the Sinop grind, and purchased the Sinop.

Hindy is fantastic. I’m grinding my way back there after resetting the line. I didn’t think I’d miss it so much ... Sinop is in my opinion the peak of the Soviet line. I’m considering moving my kremlin captain back to it. I just don’t want to drop the dubs 😂

Edited by Pirate_Named_Sue

[WOLFC]
Members
2,197 posts
10,553 battles
2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Well..when you find yourself spending Christmas alone..again, for the third year in a row, and you cant even go home to see family..what else am i gonna do with the money i WAS going to use for ticket..[edited] 2020, and [edited] covid ;-;

Im hoping to get a Musashi, but im waiting till my truck gets fixed to see if i will have any spare moneys.

Oh, I understand 100%. I can’t travel to see family this year either. I was just poking fun at you in a good-natured manner.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
8 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Oh, I understand 100%. I can’t travel to see family this year either. I was just poking fun at you in a good-natured manner.

No worries!! Didnt take offense to it, what a poor representation id be if i did!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
989 posts
21,721 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Got the Minnesota on Wednesday and then said '#^%$#^ it' and FXP'd the Vermont.  Went with the reload option to bring that reload down to 35 seconds.  A few low damage early games and then a string of games over 100k damage (all in coop).  The top one was a 169k damage one.  Not that bad of a ship, other than that top speed of 24.1 kts (with signal).  But with the range of the guns,  you just have to get good with your aim.  And those guns really hurt.  I am betting that the Minnesota is just a slightly improved version of the Kansas, which I didn't think was that bad of a ship either.  I just need to get use to that speed.

Retrained captains for the Montana (Ovechkin), Vermont (Ovechkin), Des Moines (G. Doe), and Worcester (J. Doe) in anticipation of the skills rework.  Sitting at just over 1.4 million CEXP also.  Halsey will be going to the Gearing whenever I get her.  He will also be in charge of all my USN premium ships.

Went 0 for 25 (got my Twitch container today) for ships in the Santa crates.  That's it for me this year.  Maybe next year I will get the shortlist favorite.  Hoping it's the Musashi or Missouri.  :)

Cleared the way to prep for Snowflakes with outfitting my Vermont in new modules.  I have 8 million credits, but need about 28 million total to purchase an IJN line to get snowflakes and reset for the RB bureau.  I got about 2 weeks to do that.

Need to use my dubloon coupon in the next week or so.  Leaning towards the Atago over the P. Eugen or Mainz.  Have enough dubloons left over from my Anniversary purchase to get this done.  That will pretty much do it for ship additions this year.

With the Snowflakes coming up, I should have enough Steel to get my first ship.  Leaning towards the Burger over Stalin since I rarely play competitive.  Will also have enough coal for a ship, but nothing looks enticing right now.

With my reset of an IJN DD line and subsequent grind at the end of the month, I should have enough RPs to get the Ohio.  Probably early January for that.

New ships under consideration:  Ohio and Burger (sometime in the next month), Hizen, Austin (love that SAP), and MAYBE Plymouth.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,369 posts
16,264 battles
16 hours ago, kyesac said:

and then said '#^%$#^ it' and FXP'd the Vermont. 

On the eve of Patch 0.10.1, may you salute the departure of Alaska and Smaland with no regrets about that FXP you spent.

16 hours ago, kyesac said:

I am betting that the Minnesota is just a slightly improved version of the Kansas

After a handful of trips out into co-op, Minnie feels to me like she has more consistent gunnery than Kansas, but that could just be new-ship confirmation bias on my part. I'm so bereft of credits I haven't even put her modules in yet, and I'm tossing up between suffering the reload I'm already familiar with from Kansas/Oklahoma so that I can take APR Mod 2 for slightly better dispersion, or taking the mod that brings her reload down and then MBM2 in slot three to balance it (I feel the range is adequate for the distances I am competent to hit at).

I'm this close (holds fingers a hair's breadth apart) to putting one of my Tier 9 Linkable camos on, but I'm torn between Five Epochs and 2020 Halloween Monster. Alternatively, I can wait to see if I pull the 2020 Tier 9 New Year camo from the Hizen event, then I won't have to agonize over which of my worthy T9's has to miss out.  I'm going to be in her for quite a while, I suspect, and I think she's going to be a keeper. Call me a blind enthusiast if you will, but this line is turning out to be exactly what I expected of it and I do not consider myself displeased with what WG released.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles

Finished  my last tier 10 grind. So 40 tier 10 ships in port! All of tech tree is in port!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
989 posts
21,721 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On the eve of Patch 0.10.1, may you salute the departure of Alaska and Smaland with no regrets about that FXP you spent.

After a handful of trips out into co-op, Minnie feels to me like she has more consistent gunnery than Kansas, but that could just be new-ship confirmation bias on my part. I'm so bereft of credits I haven't even put her modules in yet, and I'm tossing up between suffering the reload I'm already familiar with from Kansas/Oklahoma so that I can take APR Mod 2 for slightly better dispersion, or taking the mod that brings her reload down and then MBM2 in slot three to balance it (I feel the range is adequate for the distances I am competent to hit at).

I'm this close (holds fingers a hair's breadth apart) to putting one of my Tier 9 Linkable camos on, but I'm torn between Five Epochs and 2020 Halloween Monster. Alternatively, I can wait to see if I pull the 2020 Tier 9 New Year camo from the Hizen event, then I won't have to agonize over which of my worthy T9's has to miss out.  I'm going to be in her for quite a while, I suspect, and I think she's going to be a keeper. Call me a blind enthusiast if you will, but this line is turning out to be exactly what I expected of it and I do not consider myself displeased with what WG released.

Have the Alaska and ZERO interest in the Smaland.

I believe that the Minnesota has the same guns as Kansas, but a better sigma.   Has more HP than Kansas.  Otherwise, I believe they are the same the rest of the way.  Not completely sure.

I put my 2 linkable T9s on both IJN T9 DDs.  I will be using those 2 lines to fuel my RB, so I will be playing those 2 ships a lot.  The inferno T9 I got last Halloween is on, what else, the evil empire ship - S. Soyez.

I really don't think this line is that bad.  Look at the game I posted in 'Best matches in Coop' in PVE thread with the Vermont this morning.  267k damage and 2.3 million Pot Dam (finished that task in one battle).  Vermont can hit from afar and can absolutely MAUL when up close.  Seems to be the MO lately from WG tech tree line releases (RN CA, RM CA, USN BB) - start meh and finish gudbote to almost OP.