You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nacho71AR

Excesive Premium Time 180 days prize given

14 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
37 posts
13,176 battles

WG/WoWs NA.... Guys, I love both Black Friday and Xmas boxes... wait for them literally all year. However after been given close to 4 years worth of Premium Account time.... I'd ask if you could please put a limit to it. Maybe instead of another 180 day box I could get a ship or doubloons (no more signals for me please).

Hoping you are all safe and that you have a really great End of Year.

Thank you!

Edited by Nacho71AR

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

The fun part is that In all the drop spreadsheets I have seen, the premium time rewards are the least possible drops, with some being below 1%.

Edited by warheart1992

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,051 posts
32,995 battles

I could see how after you have a ton of time it wouldn't seem very rewarding anymore. Especially because who knows if the game will be around or if a player will still be involved with it 4 years from now.

• Cool 2

[F4E]
Members
37 posts
13,176 battles
27 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I sounds like you were excessively lucky.  I would be happy to have your luck. 

excessively being the operating word... I'm grateful for the time... it saved me a bundle in the long run... but maybe it should have a limit

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

The fan part is that In all the drop spreadsheets I have seen, the premium time rewards are the least possible drops, with some being below 1%.

I only got a single premium time drop so far, and I was very glad for that. I don't want any more premium time.

But asking for them to change that is probably no good. Honestly a lot of people do want premium time, and I don't think there's any need to cater to that minority of us who don't want it.

[F4E]
Members
37 posts
13,176 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I only got a single premium time drop so far, and I was very glad for that. I don't want any more premium time.

But asking for them to change that is probably no good. Honestly a lot of people do want premium time, and I don't think there's any need to cater to that minority of us who don't want it.

You misunderstand... I'm looking for a simple IF PREM_DAYS ALREADY>900 THEN GIVE_SOMETHING_ELSE.... just like when it checks if you already have a certain ship so you can get another better ... rarer one

By doing so other players could get those 180 days... those that still haven't gotten one.

Btw I got most of mine the last two years... I didn't get 4 yrs in a row like right just now... but I did get a 180 day box when having over 900 days already... does it make more sense now?

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
3 minutes ago, Nacho71AR said:

You misunderstand... I'm looking for a simple IF PREM_DAYS ALREADY>900 THEN GIVE_SOMETHING_ELSE.... just like when it checks if you already have a certain ship so you can get another better ... rarer one

By doing so other players could get those 180 days... those that still haven't gotten one.

Btw I got most of mine the last two years... I didn't get 4 yrs in a row like right just now... but I did get a 180 day box when having over 900 days already... does it make more sense now?

That would be nice, but still catering to the wishes of a small minority of players. I mean, what arbitrary cutoff are you going to pick for premium time? Value is subjective. I put a very low value on camo drops because I have a lot of econ camos. Last year in my first year of Santa crates, I put a much higher value on camo because the camo I got allowed me to accelerate my grinds for an entire year. 

[F4E]
Members
37 posts
13,176 battles
3 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

That would be nice, but still catering to the wishes of a small minority of players. I mean, what arbitrary cutoff are you going to pick for premium time? Value is subjective. I put a very low value on camo drops because I have a lot of econ camos. Last year in my first year of Santa crates, I put a much higher value on camo because the camo I got allowed me to accelerate my grinds for an entire year. 

Why do you get certain prem ships first in the boxes? WG set an arbitrary rule... same can go for prem days... over 3 yrs seems excessive to me and I think most would agree

Edited by Nacho71AR

Members
1,060 posts
4,636 battles

I didn't get any premium time.  But I did receive five 10K FXP from a set of 20 Santa Boxes - in a row!  After number three I was worried some code was messed up, more concerned when number four opened, and considered contacting tech support after number five.  Thankfully (?), number six was a bunch of unneeded camos...

My whole point of Santa boxes was for coal, as I just recently started playing again and needed a bunch to put me into Thunderer range before she was pulled.

[CRF]
Members
1,608 posts
11,373 battles

seems the crates have an unnatural ability to provide people things they don't want or need more often than not :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1