You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MarcusGod7207

Poll on leading causes of TK penalties

Leading causes of TK damage in World of Warships  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How do you end up getting the most TK penalties?

• Accidental Torpedoes?
    • Accidental ramming?
    • Stray main battery shell?

36 comments in this topic

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,927 posts
23,637 battles

Torpedoes and Shells, because my SA was complete [edited] prior to firing.  Sometimes you go into that tunnel, and you won't see jack when you do.:Smile_hiding:  Though, there have been times I've take a shot fully aware of what is going on, that you would think with where you aimed and how close you were, that all would go into target or fall short, but nope.  I've seen that one shell skim JUST over the deck of my target and detonate a ally DD on the other side of target.  "Thanks Mistress, I was thinking that it has been a while since I wore pink for 2 games....:Smile_facepalm:".  I've had it happen to me plenty of times as well (getting hit, not being detonated...yet).  I'll see them take a shot, they clearly aimed low, but that one shell just skims over the target and smacks me.

Haven't rammed an ally to death...yet.  :Smile_unsure:

Prior, most of my TK's came from detonating allies with secondary guns.:Smile_hiding:

Also, should've had a 4th option: A combination of the above. :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,599 posts
23,843 battles

There are deliberate TKs but I wouldn’t vote for them accounting for the most penalties. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

It's down right rare for me to be pink anyway, but it's usually accidental shells, followed closely by torpedoes. I think I've only seen a person go pink by ramming twice since launch.

With shells, It's usually at moderate range, where someone could get into a point blank range knife fight, but isn't quite there yet. Or I figured the friendly was going to be dead before the shells arrive and wasn't. Not involving me, it frequently is someone firing when they have guns masked by a ship they've sailed right next to not paying attention, or just intentionally shooting the player next to them, possibly "in fun" and ending up doing more damage than they though they were going to do.

With torps, it's usually air dropped torps where the target has unexpectedly died before the torps hit. Air dropped torps are usually very slow, and have a long arming distance. When the target ship is killed, it stops immediately, so the torps will miss the target ahead, and potentially hit anything beyond the target instead of crashing into the wreck.

With ship launched torps, basic safety precautions make it down right rare, and it hasn't happened to me in a long while. I sometimes see people firing tops behind friendlies, but usually with other players, it's someone firing into a knife fight.

The twice it was by ramming, (I wasn't part of it, but I got to watch it) was a case of a DD grieving friendly players. The DD comes out of an exchange with minimal hit points,  then swings around to dive in front of a teammate's battleship/cruiser to get finished off. Or simply drives into his side. In both cases that I remember it was one of my guildmates, and he's just got that kind of luck anyway.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
1,063 posts
11,629 battles

My penalties usually came from torps launched from DD or torps launched from CV, with occasional CA launches.  Misjudged distances in close quarters fighting.

[NONE]
Members
4,225 posts
1 hour ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

I am sorry if I leave anything out. Send me feedback to improve my polls.

You forgot bacon. There must always be bacon! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
323 posts
20,402 battles

Im gona go in a different direction with this. I rarely get TK in randoms. But since i started playing more Co-OP because of the 4 cvs ive had more than i ever had. REASON: Many not all run around crazy like chickens whith their heads cut off. Run Run Run fast as you can to get kills. Not paying attention running in front of dds etc etc etc the me me syndrem that game mode sets off.

But having said that torps seem to get me in trouble. 

Members
2,100 posts

i turned pink yesterday for 8 games because the game froze up on me ..screen turned black and couldnt play .. logged back in and tried to play another , thought it was just a glitch ...happened again ....had to run WG CHECK and found out i had to delete something from the game that they missed in the update ...not only did it irritate me but when i got it fixed i came back in and found out i can only play co op .....SO WHY AM I PINK FOR UNSPORTS MAN LIKE CONDUCT? now i have a bad record , a bad title, shunned by the community, people point and laugh...all because WOWS has to blame someone else for there problems and im paying the price for their problem...

get your chit together wows i didnt do anything unsportsman like ..and if this is what you have to tell yourself to make yourself happy i suggest you change your ways and start looking in the mirror...

now i have to play 7 co op games with a pink slip in hand .. 

Edited by arch4random

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

I failed to properly read the question, it has literally been years since my last TK penalty (the last time I was pink was connection issues - and not on my end), though I have of course had minor accidents - I don't really count the minor collisions with teammates just because things happen in some cases, those are usually nothing damage unless thy block you so you get hit by enemy fire. Few months back I did hit a friendly with a shell because I misjudged his speed vs my reload with the trigger down. Last torpedo hit was actually again, a misjudge in timing though with CV planes (my teammate was faster and at a different angle than I thought, so a torp that missed he managed to drive in to - how he did not see anything is beyond me but yes I do share the blame on that one). 

But those instances are few and far between. I usually check where I am before firing guns, and it is only in very specific everything is already sideways situations that I will EVER torp from the second line or further back - even in something like Yoshino. 

Which is part of why I get so insanely ticked off at the constant team damage I take from 'friendly' DD's spamming torps they have no right to if they have anything close to a brain cell or getting killed because in order to not be hit by green torps - I end up in a position the reds blow my ship to hell. Just because you have 12-20 km torps does not mean you have to fire them at 12-20 km. And seriously if you cannot safely use torps under 4 km in range you need to learn aim or not use torpedoes. It's why as much as I enjoyed playing Kitakami way back in alpha/beta testing, and was one of the few not always pink, I don's want to see it in game because there are too many people who make Cap look like he should be a 80% WR damage record holder when it comes to ordnance safety. 

[BUF]
Members
194 posts
12,864 battles
3 hours ago, Tovarich123 said:

You left out the main reason: makarov!!!

I'm sorry Comrade but you are mistaken.  The Yudachi has 15km torps.  Stay out of the deep end because soon everyone on your team is going to be pink.

For the record, after I read about the "rigging" I bought one Mega crate just to see what I would get.... Yudachi.

Have fun everyone.

WhiteCoat

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

For most part my TKs happen because fired torps and didn't see the teammate in line of fire.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,206 posts
7,969 battles

Mine is accidental ramming (usually when scoped or a DD goes in front of my BB) followed by accidental torps in close range fights

Members
402 posts
11,526 battles

I got one by trying to play on a day with crappy internet and a videocard that was dying, so I dc'd too many matches in some period of time.  Otherwise, definitely torps. 

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

Not sure what got into the drinking water this weekend, but I had several matches where I was in a DD in my smoke spamming the red bots and a teammate passed right in front of me (so close I could reach out and touch them) at full speed and got hit by my batteries.  Luckily it wasn't in consecutive matches, so I didn't turn pink, but this is something that almost never happened before.  I mean I have hit allies with guns before but they are usually right next to the enemy and dispersion gets them, but not this weekend.  They went right to the source.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,987 posts
5,224 battles

Obviously torpedoes.  They do the most damage.  You gotta do a lot of friendly shelling and ramming to get pinked.  One torp can do it.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles

Accidental torps, mostly in co-op because the bot I'd fired them at took Bot Torpedo Beats to a level I'd never thought possible.

Last one I did, however, I fired them through my ally's wake, directly ASTERN of his ship as it moved FORWARD. I would have thought that was completely safe, but instead of disengaging from the cap under fire as I thought he was going to do, he did a 180 degree turn to engage more closely... and ran right into the pattern.

Members
410 posts
26 battles

I mean technically I get minor penalties from mutual friendly snuggle rams most often but these barely count as penalties (except for that one guy who failed a 2300 base XP mission by losing exactly 1... ouch)

If I've gone pink it's from torping a bot. Damn XP stealing toasters.

Members
64 posts
1,792 battles

I now realize that most penalties come from the game crashing mid-battle. That is how it is for me anyways. But of the three choices I would say accidental ramming because, I tend to type a lot in battle, and I get easily distracted.

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

If you're talking about actually being pink then torpedoes... But a TK penalty is as little as some credits and XP shaved off the top of your final score and most of those are from ramming friendlies. 

Members
64 posts
1,792 battles
6 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

If you're talking about actually being pink then torpedoes... But a TK penalty is as little as some credits and XP shaved off the top of your final score and most of those are from ramming friendlies. 

Personally, being pink and TK penalties go both ways. However you interpret it is up to you.