You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

French Destroyer Captain Build?

4 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
4,178 posts
10,064 battles

I've finally reached 10 pts on my French dd captain (who's currently chilling on Guepard doing operations) but I'm getting conflicting information.

From what I understand the French dd's are primarily Russian dd-esque gunboats with the ability to stealth-torp if necessary, so AFT could be useful. On the other hand, the WoWs wiki says that concealment expert is a much better choice.

How exactly should I build my French dd captain? The guaranteed skills for me are priority target, preventative maintenance, last stand, adrenaline rush, and survivability expert. After that, I'm rather unsure.

Note that I'm intending to take this captain from Guepard all the way to Marceau, so if you offer a build please make sure it's applicable to all French tech tree dd's in between these two.

Members
314 posts
25 battles

I think the consensus is to build for survival first (priority target or preventative maintenance,  last stand, survivability expert then concealment) the build up the guns from there with your picks from AFT, BFT, AR, DE and oddly superintendent is a DPS increase given MBRB

I *don't think* high tiered 139mm armed destroyers want IFHE anymore since 0.9.2 but I maybe wrong. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,696 posts
36,210 battles

Currently I use PT-LS-SE-CE-BFT-DE-EM-PM in Kléber

[KWF]
Members
5,185 posts
6,659 battles

Keep in mind that FR DDs can equip the 3 million credit range upgrade if they need the range, something which RU DDs can't do. Decent concealment is a boon since you can get closer to enemies before wrecking them with AP.

Personally I preferred to use EM before PM as the slow by DD standards gun traverse speed can really hamper you at times.

Edited by warheart1992