Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

WG - What did you think would happen?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles

When you rig something... it would be better to just tell people, rather than have them find out through investigation, that you have rigged the crates this way.

Here is the thing... *you* knew you rigged the crates.... and it was very easy for Flamu to prove out the nature of the rigging...

So now you have been caught and it looks bad, and as a result .. will crate sales go down?

Why the need to "pull a fast one" on people??... sheesh...  your greed is ruining your product...

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
Members
1,818 posts
27,079 battles
9 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

So now you have been caught and it looks bad, and as a result .. will crate sales go down?

No, they will likely see no appreciable drop in sales. Proof of casinos' winning is in their opulent buildings and generous comps. But the suckers go in, none-the-less.

The IQ of the general customer of WG has been reconfirmed as low with all the -B ship buyers crying about the mission included that they couldn't do. WG knows it's money-flinging base will buy, no matter how they're treated.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
21 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

When you rig something... it would be better to just tell people, rather than have them find out through investigation, that you have rigged the crates this way.

Here is the thing... *you* knew you rigged the crates.... and it was very easy for Flamu to prove out the nature of the rigging...

So now you have been caught and it looks bad, and as a result .. will crate sales go down?

Why the need to "pull a fast one" on people??... sheesh...  your greed is ruining your product...

Except apparently this isn't anything new, they have always done it this way and for some reason people are suddenly getting upset about it as if it's some new "rig".

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/230590-how-wg-chooses-your-santa-gift-ship/?do=findComment&comment=5296497

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,039
[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
Just now, theLaalaa said:

all the -B ship buyers crying about the mission included that they couldn't do.

No, that's just the ones who lacked attention to detail. I've bought all three of Asashio B, Atago B and Kaga B, and I knew damn well before I started that I wouldn't be able to do the missions. 

 

Makarov is, or should be regarded as, a rare drop. She was absent from the shop for an age, brought back briefly this year, then pulled again. People rag on her because she's a Russian-reflagged Nurnberg, a ship they don't like driving because of her fragility. Some of the other high-probability drops are less than stellar, but the real underlying problem with this entire event is that people are going into this with the hope of getting one or more of the ships that have been withdrawn permanently from sale and are getting aft-hurt when they don't get what they want.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
Members
1,818 posts
27,079 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, that's just the ones who lacked attention to detail. I've bought all three of Asashio B, Atago B and Kaga B, and I knew damn well before I started that I wouldn't be able to do the missions. 

Makarov is, or should be regarded as, a rare drop. She was absent from the shop for an age, brought back briefly this year, then pulled again. People rag on her because she's a Russian-reflagged Nurnberg, a ship they don't like driving because of her fragility. Some of the other high-probability drops are less than stellar, but the real underlying problem with this entire event is that people are going into this with the hope of getting one or more of the ships that have been withdrawn permanently from sale and are getting aft-hurt when they don't get what they want.

Yes. Poorly worded. Should have read as: "...all the -B ship buyers that cried about the mission included that they couldn't do." That would have better shown the difference in buyers.

The crying is that so many biases are being confirmed in Maks being dropped first (where one doesn't already have one), coupled with the apparent fact that you do not really have an equal chance of dropping any premium, as the buyer assumes.

Edited by theLaalaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
2,006 battles
17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

What are people crying about now?

From what I've seen people seem surpised and upset that loot boxes in a f2p game are rigged.

 

In other surprising news the sky is blue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,758
[GGWP]
Members
7,204 posts
16,676 battles
26 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Except apparently this isn't anything new, they have always done it this way and for some reason people are suddenly getting upset about it as if it's some new "rig".

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/230590-how-wg-chooses-your-santa-gift-ship/?do=findComment&comment=5296497

 

 

 

The first year of Santa crates everyone was getting ishizuchi. There has always been a short list. For some reason, this year, the short list is not in the article. That's the only difference I have seen this yearm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
3 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

The first year of Santa crates everyone was getting ishizuchi. There has always been a short list. For some reason, this year, the short list is not in the article. That's the only difference I have seen this yearm

I didn't know this until now because I never really did the Christmas crate thing.  The thing is though that some of the "big" streamers are making a HUGE deal about this right now.  As if it's a big change and WG is suddenly screwing with it's player base this year in a new way.

If this is how these crates have always worked, from the beginning, these streamers should probably real in the drama because they are spreading a false message that this is something new and especially "bad".  I don't imagine that the flamu's are going to make a statement about this truth but I also don't think that WG is going to be very happy with them about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,048
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,078 posts
11,783 battles
40 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

What are people crying about now?

The same people are crying about the same old things . Like this is something new its all ways been a crap shoot and not a good one at that .

Edited by clammboy
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,283
[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I didn't know this until now because I never really did the Christmas crate thing.  The thing is though that some of the "big" streamers are making a HUGE deal about this right now.  As if it's a big change and WG is suddenly screwing with it's player base this year in a new way.

If this is how these crates have always worked, from the beginning, these streamers should probably real in the drama because they are spreading a false message that this is something new and especially "bad".  I don't imagine that the flamu's are going to make a statement about this truth but I also don't think that WG is going to be very happy with them about it.

I must have been very naive in thinking that these crates were truly random events.

Rigged to the max as has been proven numerous times in the last 12 hours.

This is a new all time low for WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
890
[REVY]
Members
2,558 posts
13,777 battles
36 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

What are people crying about now?

wrong question.

The real question is 'When are people not crying about something?'

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,378
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
3 minutes ago, Learux said:

I must have been very naive in thinking that these crates were truly random events.

Rigged to the max as has been proven numerous times in the last 12 hours.

This is a new all time low for WG.

Me neither.

That's my point though.  This isn't an "all time low for WG".  It's nothing new, at all.  Yet suddenly "OMGWTFBBQ" over a mechanic that has ALWAYS been there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,283
[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Me neither.

That's my point though.  This isn't an "all time low for WG".  It's nothing new, at all.  Yet suddenly "OMGWTFBBQ" over a mechanic that has ALWAYS been there.

I feel stupid for not reading the fine print for previous crate events.

In my defense, I always bought them with a buddy after more then a few pints.

At least this year I know what not to do since I don't have any of the short list ships.(except Duca)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,192 posts

First crate I bought two years ago for 5 bucks dropped my Tripitz and I called it quits .

Ran outta the room like a scalded [edited] ape. Laughing !!.

So if I grab one crate and a ship drops from it that I do not have, even if it's a Makarov or not will be well received. My harbor is large and any seafaring vessel is welcome. Be it rusty, anemic and misfit alike. There is always a place for them .

Besides it's another snowflake ....Bwhahahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,354 posts
17,013 battles

It's like spending $1k on the slot machines, winning a couple of worthless stuffed animals and crying about it. You knew you were gambling and anyone with an IQ larger than a house fly knows that the casino rigs the machines. They control the odds within the slot machine's software. 

If you gamble you will lose most of the time. End of story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,021
[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles
2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

When you rig something... it would be better to just tell people, rather than have them find out through investigation, that you have rigged the crates this way.

Here is the thing... *you* knew you rigged the crates.... and it was very easy for Flamu to prove out the nature of the rigging...

So now you have been caught and it looks bad, and as a result .. will crate sales go down?

Why the need to "pull a fast one" on people??... sheesh...  your greed is ruining your product...

The people who read  forums or reddit are a tiny minority.

WG won't even notice a hit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[NINE]
Members
36 posts
4,591 battles
2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Why the need to "pull a fast one" on people??... sheesh...  your greed is ruining your product...

It's been ruining the product since day one.

It's only gotten worse as WG has given up on growing it's playerbase and shifted to milking what they have,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
442
[-BCO-]
Members
1,186 posts
2,360 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

What are people crying about now?

Lol. Given your nick......just lol.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
442
[-BCO-]
Members
1,186 posts
2,360 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Makarov is, or should be regarded as, a rare drop. She was absent from the shop for an age, brought back briefly this year, then pulled again. People rag on her because she's a Russian-reflagged Nurnberg, a ship they don't like driving because of her fragility.

Don't badmouth poor Nurnie.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×