You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aardvar

Base Detection Range

3 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
Members
129 posts

The proposed battleship skill Marksman references a ship's base detection range.  The term base implies to me the published detection range for the ship as shown in the Wiki.  This is without any modifications for camouflage, the Slot 5 upgrade, or the Concealment commander skill.  The term base is used in that context with other values, such as the base secondary firing range.  Some posters have stated that the Marksman skill will use the modified ship detection range as shown in Port.  I do not find that specifically stated by WG in the FAQ or elsewhere.  Obviously, the use of the modified detection range makes selection of the various Concealment reductions more advantageous.  Less so if there is no application of the reductions to the value used for this commander skill.  While we can all guess about this, has anybody seen a definitive explanation on this term?

[D-DAY]
Members
129 posts

Thank You so very much, Soothing Whale Song EU.  Posters had stated that language but did not identify the source document.  Now I have it and can configure the drafts of my new Commander Skills accordingly.