You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

YES YES YES I Have A Makarov YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

25 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles

Its happened, finally what i have waited for all my WOWS gaming life YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I cant believe it I'm so emotional at this moment its hard to put words into a sentence, this is a dream come true.

I went to work today thinking how unlucky I was when I kept hearing about Makarov this  Makarov that and not knowing what was going on only to find out that WG had spammed Makarov's to just about every WOWS player that bought Xmas boxes.

I was feeling dejected as ever since the ships release I had made it my mission to sink any and every Makarov on the enemy team as I felt it was not worthy to sail with such a venerable German tech tree ship such a KMS Nurnberg.

But now I have one myself so now the question arises how do I sink myself and I'm just so elated to be one of the masses of community members who got this ship.

It will truly have a place in my port rusting with its hull accumulating barnacles and and other sea creatures that cling to hulls of ships and be brought out on those rare and exciting occasions like snowflakes season.

Here she is :Smile_smile:

shot-20_12.06_21_43.48-0949.thumb.jpg.46f669856a1003b77667b0d71901e5c1.jpg    

Jonah Hill GIF - Jonah Hill OMG - Discover & Share GIFs

I cant wait set her up in her special section of my Port with all the rest of the VMF ships that I barely play .

I'm truly honoured to be part of the Makarov crowd now. 

My next mission is to get this ship 

Ship_PZSB509_Izumo_Bajie.png

Yes the Pan Asia Izumo, Bajie  since I FREE XP past the IJN version of the ship to save me the torment of grinding her.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles

As someone who has a long played this game and has dedicated much if not most of that time to refining just how well I can either sink myself or get others to sink me I can tell you unequivocally that you are in for a treat. Just sail around broadside to the enemy team at full speed in this bad boy and you will no doubt leave the match as early as you like and likely tie some records for fastest time to lose all your HP in a ship.

• Haha 2

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles
3 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

As someone who has a long played this game and has dedicated much if not most of that time to refining just how well I can either sink myself or get others to sink me I can tell you unequivocally that you are in for a treat. Just sail around broadside to the enemy team at full speed in this bad boy and you will no doubt leave the match as early as you like and likely tie some records for fastest time to lose all your HP in a ship.

As always Bama your knowledge and wisdom of words is always welcome, I shall do my best when I bring her out on those joyous snowflake occasions and do my utmost best to be the first back to port. :Smile_honoring: 

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles
7 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

826 unopened containers? rough!

I'm working on 999 containers word has it once you reach that magical number it crashes either the game or just my port, so I'm putting it to the test.

cheers  

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles
6 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Wish I got a Makarov......

Fear not fellow WOWS community gamer your time will come, there is a Makarov with your name on it, and once you get it you too will be humbled with pride and joyfulness.   

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,263 posts
16,601 battles

i will hack into tm69au account and open all un-open crates

evil laugh

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF9]
Members
991 posts
21,779 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Fear not fellow WOWS community gamer your time will come, there is a Makarov with your name on it, and once you get it you too will be humbled with pride and joyfulness.   

Thank RNGeezus.  When that happens my Gorizia will have a partner.

• Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,312 posts
10,175 battles

I actually like my (old) Makarov. I cannot recall exactly but I think I got it as part of some grind in 2017 or maybe got it for $4.99 or something like that as a "Special Deal" in the Premium Shop. As a humble PVE player it seems to be a fun ship to play from time to time. When I do play it others sometimes ask what ship that is and that they not previously seen one. Those days are obviously over.....

Edited by DJC_499
  • Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,295 posts
4,045 battles

At the very least, it's a pretty decent ship.  It is a Nurnberg, yes, but it's got slightly better detection range and much, much better AA.  

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,438 posts
16,296 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Yes the Pan Asia Izumo, Bajie  since I FREE XP past the IJN version of the ship to save me the torment of grinding her.

You wasted your FXP. The original might have been dysenteric chihuahua effluent, but 2020-vintage Izumo is a solid ship that I had a lot of fun playing, in both co-op AND Randoms.

[FRR]
Members
823 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You wasted your FXP. The original might have been dysenteric chihuahua effluent, but 2020-vintage Izumo is a solid ship that I had a lot of fun playing, in both co-op AND Randoms.

Just because you enjoyed playing the Izumo does not mean the player wasted his FXP. And who are you to judge how people use their resources? 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles
10 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

@tm63au

Luv ya,  make me chuckle:Smile_teethhappy:+1

CauZBhn.gif.08ff3c1eb38cf46db2dc786a1b5d0b94.gif

Thank you, your to kind,    :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Miss America Pageant Host, to contestant: “What is your greatest wish?”

Contestant: “WoWs Admiral Makarov!”

Never a truer sentence written, uplifting words of wisdom and hope for up and coming pageant contestants or those who dream the dream of one day sailing that great ship on a pixel screen. 

You are truly a community member that knows the power of words I salute you  :Smile_honoring:

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,097 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have heard that but as a player that tends to need to make tactical withdrawals from time to time no aft turrets tend to be a disadvantage in such a ship. 

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
53 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I have heard that but as a player that tends to need to make tactical withdrawals from time to time no aft turrets tend to be a disadvantage in such a ship. 

The Lenin has been an interesting experience so far..at least ill know how to play the Izumo since its very similar, but not being able to shoot while withdrawing is a pain. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,211 posts
10,558 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I second this. Izumo is in a pretty good place at the moment.

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Its happened, finally what i have waited for all my WOWS gaming life YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I cant believe it I'm so emotional at this moment its hard to put words into a sentence, this is a dream come true.

I went to work today thinking how unlucky I was when I kept hearing about Makarov this  Makarov that and not knowing what was going on only to find out that WG had spammed Makarov's to just about every WOWS player that bought Xmas boxes.

I was feeling dejected as ever since the ships release I had made it my mission to sink any and every Makarov on the enemy team as I felt it was not worthy to sail with such a venerable German tech tree ship such a KMS Nurnberg.

But now I have one myself so now the question arises how do I sink myself and I'm just so elated to be one of the masses of community members who got this ship.

It will truly have a place in my port rusting with its hull accumulating barnacles and and other sea creatures that cling to hulls of ships and be brought out on those rare and exciting occasions like snowflakes season.

Here she is :Smile_smile:

shot-20_12.06_21_43.48-0949.thumb.jpg.46f669856a1003b77667b0d71901e5c1.jpg    

Jonah Hill GIF - Jonah Hill OMG - Discover & Share GIFs

I cant wait set her up in her special section of my Port with all the rest of the VMF ships that I barely play .

I'm truly honoured to be part of the Makarov crowd now. 

My next mission is to get this ship 

Ship_PZSB509_Izumo_Bajie.png

May the Holy Blackburn Blackburn bless you with enough Irn Bru to float the Kamchatka!

Do you see torpedo boats??? :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
22,438 posts
16,296 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

First rule of all-forward battleships is that thou shalt not offer thy direct aft to the enemy, for it is a juicy target that offers a direct shot through the rear citadel bulkhead with absolutely none of the protection from overmatch angles that the bow can offer against some opponents.

Angling a bit to take it on the belt is vital, and you can usually get at least two turrets to bear in those situations.