You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CptRammingSpeed

266K Coal - not sure what to get

7 comments in this topic

[NGA-C]
Members
70 posts
2,285 battles

Hey Guys,

Sitting on this pile and unsure if there is anything I should snag.

I already have the Thunderer, Pommern and Georgia.

Are any of the ships available right now worth getting or, should I wait for whatever they add next?

Alternatively, I don't have Gunther, Philippe or Andrew Cunningham. Grabbing another captain is always an option too but wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything on ships if I should hold onto it.

[REVY]
Members
8,166 posts
6,118 battles
3 minutes ago, Worthington3rd said:

Hey Guys,

Sitting on this pile and unsure if there is anything I should snag.

I already have the Thunderer, Pommern and Georgia.

Are any of the ships available right now worth getting or, should I wait for whatever they add next?

Alternatively, I don't have Gunther, Philippe or Andrew Cunningham. Grabbing another captain is always an option too but wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything on ships if I should hold onto it.

I got Philippe for Thanksgiving, but I'm under the impression I won't be able to utilize his full potential until the skill rework when I can double him up on the Jean Bart and French DDs.

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Marceau is supposed to be a good ship if you like the French DDs (more or less a pre-nerf Kleber) and the run and gun playstle. I picked up Salem during the anniversary event and while I haven't played it a lot (I've been focusing on other grinds for Christmas snowflakes for the last month and a bit) I do enjoy the DPM focused playstyle on a DM esque platform as a contrast to DM's utility focused job.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,199 posts
12,101 battles

Assuming the online armoury is correct (can't open the game right this second) - it really comes down to what do you play/how do you like to play and personal opinion.

For example - Yoshino is on that list and while a missed opportunity with her 100 mm guns - it's proven a solid ship. Sure it's better at long range - still have managed to in cases charged at enemy ships including some of the smaller gunned upper tier BB's known for close in fighting and win. 

I'll be first to say Duke of York is basically an inferior version of KGV in pretty much every way, but it's still a solid ship that I've managed top of the boards playing against tier 9 recently. 

Hill, Anshan, Red October (yes I know that's not the real name), Salem, Moskva, and more are solid/decent/good or even great in some cases ships in my opinion. 

But that is the opinions of a madman that when playing any type of DD plays as a shadow who reveals himself only when the situation is to my advantage or the damn radar ship lights me, and in a cruiser or battleship will charge the enemy guns blazing even against a superior force because once in a while like Taffy 3 vs Center Force - I actually win that fight. 

But the problem with Wargaming ever since 'Missouri will always be available for Free XP' changed to - 'were pulling it forever and now you have no idea what will actually go or stay or when' - in 3 months they could release a ship that you'd not only enjoy more but is so OP they pull it in 3 months before you build the coal back up. 

[SIM]
Members
5,590 posts
9,015 battles

Yoshino is a damn fine ship. If you're interested at all in super cruisers, she's not to be missed.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,289 battles

You just got a crapload of new ships from your crates, I'd get some captains to go with them.

[BB-57]
[BB-57]
Members
190 posts
18,404 battles

I have the same issue, sitting on more than 3 million.  I've been waiting for a special ship and was disappointed to see (2) DD's.  The optimistic side things this is WG idea to get peeps to dump their coal before they unveil something interesting.  I have the Kleber and Z-52 so no sense in a tier 9 version.