You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Santa crate rage - I DIDN'T GET A SHIP!!! >:-(

103 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,536 battles

Instead of starting 47 separate threads when you don't get a ship from your $94.00 worth of Santa Crates, I created a one-stop convenient place for you to express your anger, dissatisfaction, intent to quit or never spend another dime, etc.  As an added bonus, you might have many dozens of players posting their ire here as well, so you can wallow in each other's misery.

You know you are gambling and may not get a ship when you buy these things.  Yet, you bought them anyway, didn't get a ship, and now your nether regions are chaffed about it.  Let the anger FLOW through you!  That is part of the healing process!

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
662 posts
14,083 battles

Was looking for a thread like this so I could say... "LET THE SANTA CRATE WHINEAGE BEGIN!", lol.

Edit: I did buy 4 of the Huge crates, but didn't get a ship, which I am fine with. I am happy to get the 60 special signal flags so I can go through the Minnesota faster. :Smile_great:

Edited by Colonel_Potter
  • Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,158 posts
10,874 battles

Well I say, ships may come and go, but one can never have too many Frosty Fir Tree camos   -  its like having an endless supply of ugly Christmas sweaters -  all it needs is some eggnog & Johnny Mathis singing Christmas Carols & its like 2005 all over again.

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Haha 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
603 posts
12,374 battles

:cap_horn::cap_viking: Got 20 bigs and pulled a Marakov :cap_viking::cap_horn:

Let the rage flow, feel the hate, use that to fuel your power.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles

Let me feed the fire, i got 20 megas and pulled a Vanguard, Ochakov and Duca Da Costa. Return on investment indeed~

[WORX]
Members
11,919 posts
19,466 battles

This event is not for those who have alot of ships already...

This event is perfect for the new guys. with not alot of ships.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[V1LIN]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,375 posts
12,929 battles

Scored 7 ships out of 16 big crates and 8 mega crates

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Players like me who are missing a vast swathe of premium ships too.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles

I bought 3 for the luls and got nothing. Yes, nothing, the crates didn't show up in the port.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
8 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I bought 3 for the luls and got nothing. Yes, nothing, the crates didn't show up in the port.

Hey..me either. I think they may be overloaded. I got charged, but nothing showed up and i never got an emailed receipt.

[USCG]
Members
708 posts
21,932 battles

20 medium crates and picked up 3 ships (Makarov, Orkan and Siliwange) in the first five! The rest were camo, flags & 2K in dubs.

Not a bad way to start. Still looking for the Benham...

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
49 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why would that be?  If you pull a ship you already have, it subs in a super container that has a ship from the list, that you don't have.  As long as you don't have ALL the ships that can drop, IF a ship drops, you are going to get one you don't have.

So if you have a lot of ships, it's a good way to fill in those last missing ones.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles
28 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Hey..me either. I think they may be overloaded.

I saw your post in the "Paid but no crates arrived" thread. I note here that others have bought and received crates and opened them, so I think your guess may be correct.

Going to wait until this evening when the mad rush is mostly over. I have about 14 months of premium time left, so this year I'm probably going to skip the special deal on premium time, buy myself 20 mediums and see how many ugly camos I can get. :Smile_veryhappy:

[USMC-]
Members
327 posts
8,852 battles

I used to buy a few for me and my mates as a bit of fun and supporting a f2p game but have refused last year and this year as I feel WG has been taking a wrong direction with the state of the game. If things improve I would start buying them again but right now WG seems bent on trying to break the game so why should I support that.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,208 posts
16,684 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Instead of starting 47 separate threads when you don't get a ship from your $94.00 worth of Santa Crates, I created a one-stop convenient place for you to express your anger, dissatisfaction, intent to quit or never spend another dime, etc.  As an added bonus, you might have many dozens of players posting their ire here as well, so you can wallow in each other's misery.

You know you are gambling and may not get a ship when you buy these things.  Yet, you bought them anyway, didn't get a ship, and now your nether regions are chaffed about it.  Let the anger FLOW through you!  That is part of the healing process!

On the flip side, we should only have 1 thread for people to post their results. 

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I saw your post in the "Paid but no crates arrived" thread. I note here that others have bought and received crates and opened them, so I think your guess may be correct.

Going to wait until this evening when the mad rush is mostly over. I have about 14 months of premium time left, so this year I'm probably going to skip the special deal on premium time, buy myself 20 mediums and see how many ugly camos I can get. :Smile_veryhappy:

In before you get a bunch of premium time from the crates :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[TCCN]
Members
55 posts
8,155 battles

20 Megas, pulled a Duca D'Aosta, Ochakov and last but definitely not least a Kutozov. Plus 25k coal and 2k dubs, flags and camos also. Not a bad haul 

[WORX]
Members
11,919 posts
19,466 battles
19 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Why would that be?  If you pull a ship you already have, it subs in a super container that has a ship from the list, that you don't have.  As long as you don't have ALL the ships that can drop, IF a ship drops, you are going to get one you don't have.

So if you have a lot of ships, it's a good way to fill in those last missing ones.

Its math based on precedent.

If anything, this years Santa event maybe on the stingy side.. Mainly because of the production push backs.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
19 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its math based on precedent.

If anything, this years Santa event maybe on the stingy side.. Mainly because of the production push backs.

I don't think we have any indication that this year's crates are any better or worse than previous years. 

Someone already bought a bunch (40 I think) and got a whole mess of ships from it.  Now that doesn't mean anything one way or the other, but let's not start rumors of things we don't actually know.

The crates "just" appeared in the shop.  We have no math, on anything.

[WORX]
Members
11,919 posts
19,466 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Someone already bought a bunch (40 I think) and got a whole mess of ships from it.  Now that doesn't mean anything one way or the other, but let's not start rumors of things we don't actually know. 

Its math not rumors. This event is meant for those with not a lot of ships in their ports... That is the purpose of the Santa event... Some will get lucky while others will not, one of the factors have always been

• How many ships you have in port.

All I am saying, due to cutbacks in production this year. Promotions have been on the stingy side...

• No Thanksgiving fleet bundles this year
  • Years and Christmas have been shortened.

Projects have been pushed back a whole year...

This event was never meant for those with a lot ships... Those who are new and want random ships, the Santa Event is the perfect event for them.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This event is meant for those with not a lot of ships in their ports... That is the purpose of the Santa event...

No, it is not.

I am the example that you are talking about. In fact I have most of the ships that can possibly drop out of these crates.

I am going to buy some crates though because the way they work, if a ship drops, I am going to get one of the few that I don't have.  I am 100%, guaranteed to get one of them at that point. The odds that I am going to get one of the ones that I want, are actually greatly increased, BECAUSE I have a lot of the ships already.

The rest of your post has absolutely nothing to do with the odds on the Santa crates this year being any different than previous years and is based on your opinion.  We don't know yet.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2