You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CptRammingSpeed

Results after 260 Santa Crates

118 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts
2,567 battles

I posted this in another thread but figured I'd make it's own since it's a good sample size for data.

Santa Crates I opened:

• 13 20-pack Mega crates (260)
  • 4 20-pack Big Crates (80)

Flags, hit 500ish on each flag and 400-600 of each of the holiday camos. I think I got 30-40K Doubloons and 200K+ coal.

Assuming I didn't miss any I got, I believe I hit 57 ships, some pretty good ones in there, lots more bad though too.

United States

• Hill
  • Monaghan
  • Marblehead
  • Boise
  • California
  • Alabama
  • Missouri

French

• Siroco
  • Aigle
  • Le Terrible
  • De Grasse
  • Dunkerque
  • Champagne
  • Jean Bart

IJN

• Musashi
  • Yudachi
  • Katori
  • Yahagi
  • Mutsu
  • Kii
  • Ashitaka

UK

• Gallant
  • Exeter
  • London
  • Cheshire
  • Duke of York
  • Nelson
  • Hood
  • Vanguard
  • Ark Royal

Germans

• T-61
  • Z-39
  • Z-35
  • P.E. Friedrich
  • Scharnhorst
  • E. Loewenhardt

Russia

• Okhotnik
  • Leningrad
  • KrasnyKrym
  • Mikoyan
  • Kirov
  • Molotov
  • Makarov
  • Lazo
  • P. Bagration
  • Ochakov
  • Okt. Revolutsiya
  • Poltava
  • Gremyashchy
  • Nikolai

Italian

• Duca D'Aosta
  • Gorizia
  • Abruzzi
  • Genova

Commonwealth

• Haida

Pan-Asia

• Siliwangi
  • Huanghe
  • Irian

Europe

• Viribus Unitis
Edited by Worthington3rd
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 2

[D-PN]
Members
189 posts
17,199 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

Someone calculate how much this cost😂

Looks like it cost 1000 whales, AKA a "Killa-whale"

• Funny 4

[JADED]
Members
91 posts
1,495 battles

WG should introduce what Youtube has for subscribers for a long time now. Milestone Whales, like the op, should get a Bronze WG Emblem for 1k bucks spent, Silver WG Emblem for 5k bucks spent and Gold WG Emblem for 10k bucks spent. Not like some ingame emblem crap, i talk about a real physical item that they can nail to the wall in their whale home to show off at the next family meeting.

More than 1k bucks wasted on rigged crates that give you some pixels (and not even the really good ones) in a video game. Sorry, but that's nuts.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
1,000 posts
12,371 battles
3 minutes ago, Lethal_Weapon_X said:

Tomorrow will be a hangover, buyers remorse and nothing to really show for it.

Sometimes memories are enough?
Some few players might have the disposable income where they can drop some significant cash and be good with it.
But for the rest, as Alfred told Bruce Wayne in the movie "Dark Knight":  "Know your limits".

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,742 posts
19,919 battles
16 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

$1,166.83 (assuming USD)

Prince of Whales | Know Your Meme

I mean no disrespect at all to the captain who spent the money. Seriously, I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a video game, I really do. But with mortgages, car payments and so forth it would never happen for me. I wholeheartedly support giving players like this a special flag, emblem, whatever to thank them for helping to keep the game's lights on. 

• Cool 7

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
25 minutes ago, Lethal_Weapon_X said:

There are a lot of good ships in there. It’s a lot of money but IMO he got pretty lucky.

[SOBEC]
Members
8 posts
4,039 battles
24 minutes ago, Lethal_Weapon_X said:

Why would it though? I'm speaking as someone who paid about the same cost, though spread out from 2018 to this year.

Assuming it is $1,166 USD as pointed out above, if I'm right, of the 59 ships (I counted the list you gave, I got 59. My math could be bad), it breaks down to this:

One Tier III (Katori) with an average cost of $10 USD 
One Tier IV that cannot be bought (Nikolai)
Fifteen Tier Vs at an average cost of $17 USD ea
Thirteen Tier VIs at an average cost of $27 USD ea
Fifteen Tier VIIs at an average cost of $40 USD ea
Eleven Tier VIIIs at an average cost of $50 USD ea
Three Tier IXs at an average cost of $77.20 USD ea

That's 58 ships that in the store would cost $1,997 USD plus one Tier IV that literally cannot be bought. On top of that the OP got 30-40k doubloons which is another $120 (assuming 30k) plus 200k coal which is enough to nearly get a Tier X ship. Assuming a Tier X could be $100 (hello ARP Yamato), that means the OP got, NOT counting flags or camos, $2,200 worth of stuff for literally half the price. More of an upfront cost, but definitely cheaper than buying every premium not on sale.

On top of that, each ship came with a 10 point captain, which WG usually charges around $5-10 for, so that's another $295-590 worth of value added in. 

That was my justification when I did something similar in 2018. Then I only had to spend $200 last year to finish the collection. This year $96 in big crates got me the 7 ones I wanted to fill the collection. 

Is it a lot to spend on a video game? Absolutely. But not really different than PC pilots who built fancy cockpit setups or miniatures gamers (thinking of my $40k habit) who put a couple thousand dollars into armies. Most hobbies, depending on how down the rabbit hole you go, are going to be expensive.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 5

[-BMV-]
Members
582 posts
21,966 battles
46 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

$1,166.83 (assuming USD)

Catfather.jpg.06ba6edebf1f09eed9754174912630f0.jpg

This is how i picture the Op.

Edited by Sidelock

[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles

Comes to show, its a good event for players who dont have a lot of ships...

OP, its a good haul.. Dont know if you're going to play with all those ships, none the less. Good haul.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,974 posts
9,743 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Comes to show, its a good event for players who dont have a lot of ships...

OP, its a good haul.. Dont know if you're going to play with all those ships, none the less. Good haul.

It's also a good event for whales that own most of the commonly available premiums, since it pushes the odds towards rare and valuable drops. Who it's marginal for are the average players who are more likely to not own everything on the short list. They still have a chance at good value, but Makarov, California, and Orkan aren't exactly the sexiest ships on the drop list.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,200 posts
6,296 battles
37 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It's also a good event for whales that own most of the commonly available premiums, since it pushes the odds towards rare and valuable drops. Who it's marginal for are the average players who are more likely to not own everything on the short list. They still have a chance at good value, but Makarov, California, and Orkan aren't exactly the sexiest ships on the drop list.

I got California and she isn't too bad. 

She reminds me a lot of Arizona in terms of play-style...and that ship is probably my favorite premium :fish_cute_2:.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,928 battles

For that kind of money, the OP could've bought the former Armada bundle, got every ship, and still had half left over.

• Cool 4

[B-Z]
Members
259 posts
25,285 battles
2 hours ago, Tankerace42 said:

.... But not really different than PC pilots who built fancy cockpit setups or miniatures gamers (thinking of my $40k habit) who put a couple thousand dollars into armies. Most hobbies, depending on how down the rabbit hole you go, are going to be expensive.

They can legally sell their setups to recuperate costs.

Members
209 posts
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

For that kind of money, the OP could've bought the former Armada bundle, got every ship, and still had half left over.

Truly.

I'm all for people doing whatever they want with their money, but this is just obscene public ostentation on a grand scale. Reminds me of oligarchs flaunting their yachts in Saint-Tropez harbour.

OP adds nothing to the discussion except public ego-stroking. Oh, well, de gustibus non disputandum est.

Edited by Froggy_McFrogface
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[FORM]
Members
2,462 posts
13,786 battles
5 minutes ago, John_Crace said:

They can legally sell their setups to recuperate costs.

There is no way someone would pay that much for those ships. He got the Mizzu & JB, but other than that, not much of actual value on the real life market.

[TWFT]
Members
1,640 posts
43,059 battles

He's new.  I remember a time that I would have plunked down that much on the game, but now no way!

I predict in the near future that he will look back and say "Crap, I could have bought a bicycle instead".

• Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Members
1,130 posts
3,282 battles
3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

$1,166.83 (assuming USD)

Thanks for keeping the game free for people like me who have never spent a cent👍

• Cool 2