You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Harekaze?

29 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
5,580 posts
9,007 battles

I just had the realization that I haven't seen a single Harekaze in months. I've mostly been playing tier VII lately, and while I see Asashios, Le Terribles, and Cossacks on the regular, I never see Harekaze anymore. I know that she's only been released for sale a couple of times, but for a while there she seemed to be a common sight in her MM spread. Do you still see her with any regularity, and if you have one, do you still play her?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,300 posts
10,081 battles

I only play mine very occasionally, mostly to achieve a specific DD-related achievement (which I always struggle to do anyway.....) 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,696 posts
36,203 battles

Saw one yesterday. Wish I had one.

Members
126 posts

They were pretty common during and after the last collab, but a rare sight now. I always +1 the owner for their good taste.

I stopped playing mine regularly after getting the Agir, for economic reasons.

[RVNHQ]
Members
335 posts
10,302 battles

Hoping for another HSF collab so I can pick up one myself.

[FIRE2]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles

She is a fine ship. But I have also the Smaland. So, if I can choose between playing a T8 in a T10 battle or playing a T10, I rather go for the last one.

[FIRE2]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles
49 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Hoping for another HSF collab so I can pick up one myself.

Chances are, that there will be another colab soon, they have tested the Harekaze with German DD guns. Maybe both as a bundle?

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
718 posts
6,798 battles

Great boat.  I just don't play DD that much nowadays except maybe once a month or so.  I sometimes see others in co-op every other week or thereabouts.

[SIM]
Members
5,580 posts
9,007 battles

I actually saw one today while running a tier IX, amusingly enough. She is a great DD, I wish that they'd make her available more regularly or offer a non-HSF clone if licensing issues are the hang-up.

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
8,057 battles

It’s true I don’t really see them around very often. I still take mine out occasionally it’s a very fun boat. Don’t forget you also can’t purchase it anymore unlike the Asashio.

It’s one of my most played ships. Akizuki guns on a Kagero, what’s not to like? This ship is the embodiment of a ninja. Plus it has great FXP bonuses.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,308 posts
17,497 battles

Hmm... I think for me it is a natural consequence of more CV's. I really like the Harekaze and use to play it a lot. For me the funnest way to play it was with the 100mm fast firing guns and the torp reload. This makes you a very stealthy torp monster than can prevail in many gunfights if you need to. The problem is to have the reload you give up smoke. When you are the most stealthy ship in a match this is no big deal....but now that CV's are a more viable and fun class to play it really makes this version of the Harekaze difficult to play. Unfortunately when you drop the torp reload booster and get the smoke back you are now an average smoke DD with a lot less torp power and so other DD's tend to be a better choice.

[SALVO]
Members
25,789 posts
28,039 battles
36 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I actually saw one today while running a tier IX, amusingly enough. She is a great DD, I wish that they'd make her available more regularly or offer a non-HSF clone if licensing issues are the hang-up.

IMO, she's a wonderful DD when using the B hull (i.e. the Aki guns).  With the A hull, she's just a Kagero.  And with the C hull, she's kind of an undergunned Kagero with only 3 USN 5" guns.

Arguably, the B hull Harekaze is one of the best balanced (that is, guns vs torps balance) IJN DDs in the game.  The Harekaze has the guns to hold her own against most (though not all) of the DDs she's likely to face.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,656 battles

I play my HSF Harekaze more than probably any other Tier VIII ship I have. I overcame my hatred of anime to buy it when it was last let out of the cage, just because of how strong it is. You get two racks of Kagero torpedoes and 3/4 of an Akizuki's guns, but you keep the Kagero stealth. 

The only problem is that Tier VIII play is generally fairly miserable in terms of matchmaking, so I don't play Tier VIII a ton unless I have to.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,624 posts
6,371 battles

Just out of curiosity, do you guys use the smoke or the TRB on your Harekaze's? :Smile_Default:

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
8,057 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you guys use the smoke or the TRB on your Harekaze's? :Smile_Default:

Smoke, great for offense and defense. You can farm BBs and cruisers with 100mm IFHE.

Members
991 posts
1,380 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

With the A hull, she's just a Kagero.

A Kagero with radar, sonar, fast turret motors, and autoloading dual 127 mm guns.

[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
14,052 battles

It is one of my go to DDs for a t8 honestly. 

Edited by Seloth

[SALVO]
Members
25,789 posts
28,039 battles
4 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

A Kagero with radar, sonar, fast turret motors, and autoloading dual 127 mm guns.

The Harekaze doesn't have the option of hydro or radar.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,360 posts
18,314 battles
12 hours ago, paradat said:

Hmm... I think for me it is a natural consequence of more CV's. I really like the Harekaze and use to play it a lot. For me the funnest way to play it was with the 100mm fast firing guns and the torp reload. This makes you a very stealthy torp monster than can prevail in many gunfights if you need to. The problem is to have the reload you give up smoke. When you are the most stealthy ship in a match this is no big deal....but now that CV's are a more viable and fun class to play it really makes this version of the Harekaze difficult to play. Unfortunately when you drop the torp reload booster and get the smoke back you are now an average smoke DD with a lot less torp power and so other DD's tend to be a better choice.

Pretty much why I rarely play mine. 

[WOLF3]
Members
141 posts
14,123 battles

It is my favorite ship by far, use it 3-4 times each day I play (1817 battles).  I find that if I use reload booster, my average damage goes up but my win rate goes down.  Probably because I die sooner.  I try to use it as a spotter and stay hidden or 10k from spotted ships until things spread out and ship positions are known.  AA is still pretty good as long as it is not a tier X CV.  HP is low.  It's ok in a 1v1 with other DDs as long as you are also not taking fire from other ships. 

[WPORT]
Members
7,080 posts
12,062 battles
On 12/4/2020 at 3:45 AM, SkaerKrow said:

I just had the realization that I haven't seen a single Harekaze in months. I've mostly been playing tier VII lately, and while I see Asashios, Le Terribles, and Cossacks on the regular, I never see Harekaze anymore. I know that she's only been released for sale a couple of times, but for a while there she seemed to be a common sight in her MM spread. Do you still see her with any regularity, and if you have one, do you still play her?

I played mine, last night.
Fun 'bote.