Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EraserNZ1

Before you buy santa crates

7 comments in this topic

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,594 battles

Watch this video before ya buy crates to help you decide if its worth it or not for you

Edited by EraserNZ1
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
204 posts
4,341 battles

This video, and the other threads on this topic would not be necessary if WG just published the probabilities of each possible item in the crates. Then we could make informed decisions.

• Cool 5

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
732 posts
6,016 battles

Also, understand that you're gambling and there's no guarantee that you'll find value in what you get from the crates.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,518 posts
18,144 battles

22 'Loot Boxes Are Surprise Mechanics' Memes That Roast EA on Their Illegal  Video Game Practices - Wow Gallery

I haven't bought any Santa Crates this year yet but I have in year's past. I understand that I have very little chance of getting a ship I want, and am usually just happy with the flags etc. However, after reading all of the articles this year and watching the videos I may pass on them completely. 

[-BMV-]
Members
539 posts
19,733 battles

My motivation for pulling the trigger this time was simply to get the 2 only ships that weren't on the Armory/Premium store and had and artificially increased/inflated chance at dropping due to this "Short List" mentioned in Flamu's video, the Reddit post and the numerous Threads on this Forum and those were Makarov and Yuudachi.

Ochakov? Orkan?, Duca?, the rest?. With some exceptions like Missouri or Nikolai, the rest of the ships can be bought from the store and will be cheaper than throwing hundreds at loot boxes for a chance at getting anything. Yeah, the flags, cammo and doubloons have value for some but not for me, I'm happy at getting them, but that's not the reason i got the crates in the first place, so even if they do have an hypothetical equivalent value in real money, they are unimportant to me, therefore i see no value on them. I got what i wanted and stopped (although later i did spent some doubloons i had lying around and got 9 big crates from the armory). Probably not gonna throw more money at these boxes.

My advice for those that are yet to pull the trigger: Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money and/or want either Makarov, Yuudachi, Duca, California, Ochakov, Orkan or Vanguard, don't do it. The crates drop are obviously "suspicious". The first dropped ship been Makarov reported by many players both here and on Reddit shows a pattern on the drop chance rates. You won't get that Musashi or Belfast unless you spent a lot of money, and are lucky enough to get one of the short list ships, and then a Super Container that could (probably won't) have that ship you want. If you want an specific ship, and that ship is in the premium store just buy the damn thing, and if you don't have the money then save some and then buy the ship. But don't waste your time on loot boxes unless you are willing to throw and lose a lot of money on them.

Sign in to follow this