You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

How does Wargaming make this right?

78 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,100 posts
6,069 battles

So in your opinion, how should Wargaming respond to, and make this clear loot box rigging right? 

Me personally, refund people's money and let everyone buy one of the banned boats. 

• Funny 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[KWF]
Members
5,185 posts
6,659 battles

Easiest would be double of what you bought, but this really just dodges the issue. 

At that point a revamp of the whole system with clear cut info, potential chances and at a reduced price would be more honest.

Personally I think nothing will happen, but on the Verizon Tournament supposedly WG  mentioned they would respond on Monday. No idea if it was serious or more of the "hush hush" type to not mar their event.

Edited by warheart1992

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,189 posts
5,616 battles

I must be out of the loop... what is there that needs to be made right? Has everyone not gotten what they paid for?

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
347 posts
8,578 battles

They don't care they have your money and there is nothing you can do about it...

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

I think the main thing that WG has done is taught people a valuable lesson.  The only real question is if they will learn anything from it.  And I suppose that's actually not much of a question.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts
2 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

I think the main thing that WG has done is taught people a valuable lesson.  The only real question is if they will learn anything from it.  And I suppose that's actually not much of a question.

If they haven't learned before this... will they?

Or maybe they have and that's why WG wants to drive away the experienced playerbase.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
17 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

So in your opinion, how should Wargaming respond to, and make this clear loot box rigging right? 

Me personally, refund people's money and let everyone buy one of the banned boats. 

They have done some refunds on boxes ....I think when not opened. 

I think they should explain the short list mechanic in the article. They still do not have to tell us the odds. 

[SIM]
Members
5,583 posts
9,010 battles

Seven days of premium time and an opt in offer for two free big gifts (or five free small gifts, maybe).

These boxes are no more rigged than any other sequence of Santa Crates. The issue this time around is that they failed to disclose the existence of the preferred drop list in the sale materials, and thanks to lockdown we weren’t collectively too busy to notice. 

Wargaming will offer a mea culpa in the omission from the article, and provide a blanket offer of compensation for the confusion. No refunds will be offered, and no itemized recompense will be undertaken. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[USCG]
Members
707 posts
21,921 battles

I picked up all three big box short list ships in my 40 boxes. While I was interested in the Orkan, the other two (Makarov & California) I could care less about. And had I know I was going to “probably” receive them BEFORE receiving other ships on the list I probably would’ve held off. 

I don’t think s full refund in necessary, but some kind of, “Ooops, you caught us...sorry...” refund of some sort would be appropriate. 

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
108 posts
15,684 battles

Don't believe there's anything that needs to be "made right"...

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
Members
6,894 posts
16,526 battles
26 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

It's too early in the day to be smoking crack.

• Funny 3

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,174 posts
5,918 battles
7 minutes ago, echelon5 said:

Don't believe there's anything that needs to be "made right"...

I kind of agree as well. 

It's a gambling box.  The odds and expectations are there.

If you don't get what you want, don't gamble on the box.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,824 battles
12 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

The things that need to happen are all on the customer side.

WG has done nothing blatantly illegal (just highly unethical)...and there really is nothing WG is likely to do that would 'make it right.'

The playerbase needs to stop trusting WG advertising copy and stop buying obvious scams.

Unfortunately, the game is designed for and marketed to those who are vulnerable to this kind of sales practice.

If this continues, then it will be up to the political process to regulate the business to try to prevent harm to the vulnerable...

[SIM]
Members
5,583 posts
9,010 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Replace every Makarov with Graf Zeppelin.

:cap_rambo::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Members
164 posts
5,389 battles

Easy fix with how WG treats the player base...NOT ONE PENNY! 

The only way a company like WG will listen, is if you empty their pockets.  

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,709 posts
24,985 battles
45 minutes ago, JTninja said:

Nah, just announce WeeVee '45 and everything will be fine...

Considering what's been going on with US Battleships ever since Georgia and Ohio, I shudder to think how bad WV'44/'45 would be.

[SIM]
Members
5,583 posts
9,010 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Considering what's been going on with US Battleships ever since Georgia and Ohio, I shudder to think how bad WV'44/'45 would be.

“Introducing West Virginia 45...SECOND RELOAD” :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,709 posts
24,985 battles
3 minutes ago, Desertfox51 said:

If they remove CVs I will accept there apology 

World Peace happening IRL is likelier to happen.

2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

“Introducing West Virginia 45...SECOND RELOAD” :Smile_trollface:

"West Virginia '44 / '45 will be a Secondaries Based BB with range just like Massachusetts.  So you won't need her main battery as much, and as a result, they'll reload in 44 / 45 seconds.  You'll also do her historical 21kts."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[STW-N]
Members
4,178 posts
10,064 battles

They won't.

They will, however, do the following (this is but my best guess):

1. Issue some statement that's likely a mixture of a faux-apology and a defense.
  2. Wait and watch people buy the containers anyways (or other things like premium time and ships), even if they are aware of what's going on.
  3. Some WG apologists will come out of the woodwork on places like reddit and the forums and start making excuses of varying degrees of merit (probably not very high however)
  4. Wait for the outcry to die down either naturally or by throwing out some new outrage (like introducing NTC after the Puerto Rico debacle).
  5. (Very unlikely) issue some half-[censored] compensation like a free container or something.
  6. Rinse and repeat and get away with it every single time.

I never once bought a single Christmas container from WG for the simple fact that I like to know what I'm getting exactly before opening my wallet. And by the time January rolls around, I will likely have finished my WoWs career without having bought a single Christmas container, and I'm absolutely glad for it.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,171 posts
1,449 battles
15 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

:cap_rambo::Smile_trollface:

If it was replaced by Graf Zeppelin from 2 years than I would gladly take :Smile_hiding: 

• Funny 1