You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
twaaapilot_1

Help with paint

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
3,751 battles

Help! I am now playing on a PS4 [ since they stopped supporting my MAC ] I have acquired a lot of paint from rated battles however, whenever I try to put on a permanent camo it says I do not have enough camo. [because I  need to melt camo to paint ] I have looked on You tube for help and what I see is Microsoft help showing 2 choices when you get to the camo screen. a '1 touch press to melt X and a "hold X" to use paint. The PS4 screen only shows the "melt to paint" with no option to use the paint I already have. Is this just a PS4 bug? Like I cannot use the "horn" or other selections I had when I ran it on my MAC? Ideas?

Members
609 posts
362 battles
23 hours ago, twaaapilot_1 said:

Help! I am now playing on a PS4 [ since they stopped supporting my MAC ] I have acquired a lot of paint from rated battles however, whenever I try to put on a permanent camo it says I do not have enough camo. [because I  need to melt camo to paint ] I have looked on You tube for help and what I see is Microsoft help showing 2 choices when you get to the camo screen. a '1 touch press to melt X and a "hold X" to use paint. The PS4 screen only shows the "melt to paint" with no option to use the paint I already have. Is this just a PS4 bug? Like I cannot use the "horn" or other selections I had when I ran it on my MAC? Ideas?

Reddit is a good source 

Hopefully this will help you.

Members
3 posts
3,751 battles

Thanks, but I saw that. Sadly as an example it says on one ship that I need to convert 25 type 1 cam to make that camo permanent [equaling 75 paint] I have 333 paint in stock, yet it still says I do not have enough camo. {?}  

WOW screen shot.pdf

Members
256 posts
22,906 battles
1 hour ago, twaaapilot_1 said:

Thanks, but I saw that. Sadly as an example it says on one ship that I need to convert 25 type 1 cam to make that camo permanent [equaling 75 paint] I have 333 paint in stock, yet it still says I do not have enough camo. {?}  

WOW screen shot.pdf

That is something not used in WOWS, so as mentioned above by Slammer, you might need to hunt down someone that plays WOS Legends if the REDDIT post above doesn't help.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,131 posts
4,766 battles
On 12/4/2020 at 9:38 AM, twaaapilot_1 said:

I am now playing on a PS4 [ since they stopped supporting my MAC

Have you considered running the full game on your Mac using GeForce NOW ?

No, it's not a dual-boot or an emulator.

Members
609 posts
362 battles
4 hours ago, twaaapilot_1 said:

WOW screen shot.pdf

Have you tried asking on the official discord?

Members
3 posts
3,751 battles

Thanks to everybody for their response. Now that I am playing on a PS4 with a 65 inch OLED display I don't think I can go back to a 24" monitor for the game. The graphics are so amazing even at this size that I am spoiled. I looked on the official site for answers or a way to ask the question directly but all the links take to me a FAQ page. I will survive,  its just a bit aggravating. Besides, if I just stop using the one time camos I can save up enough to then use the permanent ones and I have gotten several thru the bureau. Again, thanks for all the responses.