You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Flamu's Santa Crate Reality

80 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,265 posts
9,844 battles

Small sample size, but in 24 big crates I pulled two ships: Orkan and Makarov. I already have California.

Now granted for a little over $60 I made my money back with those ships and the extra goodies, but it is concerning that those ships are more or less guaranteed.

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

but it is concerning that those ships are more or less guaranteed.

...and why??  Why do they do these things that are almost guaranteed to create a huge stink... are they that ... naive??

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,265 posts
9,844 battles
5 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

...and why??  Why do they do these things that are almost guaranteed to create a huge stink... are they that ... naive??

Nah. They just know by the time people figure it out they already bought 20+ containers.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,188 posts
6,659 battles
6 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Because the overwhelming majority that doesn't visit forums or watches videos will keep on forking over loads of money without being aware of all this.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
24 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

[ZR]
Beta Testers
341 posts
9,884 battles

I like to think that the reason WG has got more greedy this past is because the CV rework is actually affecting there bottom line. Went from PR, to selling ARP Yama with legendary mod, and now gimped Santa gifts. Better to squeeze what’s left now. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
19 minutes ago, Desertfox51 said:

I like to think that the reason WG has got more greedy this past is because the CV rework is actually affecting there bottom line. Went from PR, to selling ARP Yama with legendary mod, and now gimped Santa gifts. Better to squeeze what’s left now. 

Again, look at the posts I linked.  I just learned this too.  They aren't being "more greedy" with the way the crates work this year.  It's the same as it has always been. 

What they did do, was not list the "short list" this year apparently.

Flamu is drumming up a bunch of drama, probably for views, when the reality is that this has always been the norm for these crates, every year.

• Cool 6
  • Meh 11

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles

My strat has always been to always get all of the low tier prem ships through out the year. They are usually very cheap and not a issue for me. I purposely leave several high tier ships on the table for the Santa crates. This has worked out fairly well for me every year. So for me when I get Santa crates the ships I get are always from super containers because I have all of the high probability ships. I also max out all of the free crates every year and usually do not buy many crates outright unless I am gifted gold. My understanding of how the loot table works as always been what Flamu shows in is video.

I usually recommend if you spend that you spend on sure things and not on crates unless you are very happy with everything in the loot table. If you want to get crates always do it at the end of the event, open all of the free crates before you start buying them. Don't just focus on the ships I have received a lot of prem time from these. 

This year I will drop most of my money on the dockyard event since that is basically the way to buy steel this year. 

End of year event in Wows is always the best sale of the year. Read everything on the event and make a plan on what you are going to take advantage of and stick to your plan. There is a ton of stuff for free so don't sweat it and have fun. You do not "need" to spend anything.

Don't let the loot crates ruin your experience don't be a rat in a Skinner box or a retiree at a slot machine lol.

[Y0L0W]
Members
579 posts
18,792 battles

So I bought 20 Big Gift containers and 20 Mega Crates out of curiosity.

Sure enough....

shot-20.12.04_08.37.55-0569.jpg

shot-20.12.04_08.41.47-0785.jpg

shot-20.12.04_08.42.42-0924.jpg

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
16 minutes ago, Desertfox51 said:

I'm not clear on the greed part.. you are actually inferring that them giving away ships they already have modeled actually costs them anything?  Nonetheless..    I don't have one of those shortlisted ships.. Yaduchi?   I may not play this year because I really am not interested in that ship.. And clearly at this point.. it's not a coincidence. And it would pretty much be assured to be my 1st ship if I even draw one.. which makes chances of getting something I want.. a hell of a lot slimmer.   Not sure what programming genius decided to make it this glaringly obvious.. but whatever..   I'll probably save my dough.            

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
1 minute ago, Bortt said:

So I bought 20 Big Gift containers and 20 Mega Crates out of curiosity.

Sure enough....

shot-20.12.04_08.41.47-0785.jpg

Sad thing about this.. you actually rolled the yaduci from a SC meaning it probably was completely random and another ship you had was in a crate.   That's some monster bone RNG...  

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,824 battles
1 hour ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Its not WG who is naive.

Santa crates have ALWAYS worked like this. Some of us tried to tell you...but you would rather listen to folks like Flamu rather than us.

Now that your eyes have been opened, are you going to continue to believe sources of information (like flamu) that have mislead you in the past?

Do you still think all RNG in this game is actually random?

Perhaps the tinfoil hat brigade isnt quite as crazy as you believed...

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
1,121 posts
9,548 battles

It has been this way for years. I remember a couple of years ago when Monaghan had a crazy high drop rate, while it was the ship worth the least amount of doubloons from that container. That's how I got mine.

It is worth noting that a few years ago WG actually said which ships dropped from which container and the last couple of years they haven't.

Beta Testers
3,280 posts
26,944 battles

heheheheeheheheheehe     Have not yet brought any Santa box's yet . Since I have all those ships WG is offering then I guess I'm safe from being taken for a ride   heheheheheheheeh 

[WKY04]
Members
587 posts
11,678 battles

Can confirm. Bought 20 mega. Got duca, okachev, vanguard, yudachi. Also got gallant, incidentally last. Opened them all at once so don’t know if supercontainer involved. 

Later will amend with screenshot which I posted in another thread.

[WKY04]
Members
587 posts
11,678 battles
11 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

heheheheeheheheheehe     Have not yet brought any Santa box's yet . Since I have all those ships WG is offering then I guess I'm safe from being taken for a ride   heheheheheheheeh 

Yes I think you are in the optimal position to benefit although it sounds like you already took a ride