Sign in to follow this  
tm63au

Amazing Stories From WOWS

23 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,108 battles

Our amazing story takes place on the 4th of Dec when a WOWS player took out a USN BB into Coop battle and had a amazing discovery.

The ship in question USS Kansas, when the battle began and the player push the full speed button for ship and it reached its full speed limit, to the surprise and amazement of the player the USS Kansas passed the 20 knot speed mark !!!!!!!!!!! 

AMAZING that a USN BB went over 20 knots.

Other amazing stories of people liking the 40 second reload time for USS Oklahoma !!!! Amazzing stories 

Well that is about it for this weeks episode.

Stay tuned for more upcoming Amazing Stories , in the coming weeks we have a story is about the WG DEV who tries to tell the WOWS community with a STRAIGHT FACE the the Russian Battleship VMF Slava is underpowered and needs a massive BUFF. 

So keep your eye the screen for that AMAZING STORY.

Amazing Stories Dylan OBrien GIF - AmazingStories DylanOBrien Sam -  Discover & Share GIFs 

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles

I'm used to the slow speeds of USN Standards.  (Distinguish from the USN fast BBs, please.)  So no biggie.

I was a bit surprised that the 40 sec. reload isn't so terrible in practice. 

Members
207 posts
5,511 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I'm used to the slow speeds of USN Standards.  (Distinguish from the USN fast BBs, please.)  So no biggie.

I was a bit surprised that the 40 sec. reload isn't so terrible in practice. 

iDuckman, how is it you have almost 10,000 more posts then battles?!?  Asking for a friend.

• Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,736 posts
11 minutes ago, Girlz_Day said:

iDuckman, how is it you have almost 10,000 more posts then battles?!?  Asking for a friend.

I'd say that it's because he's active on the forums. I believe that he also researches ships and game mechanics and edits Wiki pages. Some people enjoy the forum more than they do the game. I know that without a forum I'd probably not be paying the game near as much, if at all. The interaction of both game and forum leads to a more full gaming experience.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[ICEY]
Members
190 posts
5,326 battles

The captain now realizes why the Kansas was faster than Colorado.

The shells were nerfed with less pen to make the overall magazine lighter.

[WPORT]
Members
7,250 posts
12,265 battles

34 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Our amazing story takes place on the 4th of Dec when a WOWS player took out a USN BB into Coop battle and had a amazing discovery.

The ship in question USS Kansas, when the battle began and the player push the full speed button for ship and it reached its full speed limit, to the surprise and amazement of the player the USS Kansas passed the 20 knot speed mark !!!!!!!!!!! 

Other amazing stories of people liking the 40 second reload time for USS Oklahoma !!!! Amazzing stories 

Well that is about it for this weeks episode.

Stay tuned for more upcoming Amazing Stories , in the coming weeks we have a story is about the WG DEV who tries to tell the WOWS community with a STRAIGHT FACE the the Russian Battleship VMF Slava is underpowered and needs a massive BUFF. 

So keep your eye the screen for that AMAZING STORY.

Amazing Stories Dylan OBrien GIF - AmazingStories DylanOBrien Sam -  Discover & Share GIFs 

Well done, @tm63au:-)

For other "amazing stories", I also suggest this topic, created by @Ensign_Cthulhu.  :-)
Several people have contributed to make it interesting & entertaining in a variety of ways.

As for the Oklahoma, I like her 8.3 km secondary battery range.  :-)

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,108 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well done, @tm63au:-)

For other "amazing stories", I also suggest this topic, created by @Ensign_Cthulhu.  :-)
Several people have contributed to make it interesting & entertaining in a variety of ways.

As for the Oklahoma, I like her 8.3 km secondary battery range.  :-)

Thanks and I will check it out I'm almost finished work and will sit back and read the ensigns post

cheers

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
32 minutes ago, Girlz_Day said:

I have, at last count, seven accounts.  But Snagfargle has the right of it, girlie.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
3 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

Does the Makarov have any of these "amazing" abilities?!?

It knows how to explode and I will immediately get a supercontainer with 100 detonation flags.

It's almost like WG wants me to play it, but don't explode in it.

[WPORT]
Members
7,250 posts
12,265 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:

Thanks and I will check it out I'm almost finished work and will sit back and read the ensigns post

cheers

:cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles
10 hours ago, tm63au said:

I finished the Kansas grind last night. I typed in battle chat that now that the grind was almost over, I was actually starting to really enjoy the ship.

Someone else replied "Ew yuck" :Smile_veryhappy:

• Haha 1

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,108 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I finished the Kansas grind last night. I typed in battle chat that now that the grind was almost over, I was actually starting to really enjoy the ship.

I play it in Coop not a lot but just for some thing different i will say its AA is not half bad but of course that's against BOT CV's the real test is when and if I play it in random but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

cheers 

[TFFOX]
Members
986 posts
2,207 battles
On 12/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, tm63au said:

cheers

didja read it? for me it wins "best thread of the year" award :)

[WOLF7]
Members
586 posts
On 12/6/2020 at 6:58 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did anyone else notice that before the latest patch, the Kansas' top speed was 23kts, now it is 22.9kts. "historical speed"...stealth nerf?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,736 posts
14 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Did anyone else notice that before the latest patch, the Kansas' top speed was 23kts, now it is 22.9kts. "historical speed"...stealth nerf?

image.png.4e51536782e1405ea30907706c50b97a.png

24.2 knots with the signal, which you should be running.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF7]
Members
586 posts
Just now, Snargfargle said:

image.png.4e51536782e1405ea30907706c50b97a.png

Yes, it says 23 knots on the wiki also. However (to test my theory), I sailed in a straight line for the entirety of a co-op match that lasted about 8 minutes and never touched the rudder. Never got above 22.9 kts. Stayed pegged at 22.9 I haveth gold eagle camo. Maybe that adds drag? Barnacles and seaweed slowing things down?

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,108 battles
53 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

didja read it? for me it wins "best thread of the year" award :)

working my way through it, quiet enjoyable so far 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,736 posts
2 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

Yes, it says 23 knots on the wiki also. However (to test my theory), I sailed in a straight line for the entirety of a co-op match that lasted about 8 minutes and never touched the rudder. Never got above 22.9 kts. Stayed pegged at 22.9 I haveth gold eagle camo. Maybe that adds drag? Barnacles and seaweed slowing things down?

image.png.530a4585127b7923ca5d81cca856d062.png

No flags. Standard camo.

[WOLF7]
Members
586 posts
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

image.png.530a4585127b7923ca5d81cca856d062.png

No flags. Standard camo.

Maybe the gold eagle camo is slowing me down? I never reached 23.1 in approximately 8 minutes. like I said, never above 22.9 with gold eagle camo.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,736 posts
10 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Maybe the gold eagle camo is slowing me down? I never reached 23.1 in approximately 8 minutes. like I said, never above 22.9 with gold eagle camo.

I wonder if it's the map?

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles

Clearly, various copies of Kansas are not built to the same standard. :Smile_trollface:

Go into the training room, select the Ocean map, flank speed and let 'er rip. If we're going to settle this, let us at least do so under reproducible conditions.

Sign in to follow this