You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

'Tis the holiday season...the players are all pissed off, again!

22 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,909 posts
16,582 battles

Black Friday missions obtained from Black ships...can only be completed by the regular version of that ship.  Hundreds of players feel cheated.

Santa Crates...players either don't get ships or are raging mad over the apparent "short list" fiasco.

Happy Holidays, everyone!  :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 5

[KWF]
Members
5,253 posts
6,659 battles

Wait till Holiday events that might require certain premium ships but don't allow Black versions of said ships to take part :Smile_trollface:.

• Funny 4

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,584 posts
4,223 battles
13 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Black Friday missions obtained from Black ships...can only be completed by the regular version of that ship.  Hundreds of players feel cheated.

Santa Crates...players either don't get ships or are raging mad over the apparent "short list" fiasco.

Black Friday is nothing new, this is I think the third year that has worked exactly the same way. WG actually is doing something nice for people who already own the ships. People just can't read.

Santa Crates, if I read things correctly they've always worked this, though WG only said that the first year. Not sure why this year in particular people got riled up. So yeah, little bit underhanded they didn't state it openly. Then again, it's already gambling so complaining it's rigged is IMO like complaining water is wet. The house always wins. I don't like lootboxes on multiple levels, so I guess I just don't care anymore because I don't do lootboxes.

Part of it also is that people need something to complain about. Notice that despite the complaining huge amounts of people are still buying the crates. Why would WG stop if people still open their wallet? In a week or so people will be back on the captain skills or something, WG will be up a pile of cash, and things will be back to normal.

But remember, we haven't even hit the Dockyard event yet:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,126 posts
6,083 battles
53 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

This is just the beginning. New Dockyard and skills are coming. 

Imagine new players falling for these tricks only to see shills saying something like  "but it was the same in 2016. You should know better "

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
55 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Wish I had the time to be pissed off by a game...:fish_sleep:

I have the time but if a game is pissing me off aka I am getting frustrated I will play something else.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Happy Holidays, everyone!

santa-burning-smaller-gif-v61_orig.gif&k

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,121 posts
11,822 battles
44 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Black Friday is nothing new, this is I think the third year that has worked exactly the same way. WG actually is doing something nice for people who already own the ships. People just can't read.

Yes I bought the Jean Bart B even though I had one already only because I got the missions 25,000 coal and 2500 doubloons made it worth it to me . I really wanted the black version but would have felt stupid buying it again just for the camo . But I'm grinding the special captains so the 25,000 coal was nice and 2500 doubloons took a nice chunk off the price . I also bought the B Alaska I didn't have her I knew the mission was no good but I wanted the black version so I paid for it even though I have 3,600,000 FXP . Point is I got 2 ships I wanted at a discounted price I didn't leave anything to chance . So now I wont be buying any Santa crates but I got the ships I wanted .

Edited by clammboy

[A-I-M]
Members
3,729 posts
23,863 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Big time. 

I view this sale as an opportunity to get stuff at a discount from Premium Shop prices in return for not knowing exactly what I'll get. 

Im then obliged to act like a big boy over what I do get. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
8,093 battles

They’re making a list,

You’re getting it twice,

Going to find out if you got the shortlist,

Santa Crates are coming to town~.

On a more serious note I’ve never bought Santa Crates before. If I did this year while expecting an unaltered drop rate and if it wasn’t explicitly stated that there is a guaranteed drop from a shortlist then I’d be pretty peeved too. None of the ships interest me enough to fork out money and this list turns me off from wanting to purchase a crate if I’m not dropping a mound of cash on them.

Edited by GoldPile

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,358 posts

LOL am i the only one not pissed that i got the JBb in a crate drop  while not having the regular JB ?

Who knows maybe i'll get  get the original in a flake drop.

Still i got a JB  for 22 bucks plus the camos i wanted, i feel robbeD:Smile_trollface: LOL

Edited by bosco1111

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
6 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

LOL am i the only one not pissed that i got the JBb in a crate drop  while not having the regular JB ?

Who knows maybe i'll get  get the original in a flake drop.

Nah..i had quite a few duplicate B ships that i got, happy with all of them, and the other B ships that i got that i didnt have im glad i got too, same with the ships i got so far from the santa crates.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,584 posts
4,223 battles
20 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes I bought the Jean Bart B even though I had one already only because I got the missions 25,000 coal and 2500 doubloons made it worth it to me . I really wanted the black version but would have felt stupid buying it again just for the camo . But I'm grinding the special captains so the 25,000 coal was nice and 2500 doubloons took a nice chunk off the price . I also bought the B Alaska I didn't have her I knew the mission was no good but I wanted the black version so I paid for it even though I have 3,600,000 FXP . Point is I got 2 ships I wanted at a discounted price I didn't leave anything to chance . So now I wont be buying any Santa crates but I got the ships I wanted .

Yup. The Black Friday ships are a great deal actually. Steep discount off the regular price. Picked up a Mass Black last year, that purchase looks even better now. The mission makes it worth even if you have the ship. But a bunch of knuckleheads who didn't bother to read managed to overshadow a good sale.

[DIEBL]
Members
655 posts
8,528 battles

The only winning strategy in getting crates is to buy them one at a time.  When you get Makarov, get pissed and shove it to WG by selling it for credits (so that you can express your disdain), then continue buying one at a time.

Repeat until you feel you got the message across.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Remembers some of your posts about CVs...

Oh, you DO have time...sometimes...

:p

• Funny 1

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts

Pissed off? Moi? Hell no. I'm having a good chuckle.

Learned my lesson last year with Puerto Rico. From here on out it's all lulz.

Happy Holidays from Russia!

Edited by Balon_Greyjoy
  • Funny 2

Members
95 posts
4 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Pissed off? Moi? Hell no. I'm having a good chuckle.

Learned my lesson last year with Puerto Rico. From here on out it's all lulz.

Happy Holidays from Russia!

My wife and I cracked up at this. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
6,019 posts
4,952 battles
12 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Remembers some of your posts about CVs...

Oh, you DO have time...sometimes...

:p

I miss those times when I had time...

Really my biggest gripe with the game right now is I don't have time to play it...

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I miss those times when I had time...

Really my biggest gripe with the game right now is I don't have time to play it...

Can I quote this on the anti-CV discord server and point out you are ok with CVs as implemented?

[SALVO]
Members
6,019 posts
4,952 battles
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Can I quote this on the anti-CV discord server and point out you are ok with CVs as implemented?

hahaha... I'm not OK with CVs as implemented... but I get bored rather quickly about discussing the same topics over and over so... I'm in cool off time from CV issues and kinda forced cool off time from the game, tho I expect to squeeze some matches today (if my daughter let me... new season at Fornite).