Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

40 Megas Got a Rare 1

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts

I guess I will have to break out the single malt and do some clubbing??  :Smile_trollface:

Seriously though.  After reading all the posts this morning I decided to do my own thing.

I play DDs a lot so this was pretty good for me I think. 4 of the 7 ships came from SC's for what that's worth.

Bought 40 Megas and this is what happened.  May do it again for Christmas to me, after I get all the free ones though.   :cap_like:

40  MEGAS

2000 DUBS

30 Basilisks

90 Hydra

25 Spring Sky

90 Wyvern

30 Dragon

25,000 Coal

60 leviathan

20 NY Streamers

120 Winter Strands

25 New Year

40  F Fir Trees

60 Scylla

10 Asian Lanterns.

30 Ouroboros

SHIPS

V MARBLEHEAD L   ( SC )   I had regular Marblehead so MAJOR MEH!

 VI E. LOEWENHARDT  (Don’t play CVs unless missions )

VIII VANGUARD

VI   T-61      (SC)

V   KAMIKAZE  (SC)

VIII  Z- 35  (SC) 

VII  YUDACHI

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[USCG]
Members
710 posts
21,950 battles

You will like, no LOVE the Kami!

I have the Kami & the Kami R, great ships. Now all I need is the Fujin to complete the trifecta. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[B-Z]
Members
162 posts
15,507 battles

To help complete the picture, could you say which ships did you already own when you started. Was is a lot of premium ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles

Nice pull on the Kamikaze. I don't even play DDs and I'd love to get one. That'd probably be my 2nd choice pull after a Missouri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,521
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,748 posts
25,011 battles
1 minute ago, MeglaGnome said:

To help complete the picture, could you say which ships did you already own when you started. Was is a lot of premium ships?

That's a fun thing for me should I try this gambling.  I have a bunch of the ships already, even the fancy ones from the list, so the remainder that I'd "win" are highly undesirable ships.  I didn't get them in the Premium Shop for good reasons.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's a fun thing for me should I try this gambling.  I have a bunch of the ships already, even the fancy ones from the list, so the remainder that I'd "win" are highly undesirable ships.  I didn't get them in the Premium Shop for good reasons.

 

Yeah I've seen a few people pull some interesting ships but of the "short list" ships the only one that interests me at all is the California and I already have it. The others don't. At all. Even if I got all of them I'd feel like I thoroughly wasted money. Especially since I just finished the EXP grind to the Alaska and don't need anymore camos or flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
8 minutes ago, MeglaGnome said:

To help complete the picture, could you say which ships did you already own when you started. Was is a lot of premium ships?

I haven't done the shortlist comparison but I do have almost all of the ones on it ...  I got them last year...

 I do have 67  other Premiums T 5 and up.

3 Specials all T -10. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,263
[TBW]
Members
10,732 posts
18,445 battles

I find myself wondering why people with lots of premiums already would buy the mega gifts when the cheap ones will drop a better ship if you already own all of the ships that you can get from the small gift boxes. I can understand it if you want more gold or premium time etc... but if you are just looking for ship drops that default to a SC for another ship, why not just buy a lot of cheap ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
254 posts
9,568 battles

Fyi, you are obviously free to do as you wish with your own money, but this is exactly why WG does the shady crapthey do with the loot boxes. Because people keep buying. 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,521
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,748 posts
25,011 battles
31 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

 

Yeah I've seen a few people pull some interesting ships but of the "short list" ships the only one that interests me at all is the California and I already have it. The others don't. At all. Even if I got all of them I'd feel like I thoroughly wasted money. Especially since I just finished the EXP grind to the Alaska and don't need anymore camos or flags.

One has to be careful.

 

Let's say someone goes:  "I want California."

Then I'd get her for $39 USD in the Premium Shop right now, guaranteed.  Most especially since Tier VII Premium Ships aren't expensive like High Tier ones are.

 

Compared to: 20 Mega Santa Crates = $74 USD;  No guarantees for Cali unless you literally have everything else in Port right now.

Why gamble with zero promise of getting what you want?

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

One has to be careful.

 

Let's say someone goes:  "I want California."

Then I'd get her for $39 USD in the Premium Shop right now, guaranteed.  Most especially since Tier VII Premium Ships aren't expensive like High Tier ones are.

 

Compared to: 20 Mega Santa Crates = $74 USD;  No guarantees for Cali unless you literally have everything else in Port right now.

Why gamble with zero promise of getting what you want?

 

 

Exactly. The only way the gamble could pay off is I'd you get a ship you want for less than the premium shop price or I'd you land a ship that's not available anymore, which can happen but is unlikely. And there aren't even very many of those that I want.

 

Of course I'd you're after special flags or camos or the raw resources that could pay off too.

 

You can't get steel from these correct? Only coal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[INTEL]
Members
3,363 posts
18,344 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I guess I will have to break out the single malt and do some clubbing??  :Smile_trollface:

 

SHIPS

V MARBLEHEAD L   ( SC )   I had regular Marblehead so MAJOR MEH!

 VI E. LOEWENHARDT  (Don’t play CVs unless missions )

VIII VANGUARD

VI   T-61      (SC)

V   KAMIKAZE  (SC)

VIII  Z- 35  (SC) 

VII  YUDACHI

 

Spend some time in the T-61 as well.  It's such a well-rounded DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I find myself wondering why people with lots of premiums already would buy the mega gifts when the cheap ones will drop a better ship if you 

Really??

SMH... So far I have been LUCKY!

Zero PT ( I have 3 years worth ) 

No more Megas for me !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,263
[TBW]
Members
10,732 posts
18,445 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Really??

SMH... So far I have been LUCKY!

Zero PT ( I have 3 years worth ) 

No more Megas for me !

That's how I understand that it works, I may be wrong but that doesn't happen all that often. I'll let you know after I get back from Walgreens, Granny needs bandages. I am going to buy at least 20 smalls.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Compared to: 20 Mega Santa Crates = $74 USD;  No guarantees for Cali unless you literally have everything else in Port right now.

Why gamble with zero promise of getting what you want?

 

To me crates are a chance for RARE  hard to get Ships.  The stuff that comes along with that are cool too!

Crates are not a problem if you think REALISTICALLY at what they are.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

That's how I understand that it works, I may be wrong but that doesn't happen all that often. I'll let you know after I get back from Walgreens, Granny needs bandages. I am going to buy at least 20 smalls.

Smalls or Regular non Megas? Keep me posted please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,521
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,748 posts
25,011 battles
9 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Spend some time in the T-61 as well.  It's such a well-rounded DD.

I don't know too much about T-61 but I have followed enough Tier VI Ranked Stats to know that is one of the Premium Ships that are big dominators that tier.

 

In Tier VI Ranked, it's all about Fuso and Premium Battleships, and T-61 for DDs.

Cruisers are chum in the water.  I still remember Old Tier VI Cleveland getting blasted by Battleships in Ranked as if she was an Omaha.  Once a DD screen was dealt with in Tier VI Ranked, the Battleships cut loose with nothing holding them back.  RIP Cruisers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,270 posts
39 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I find myself wondering why people with lots of premiums already would buy the mega gifts when the cheap ones will drop a better ship if you already own all of the ships that you can get from the small gift boxes. I can understand it if you want more gold or premium time etc... but if you are just looking for ship drops that default to a SC for another ship, why not just buy a lot of cheap ones.

It's a good point but:

" the chances of ships being dropped from Santa's Big Gift containers are higher than for Santa's Gift containers. Santa's Mega Gift containers have the highest chances of dropping ships. "

So the small crate chance of dropping any ship to begin with might be so small that the math doesn't work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
8 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Spend some time in the T-61 as well.  It's such a well-rounded DD.

I saw that just now on Mouses review..  SO COOL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[WOLFD]
Members
99 posts
7,101 battles

Other than the Marblehead Lima, looks like a pretty nice haul. Especially Kamikaze and T-61. Those are nice go to fun ships when the current line/ship grind gets you down. My wife and I bought about 110 crates between the 2 of us and pulled 16 ships. No real disappointments other than her getting Makarov. Ironically it was one she did not want, and that I was actually hoping for. So many complaint threads from people who were not as lucky, it is nice to see one that is pretty positive. It is gambling after all. It is nice when it works out for people though, and glad you got some decent stuff.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[CAP]
Members
389 posts
16,481 battles

I already had all but 2 ships on the list so 20 mega boxes got me the Flint and Neut which seemed like a great deal compared to spending 450K coal.  Also got some flags and camo.  VIP time is up to 480 days; whee.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,071
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,483 posts
9,751 battles
2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

You will like, no LOVE the Kami!

I have the Kami & the Kami R, great ships. Now all I need is the Fujin to complete the trifecta. 

Good ship, but can be frustrating to play when there are two CVs per side. Which seems to happen in so many games these days at that tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,263
[TBW]
Members
10,732 posts
18,445 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Smalls or Regular non Megas? Keep me posted please.

40 small gift boxes and I got Indomitable on the last box, got 30 days premium a bunch (6 or 7) of 300 doubloons about 17500 coal and a bunch of signals and camos.

image.thumb.png.84ab89d80fa420158d1cf92d4775505f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

40 small gift boxes and I got Indomitable on the last box, got 30 days premium a bunch (6 or 7) of 300 doubloons about 17500 coal and a bunch of signals and camos.

image.thumb.png.84ab89d80fa420158d1cf92d4775505f.png

Smalls have the least chance... My 40 were Megas and I got 7 ships.  Still I may just go with Bigs... we'll see how they average out. THNX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,972
[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
10 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

You will like, no LOVE the Kami!

I have the Kami & the Kami R, great ships. Now all I need is the Fujin to complete the trifecta. 

I get wanting a full set but are they all the same? Or is it all  just Cosmetic changes? Or do the Camos have different bonus'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×