Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Not falling for it

17 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
2,161 posts
19,078 battles

New to this year are “ships that won’t be in Santa’s crates after this year, so spend $$$ before they disappear forever...”. I really wanted a Fujin or Kamikaze, and usually ponied up a few bucks for a few crates every year.  But with this crap?  Nope.

• Cool 3

[REKTD]
Members
419 posts
10,345 battles

That’s funny, they have more ships then ever, yet get stingy about giving them away. And with all the “very small ship chances” warnings flying around, I will forego any crates this year. I could care less for flags, have a thousand of each. Pity, I was looking forward to getting a few crates because I remember when I first started they said Santa crates were the best way to get ships, and I got some of my favorites that way. So you wait all year with the idea of getting them, then you see all the disclaimers. 

Santa’s Crates are the new SuperContainers.

Edited by SuperComm4

[WOLFC]
Members
2,158 posts
10,518 battles

It no coincidence that the ones they are removing from the crates are the tier IV and V ships that also happen to be the most egregiously overpowered. For example, GC as well a Kamikaze and her clones were pretty dominant the last time WG ran tier V Ranked.

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,010 battles

I'm sorry, of all the things that WG has done wrong, I can't be mad at them for retiring a handful of old and overpowered low-tier premiums from Santa Crates.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,285 posts
26,698 battles
32 minutes ago, Rhamses05 said:

Where does it say this? I dont see it on the mega crate page

It is on the WoWS splash page:

image.thumb.png.d8897427036a6b8c70fa69cb0daf3f19.png

[EQRN]
Members
2,161 posts
19,078 battles
36 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Hey, if the offerings are not what you want...dont buy them.

Simple market dynamics.

But dont be mean to WG about it. We all know the business they are in.

Yes, I’m exercising those simple market dynamics as you call it, which is why I find it strange you simultaneously claim that as being “mean to WG”

11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I'm sorry, of all the things that WG has done wrong, I can't be mad at them for retiring a handful of old and overpowered low-tier premiums from Santa Crates.

Not mad at retiring ships, not mad at all, just annoyed with their lame money gouging efforts (which in my case, is back firing at the moment).  

Do not think for one moment this retiring is an altruistic move on WGs part, if they cared so much about low tier quality of life, they would restrict CVs to 1 per side and/or eliminate T4 CVs and start the lines at 6.  Incidentally, the retiring ships have extraordinarily weak AA in a region of heavy CV play, so “over-powered” in these cases require some qualification.

• Thanks 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,824 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Yes, I’m exercising those simple market dynamics as you call it, which is why I find it strange you simultaneously claim that as being mean to WG

Sorry. Meant that we dont need to post in an angry manner. Not specifically aiming that comment at you.

Just a general comment on how we ought to react.

[REKTD]
Members
419 posts
10,345 battles

Pulling data from another post, they seemed to have gotten a ship in about 15% of their Mega Santa’s Crates. 
If accurate, that is a better rate than I expected.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
349 posts
5,636 battles

WG milking people with gambling problems and trying to create new ones.

• Haha 1

[_DOS_]
Members
452 posts
3,555 battles
4 minutes ago, Torenico said:

WG milking people with gambling problems and trying to create new ones.

More countries really need to crack down on loot boxes like Belgium did. It's gambling targeted at vulnerable people!

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
7 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I really wanted a Fujin or Kamikaze, and usually ponied up a few bucks for a few crates every year.  But with this crap?  Nope.

I think I got your Kamikaze in my second batch of crates. 

So it's possible no? :Smile_hiding:

[VOP]
Members
880 posts
12 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I think I got your Kamikaze in my second batch of crates. 

So it's possible no? :Smile_hiding:

Did you have to beat through the short list people are complaining about or did you have those ships?

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
1 minute ago, Airjellyfish said:

Did you have to beat through the short list people are complaining about or did you have those ships?

I guess i just dont see a reason to be upset about the shortlist, like..the four ships they have in the Mega Crates one arent that bad, and i enjoyed my first games in them.

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
3 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

I do have a few of the shortlist ships.. got them last year .  Of the 7 ships I got 4 were from SC's IIRC ( I posted it. ) 

Sign in to follow this