Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

Flambass is taking a....pause from WoWS....

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

471
[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles

As  the title says.....

 

 To be honest....when I saw In the title "+ Announcement" I knew that,..,, it will be something along those lines.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles

He said in a video a week or two ago he was thinking about taking a break from WoWS.

 

I'm not surprised. Hopefully he finds something he enjoys as much as he used to enjoy this game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,354 posts
17,100 battles

So am I. Just doing a few battles a week as appose to two hours a day. 

I feel so much more alive!

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles
9 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Hopefully he finds something he enjoys as much as he used to enjoy this game.

He says that he loves the game. Just...well we all know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,021
[PHD]
Members
1,100 posts
6,083 battles

He made the same point that I made.

 

WG is advertising the GIFT container as having all those ships, which is not true. To better illustrate, imagine that, instead of the SC, you would get doubloons for a duplicate drawn. That way, you would never get another ship other than the ones in the short list because the GIFT containers don't have any other ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,522
[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

As  the title says.....

 

 To be honest....when I saw In the title "+ Announcement" I knew that,..,, it will be something along those lines.

 

He's been thinking about taking a break from WOWS for awhile to do more of other games. Can't say I blame him one bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,717 battles

Works for me. 

Less stressed, better mood. Only bad moment was last week, when I tried to play a few matches for the containers. Ruined everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,032
[WOLFG]
Members
11,158 posts
10,394 battles

Not against the game or him, but good for him.

He appeared miserable in a lot of his videos recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts

Several content creators use the "I'm leaving" strategy to rile up their viewer-base and get more views. One would think that after a couple of times doing this that their followers would catch on. There's a well-known mechanic on YouTube who does this all the time. His latest video is entitled "Thank You for the Years of Support But I Have a Serious Announcement," implying, as he does about every other week, that he's leaving. The "serious announcement" was that he is going to be doing a few free car inspections for some veterans. Flambass makes his living streaming content, if he is "taking a break" from WOWS it means that he has the potential for more viewership elsewhere. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[DRY]
Members
185 posts

I don't think Flambass or Flamuu actually like playing this game very much. It seems to me they're suffering from having made a career of their hobby, and they're now burned out. I think they'll both be happier if they move on. 

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,410
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,308 posts
17 minutes ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

I don't think Flambass or Flamuu actually like playing this game very much. It seems to me they're suffering from having made a career of their hobby, and they're now burned out. I think they'll both be happier if they move on. 

All they ever did was complain about the game anyway.  It's like that's what their viewers tune in to see and hear every day.  I never could watch either of them.

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
559
[TIMT]
Members
1,118 posts
4,481 battles
39 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Several content creators use the "I'm leaving" strategy to rile up their viewer-base and get more views. One would think that after a couple of times doing this that their followers would catch on. There's a well-known mechanic on YouTube who does this all the time. His latest video is entitled "Thank You for the Years of Support But I Have a Serious Announcement," implying, as he does about every other week, that he's leaving. The "serious announcement" was that he is going to be doing a few free car inspections for some veterans. Flambass makes his living streaming content, if he is "taking a break" from WOWS it means that he has the potential for more viewership elsewhere.

You might be right, afterall if you know youtube and the algorithm you know that clickbait to some degree is necessary to get the viewership to make a living. Flambass actually talked on stream and also on Boggzy's podcast about how he tries to expand to other games, mostly because he is not enjoying wows that much anymore. I can't blame him tbh, I can't imagine how quickly I would burn out if I had to play a single game 8 hours a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
10 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

You might be right, afterall if you know youtube and the algorithm you know that clickbait to some degree is necessary to get the viewership to make a living. 

It's amazing how much money some people are making from commenting on games and how fast someone with halfway decent content can literally go from rags to riches, especially if a well-known content creator mentions them. There's a guy that goes by the name of Jacksepticeye. He's was a funny Irish kid who had about a hundred subscribers when I first ran across his channel. Somehow Pewdiepie got wind of him and featured him on his show. Within a week Jack's channel exploded in viewership. Now the guy is a multi-millionaire in his own right with a channel that has 25 million subscribers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,680
[WORX]
Members
11,955 posts
19,486 battles

Clearly, a financial decision. If raging for views dont work, then do the "I am taking a break" or I am going to stop streaming tour.

I wish him well..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904
[ANKER]
Members
1,410 posts
11,439 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Clearly, a financial decision. If raging for views dont work, then do the "I am taking a break" or I am going to stop streaming tour.

I wish him well..

You guys given all the possible unspoken real reasons why could be right....

On the other hand... maybe he's genuinely frustrated with the direction of the game and that is impacting how much fun he is having.... you know.... like he said.

....if that is the case.... he is far from the only one.... especially lately!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,680
[WORX]
Members
11,955 posts
19,486 battles
24 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

You guys given all the possible unspoken real reasons why could be right....

On the other hand... maybe he's genuinely frustrated with the direction of the game and that is impacting how much fun he is having.... you know.... like he said.

....if that is the case.... he is far from the only one.... especially lately!

Na. :cap_old:, Streamers (those listed in my previous post in a different thread) are no Mother Theresa of Calcutta (except for Old man Jingles).

They're partly to blame for the current course of the game. As well as, any action they do... Is centered around money... Their behavior came from past precedent..


Regardless I wish him well and good luck .

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,726
[PVE]
Members
12,886 posts
26,955 battles
6 hours ago, Burnsy said:

All they ever did was complain about the game anyway.  It's like that's what their viewers tune in to see and hear every day.  I never could watch either of them.

THIS ^^^

I used to watch both of their streams but the way Flamu just swears and complains and insults/shames people NON STOP I dropped him real quick. When I 1st started to watch Flambass he actually seemed to enjoy the game and had fun which then translated to a fun stream to watch. Now he is exactly like Flamu minus showing people's stats to shame them in stream. Just non stop swearing and non stop complaints about other players and WG. It gets old listening to that non stop.

These days I pretty much only check out their youtube vids. If they have a game with minimal swearing and salt I will watch it but if the toxic crap starts flowing and they are complaining about everything I just leave.

Both of them should move on to other ventures as it is clear neither enjoys the game (don't care what they say - it is obvious).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Several content creators use the "I'm leaving" strategy to rile up their viewer-base and get more views. One would think that after a couple of times doing this that their followers would catch on. There's a well-known mechanic on YouTube who does this all the time. His latest video is entitled "Thank You for the Years of Support But I Have a Serious Announcement," implying, as he does about every other week, that he's leaving. The "serious announcement" was that he is going to be doing a few free car inspections for some veterans. Flambass makes his living streaming content, if he is "taking a break" from WOWS it means that he has the potential for more viewership elsewhere. 

While some of your of points have some merit, Flambass  didn't struck me as being disingenuous . I would say that many Cc's are genuinely concerned about the direction in which Wg steers the game. They love the game and don't want to be see wasted by bad decision after bad decision. After the Pr event a lot of things has changed in the CC Wg interaction. Wg completely ignores that Cc's have also a sort of responsibility towards their viewers Some Cc's feel that more than others.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

These days I pretty much only check out their youtube vids. If they have a game with minimal swearing and salt I will watch it but if the toxic crap starts flowing and they are complaining about everything I just leave.

That's what I do..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Na. :cap_old:, Streamers (those listed in my previous post in a different thread) are no Mother Theresa of Calcutta (except for Old man Jingles).

They're partly to blame for the current course of the game. As well as, any action they do... Is centered around money... Their behavior came from past precedent..


Regardless I wish him well and good luck .

No.That would be true if Wg would take into account their opinion. Or ANY opinion. But....Wg not really understands the need for that and frankly Wg lacks communication skills almost entirely. Communique's.....are not dialog and even those are quite subpar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,680
[WORX]
Members
11,955 posts
19,486 battles
4 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

No.Yes. That would beSO true if Wg would take  Took into account their opinion. Or ANY opinion since the first RU summit. But....Wg not really understands. the need for that and frankly Wg lacks communication skills almost entirely. Communique's.....are not dialog and even those are quite subpar. 

I posted in a different post in a different thread, how "influencers."  Have been heard by WG.

No one can change the narrative or their past. for advocating harmful changes into the game.

They reap what they have sown.

The good thing  for them, they can walk away and not stream WOWS (or will they continue the crying wolf tactic). That is cool, I wish him well..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,099
[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,309 battles

He hasn't sounded enthusiastic about the game in a while.  Time will tell if he indeed does take a break of any significance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×