You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tincan_SC

More word game from wows

34 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,138 posts
4,766 battles

Reading is OP.  It says so right there in the syllabus.

Atlanta <> Atlanta B.  Different ships.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[CK5]
Members
1,495 posts
15,863 battles

Yes, you are wrong.

If there is any lesson for WG out of all of this, they should learn that they must be very, very explicit in describing conditions for things like "bonus missions" when selling any premium ship. 

• Cool 1

[1EJ]
Members
387 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Reading is OP.  It says so right there in the syllabus.

Atlanta <> Atlanta B.  Different ships.

They are the SAME ship...only the camo is diff.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,572 posts
4,223 battles

So let me get this right, you're mad at WG because you didn't bother to read the description?

It clearly says in multiple places the mission is only for the standard ship. It's a way to encourage people who already have the standard ship to buy the Black Friday version. Read what you're buying....

The only difference between black ships and standard version is the B. The Black ships are always much cheaper though, so congratulations, you have an Atlanta for roughly 20% less than it regularly costs.

• Cool 1

Members
999 posts
1,387 battles
2 minutes ago, tincan_SC said:

Man I hate these people and there stupid and deceitful game and word play. Look at the 'Black Friday' deals for instants.

I decided to buy another ship (stupid me!) and got the Atlanta B. In the package deal was the bonus of a mission and 2500 doubloons as its reward.

Great...so I go and play. I get No love at all with the 'Back Friday' mission. Still at 0/5 win's. Four days later I decide to ask support about it.

They told me the 'Black Friday Mission' offered with the Atlanta B: was not for the Atlanta B. Its was for the quote now 'the simple ship'.

I can only assume customer service was referring to the older Atlanta. The camouflage is only cosmetic they say...so I got no mission for my money. I'm such a sucker.

This is the 3rd thread I've seen on the same topic. Personally, I see getting a new ship just to complete a combat mission as wasteful. And if you are going to do so, maybe you should actually read the conditions for the mission first. :fish_palm:

[WPORT]
Members
7,116 posts
12,107 battles

Special Combat Mission

Until January 31, 2021, you can complete the special combat mission for each ship playing the standard (not black) version of each black ship.

Special Combat Mission
Until January 31, 2021, you can complete the special combat mission for each ship playing the standard (not black) version of each black ship.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/black-friday-2020/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,138 posts
4,766 battles
Just now, tincan_SC said:

They are the SAME ship...only the camo is diff.

Believe that all you want.  It simply isn't true.

[1EJ]
Members
387 posts
Just now, black_hull4 said:

This is the 3rd thread I've seen on the same topic. Personally, I see getting a new ship just to complete a combat mission as wasteful. And if you are going to do so, maybe you should actually read the conditions for the mission first. :fish_palm:

I read it mate. Its the same ship. Its only camo, not a better ship and you PAY twice just a camo change SCREW it mate. You work for customer service I bet.

• Boring 1

[1EJ]
Members
387 posts
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Believe that all you want.  It simply isn't true.

So a customer service person....it the SAME ship...! Should be the same mission play. Just stupid word play. You need to stop buying into that nonsense. But you might lose your job I would guess.

Edited by tincan_SC
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,166 posts
10,528 battles

Each of the descriptions first establishes that (Ship) B is standalone ship apart from (Ship). This is followed by the statement that the combat mission is for (Ship). It’s pretty clearly spelled out.

The purpose of these missions is two-fold:

1) Compensation for those who already have the standard version and get the B version in a drop. For example, I have Alaska in my port. If I get Alaska B in a container (a drop that has no value to me), I at least get some doubloons a free coffee.

2) To entice those who really want a Black version of a premium ship they enjoy by effectively offering a further discount.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
1 minute ago, tincan_SC said:

So a customer service person....it the SAME ship...! Should be the same mission play. Just stupid word play. You need to stop buying into that nonsense. But you might lose your job I would guess.

Its not the same ship. Its coded to be an entirely seperate entity. Its the same reason the ARP Ships dont count for missions that call for the ships they are based off, or the HSF ships dont count for missions either. The missions are an incentive for players like me who have the original ships to buy them.

Members
1,818 posts
27,105 battles

It's not my fault! The mounting evidence from the 700,000th thread on this topic in 5 days is forcing me to accept the evidence of the IQ of many players of WoWs....

06-19-Red-Arrow-Downward-Trend_Featured_

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,465 posts
14,822 battles
13 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yes, you are wrong.

If there is any lesson for WG out of all of this, they should learn that they must be very, very explicit in describing conditions for things like "bonus missions" when selling any premium ship. 

They really couldn't be more clear and people stop reading after seeing bonus mission.

• Thanks 1

Members
999 posts
1,387 battles
10 minutes ago, tincan_SC said:

Its the same ship. Its only camo, not a better ship and you PAY twice just a camo change SCREW it mate.

Soooo...why'd you buy it? :Smile_trollface:

Beta Testers
164 posts
9 minutes ago, tincan_SC said:

If they are the same ship then my port must be broken as it shows 1 Atlanta and 1 Atlanta Black.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,254 posts
16,582 battles
2 minutes ago, KaiserWilhelmShatner said:

If they are the same ship then my port must be broken as it shows 1 Atlanta and 1 Atlanta Black.

can you do me a favour?

while in port, can you select the Atlanta, exterior tab, camo, see if you can swap the black camo from the Atlanta Black onto the Atlanta ???

thank you

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
164 posts
9 minutes ago, tincan_SC said:

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,116 posts
12,107 battles

RIF - "Reading is Fundamental"

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,208 posts
16,705 battles

So you already own Atlanta and can fulfill the mission parameters?? I can understand the people that don't own it and don't read it thoroughly, but I see no point at all to your rant if you already own the Atlanta. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,697 battles

Given the number of people who are confused on this point of English, wouldn't it be better to put "You need Atlanta (not Atlanta B) to complete these missions". Lots of anger could be avoided.

But I am dreaming.... That would take a playerbase that took less delight in the misfortunes of others, and a company that had an actual customer orientation....

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts
39 minutes ago, tincan_SC said:

I read it mate. Its the same ship. Its only camo, not a better ship and you PAY twice just a camo change SCREW it mate. You work for customer service I bet.

You're the one who can't read, who won't admit defeat, even though support told you the same thing the rest of us are saying.

Get over it.  

Members
699 posts

maybe next time WOWS should put blinking lights around the exceptions...and you would have to mark a check box stating you have read and understand the terms...a large blinking arrow that says read this might work also

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,138 posts
4,766 battles
47 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

It's not my fault! The mounting evidence from the 700,000th thread on this topic in 5 days is forcing me to accept the evidence of the IQ of many players of WoWs....

It's not the IQ.  Well, maybe not.  It's the stubborn refusal to accept that they might be wrong.  Yet another symptom of entitlement, and a major block to learning.

Participation trophies, everyone?