Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SoothingWhaleSongEU

Declining gifts

5 comments in this topic

Members
314 posts
25 battles

As a matter of irony about starting a thread about lootbox results, I have been gifted Santa's gifts by two very kind players.

However being based in England I rarely play this account as it mostly exists to allow me to post on this forum and to test the new player experience. Thus I would rather they instead have the opportunity to gift someone else.

My understanding given https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/22500/

Should a recipient decline or not accept a gift within 30 days, the sender's account will be credited for the equivalent value of the gift, in gold or doubloons.

If I decline this gift would they be able to spend the doubloons to purchase *another* container to send it to someone else?
OR is this only possible at the point of sale at the store, not using game currency itself?

Likewise what is the expected turnaround time after a gift is declined?

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles

They get doubloons back, so they can use those to gift a container to someone else (I don't know if the price is equivalent).  I think you can buy containers for doubloons.  You usually can.

I don't know about the turnaround time.

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
374 posts
14,651 battles
5 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

within 30 days

Probably not going to have Santa crates in 30 days

Members
314 posts
25 battles
2 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Perhaps not but I believe that refers to a gift expiring if not collected in 30 days (there is a countdown on them in the account page)

Actually they *were* selling them until the 16th January 2020 because that's when I got mine.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,696 battles
34 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

They should have Santa containers for at least 30 days (if the Dev Blog is accurate.)  The snowflake reward for t-10 ships are Santa gift containers, and you can clear snowflakes into patch 10.0.

Sign in to follow this