You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pachelbel117

UPDATE - Is this company trying to cheat customers out of their money, or do they have any integrity at all?

58 comments in this topic

[CV-66]
Members
15 posts
250 battles

I love this game and have gladly spent a ton of money buying ships that I enjoy.  But now I feel completely robbed by falling for the "100,000 Free XP" scam.  In response to my support ticket asking for a refund, all I got back was a screenshot from some page on their website saying the combat missions are for the standard (not black) version of each black ship.  That information certainly should have been on the page where I bought the ship so I would know not to buy it.  Instead, in the description where I bought the ship "Black Alaska" is listed once, "Alaska B" is listed twice, and "Alaska" all by itself is listed 4 times!  That is why I thought it was all talking about the same ship.

You cannot expect every customer who makes a purchase to have read every word on your website.  So naturally, I thought this was a mistake for the company to not specify this information on the purchase description page and asked for a refund.  But if they are not willing to issue a refund when the only reason I made the purchase was for the 100,000 Free XP, which I can never get, then I have to wonder if this deception was intentional?  If it was a mistake, why not just refund my purchase? 

I have spent more money on extra content here than I have for the next top ten games combined that I played over the course of my entire life.  And they are willing to throw away a customer over this?  If so, I'm out of here.  If not, can anyone give me some hope that the company will come back with a better response?  I have asked that my ticket be escalated to someone who can help, but their first response did not leave me with much hope.

Edited by pachelbel117
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Meh 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,285 battles

So you read something that spelled out one thing, blindly assumed another,all before buying the item, and are blaming WG, calling them cheats and saying they have no integrity? Just making sure I'm reading things right.

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,263 posts
16,592 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Just making sure I'm reading things right

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE, you are wrong. He blamed WG and that it

He probably single focus you out with the negative energy that built up because he paid so much money on this game and he HAD THE RIGHT to do so. At this moment, he is right and everything is WRONG. DONT even attempt to change his mind set

:cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,285 battles
Just now, ObiphanKenobi said:

He probably single focus you out with the negative energy that built up because he paid so much money on this game and he HAD THE RIGHT to do so. At this moment, he is right and everything is WRONG. DONT even attempt to change his mind set

Meh, I've got a broad back, I can take anything he throws at me.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3

Members
1,821 posts
27,189 battles
27 minutes ago, pachelbel117 said:

I love this game and have gladly spent a ton of money buying ships that I enjoy.  But now I feel completely robbed by falling for the "100,000 Free XP" scam.  In response to my support ticket asking for a refund, all I got back was a screenshot from some page on their website saying the combat missions are for the standard (not black) version of each black ship.  That information certainly should have been on the page where I bought the ship so I would know not to buy it.  Instead, in the description where I bought the ship "Black Alaska" is listed once, "Alaska B" is listed twice, and "Alaska" all by itself is listed 4 times!  That is why I thought it was all talking about the same ship.

You cannot expect every customer who makes a purchase to have read every word on your website.  So naturally, I thought this was a mistake for the company to not specify this information on the purchase description page and asked for a refund.  But if they are not willing to issue a refund when the only reason I made the purchase was for the 100,000 Free XP, which I can never get, then I have to wonder if this deception was intentional?  If it was a mistake, why not just refund my purchase? 

I have spent more money on extra content here than for the next ten games combined over the course of my entire life.  And they are willing to throw away a customer over this?  If so, I'm out of here.  If not, can anyone give me some hope that the company will come back with a better response?  I have asked that my ticket be escalated to someone who can help, but their first response did not leave me with much hope.

Could you please tell me the winning numbers for the Illinois Lottery next week?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,263 posts
16,592 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

So you read something that spelled out one thing, blindly assumed another,all before buying the item, and are blaming WG, calling them cheats and saying they have no integrity?

how dare you questioning his intelligence, reading comprehension and decision making skills ......... :cap_rambo:  After all, OP was the one who spent more money on extra content here than for the next ten games combined over the course of his entire life. He demand a refund and he wanted a refund, NOW.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,285 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

how dare you questioning his intelligence, reading comprehension and decision making skills ......... :cap_rambo:  After all, OP was the one who spent more money on extra content here than for the next ten games combined over the course of his entire life. He demand a refund and he wanted a refund, NOW.

Well, and I demand a pink poodle. Doesn't mean I'm getting one.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,263 posts
16,592 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

and I demand a pink poodle

eerrr ..... I don't have pink poochies, I had a green/black/white corgi, that I dressed up as torpedo, can I send you this instead? your demand too high maintenance

why WG not allowing me to post memes ...... hhhhmmmm

https://cheezburger.com/8349327360/with-a-maniacal-laugh-captain-kitteh-released-the-corgies

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,285 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

eerrr ..... I don't have pink poochies, I had a green/black/white corgi, that I dressed up as torpedo, can I send you this instead? your demand too high maintenance

No it has to be a pink poodle to go with my black candles and chainsaw.

• Funny 3

[WOLF4]
Members
267 posts
9,662 battles
21 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Could you please tell me the winning numbers for the Illinois Lottery next week?

a combination of zipcodes not in IL boundaries :Smile-_tongue:

[KAG2]
Beta Testers
329 posts
19,351 battles

from the Jean Bart B prem shop page it says

Owners of this bundle will also receive a special combat mission for Jean Bart

says right there is for the Jean Bart, not Black Jean Bart. if you had any questions about it then maybe ask the question. its been posted many places that missions are for the non black versions of the ship.

Volunteer Moderator, Volunteer Moderator
432 posts
5,448 battles

It Clearly states on the Premium Shop page what the missions are exactly for...
 "Along with each black ship, you will receive a special combat mission for her standard version." 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[SOUP]
Modder
8,825 posts
10 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

It Clearly states on the Premium Shop page what the missions are exactly for...
 "Along with each black ship, you will receive a special combat mission for her standard version." 

Instructions unclear, soup stuck in ceiling fan

• Haha 3

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
1 hour ago, pachelbel117 said:

You cannot expect every customer who makes a purchase to have read every word on your website. 

Ah Hmmmmm! Yes one can. Every single word of the description about the item(s) and mission requirements if a mission in part of the package.

In the Black ships offered with the mission to get 2500 doubloons there is a line stating that the regular version of the ship is required.

Caveat Emptor not at all WGs fault!

• Cool 2

[CV-66]
Members
15 posts
250 battles

This is what the page says when you buy the Blask Alaska.  This is what I read.  I did not read everything on the other pages.  I read what it says on the page for the purchase I wanted to make.  And nowhere on this page is it even hinted that I would not get the 100,000 Free XP or that I would need a second ship to get those credits.

I would bet anything that if you made a purchase and did not get what you thought you were buying that you would be upset too.

Black Alaska.png

Edited by pachelbel117
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
313 posts
8,294 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

No it has to be a pink poodle to go with my black candles and chainsaw.

Getting ready for Ranked again @Lert

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles
8 minutes ago, pachelbel117 said:

This is what the page says when you buy the Blask Alaska.  This is what I read.  I did not read everything on the other pages.  I read what it says on the page for the purchase I wanted to make.  And nowhere on this page is it even hinted that I would not get the 100,000 Free XP or that I would need a second ship to get those credits.

I would bet anything that if you made a purchase and did not get what you thought you were buying that you would be upset too.

Black Alaska.png

“Alaska B is a standalone Premium ship. The only difference in comparison with her standard counterpart - Alaska - is the color scheme of the permanent camouflage.”

This statement establishes that the two are different ships.

”Five victories gained playing Alaska...”

This statement indicates the mission is for Alaska (her standard counterpart) not Alaska B, which are defined in the statement I quoted above.

WG has done some things I object to, but this one’s on you.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,185 posts

What I can say about this is the more I read it the more it seems intentionally written in a manner which could lead a person to believe as the OP has put forth. 

First paragraph states "Alaska" which covers the first and second paragraphs. 

The third paragraph is where it gets slippery. Third paragraph starts out "Alaska B". Second sentence switches back to just "Alaska". Now we hit the first bullet under the "Combat mission:" 

"Owners of this bundle". Well yes, he's an owner of the bundle. "will also receive a special combat mission for Alaska". 

I wrote in another thread but it is worth repeating here. The sentence above needed to say something like this: 

"Those who purchase this bundle, if they own the original Alaska, will also receive a special combat mission for the original Alaska. The special mission does not apply to the Alaska B". 

I doubt, however, any refund will be coming. 

But they do need to be far more precise in writing these deals up. Clearly. 

[CV-66]
Members
15 posts
250 battles

Thank you all for the honest responses.  I do wish their description had been more clear.  If they do not issue refunds at all then I have a decision to make.

Thanks again!

Members
10,754 posts
18,488 battles

It's a Corporation, it has Stock Holders, a Corporation's purpose is to make as much money as possible for it's Stock Holders. What ever way they can. What did you expect?

• Cool 1

[-BSK-]
Members
39 posts
7,080 battles

While I do understand where the OP is coming from, yeah its pretty trashy that you give a mission for the other version of the ship. However if you are going to spend your hard earned money on something you probably should read the whole description on what exactly it is you are paying for. 
NOW do I like the business practice with the black ships and the mission situation? No. I do not think if you purchase a black ship that you should have to (If you do not own already) have to purchase another ship to complete a mission for extra rewards which typically is included in the purchase price of the black version of the ship when it would just as easy for them to ADD another area for that mission to include the black version of ship to earn whatever reward comes with the purchase of the ship. 

Members
3,432 posts
6,924 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's a Corporation, it has Stock Holders, a Corporation's purpose is to make as much money as possible for it's Stock Holders. What ever way they can. What did you expect?

Wargaming USED to be a publicly traded company...they got delisted in 2015 for not showing their financial papers.....

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/13/wargaming-delisted-from-cyprus-stock-exchange/

Members
10,754 posts
18,488 battles
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

Wargaming USED to be a publicly traded company...they got delisted in 2015 for not showing their financial papers.....

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/13/wargaming-delisted-from-cyprus-stock-exchange/

Then it's just another greedy company.

Members
3,432 posts
6,924 battles
23 minutes ago, pachelbel117 said:

Thank you all for the honest responses.  I do wish their description had been more clear.  If they do not issue refunds at all then I have a decision to make.

Thanks again!

The real problem is that when anyone who writes these articles KNOWS what they mean but does not offer a step by step example of what the Player is expected to perform and their outcome.  Obviously this has tripped up some players who dove in but later found out that what they thought and what the outcome was were not as expected.    basically from now on...you should temper your enthusiasm so to speak....

Edited by dionkraft