You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheCosmicTruth

New Achievements/Medals

5 comments in this topic

[WICKS]
Members
12 posts
351 battles

I've noticed kill-stealing is a thing. So, I had an idea:

New Achievement: Opportunist

Destroy an enemy warship after dealing less than 5% (or some other small number) of that ship's total HP in damage.

Awards: A flag that gives a +5% boost of damage you deal deal to a target for 5 seconds. Activates once per target the first time you deal non-secondary battery damage to that target; affects all non DoT damage. Also, gives -karma if you get it too much.

As an example, you are playing a nicholas, and your teammates are beating up a Konig, dealing 95% of its max HP in damage. You pop out and torp the konig, sinking it. You would get an opportunist medal.

New Ribbon: Assist

Given after a foe is sunk, where you dealt at least 25% (?) of a target's max HP, but didn't actually kill it. This would give a bit of the XP that an actual kill would.

These would hopefully be nice features.

Edit: These are not meant to STOP kill stealing, only mitigate the problem. Assist ribbons would give XP to teammates whose kill was stolen.

Edit 2: Kill XP is valuable.

Edited by TheCosmicTruth
edit
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles

Wrong, there is no kill stealing because red is dead. While frustrating I prefer for guns to be taken away from the other team as soon as possible because this is not a sim and a beat up on deaths door ship is most often going to have the same attack power as an undamaged ship.

Ignore the achievement and worry about winning the match.

Edited by BrushWolf

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,725 posts

Here's a better one:

Hunter's Bane -- survive with less than 1/10th of your original hit-points and either kill two ships or do damage equal to your ship's original hit-points afterwards.

[USMC-]
Members
330 posts
8,866 battles

Spotting flag. For x amount of spotting damage you get a set of flags that reduces your concealment by y%.

[SLDS]
Members
118 posts
7,340 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Wrong, there is no kill stealing because red is dead. While frustrating I prefer for guns to be taken away from the other team as soon as possible because this is not a sim and a beat up on deaths door ship is most often going to have the same attack power as an undamaged ship.

Ignore the achievement and worry about winning the match.

I haven’t heard of exact numbers of players using each skill, but I think adrenaline rush is an incredibly common skill to take, so it may well have MORE attack power at low HP.