You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BongoSolo

Team Kill - Should Just Ban Them account

48 comments in this topic

[FSA]
Beta Testers
6 posts
7,448 battles

Hello all and GM,

I really hope we can punish those team-killer player a lot, ****************, this guy shot me at very beginning, and I asked him for easy sorry, no respond for 30 seconds, so I decide to punish him by myself and he killed me after.

Just wondering if the game can do anything about this kind of people? ban them account for couple month or forever?

[HINON]
Members
13,833 posts
16 minutes ago, BongoSolo said:

Naming and shaming is against the forum rules so you need to edit out the player name from your screenshots and post. The damage penalty system in game takes care of most of these players as you can see it warned him. By you retaliating you are also punished. Once they deal a certain amount of friendly fire all of the damage is instead reflected back upon them. If they persist they get banished to coop for a number of matches where they have to avoid team damage.

Edited by RipNuN2

[FSA]
Beta Testers
6 posts
7,448 battles

Already reported, because I think the pink name is not enough to punish those people, and without saying a "sorry", I decide to teach him by myself. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles

First you were just as much in the wrong to retaliate and second naming & shaming unlike naming and fame'ng someone is against the forum rules, remove the name.

If they become pink too often they end up with orange status and banned to co-op for a time. If they still haven't learned they start getting vacation that get longer and longer from the game. If that doesn't get through to them they are likely to have their account nuked.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,994 posts
19,508 battles

penance for hitting a friendly is automatic... Its not considered as "light" punishment nor is it heavy handed...

Advocating automatic death is IMO over kill.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,338 posts
26,841 battles

@BongoSolo as @RipNuN2 and @BrushWolf stated, please edit your post so that the offender's name is not included.  

To your OP, the player may have been a griefer hoping to get a reaction from you and you obliged.  If someone is deliberately firing on you, it is best not to respond.  If you ignore it long enough they will either give up shooting at you, or they will get a TK penalty.  If they continue to shoot at you after getting a pink TK penalty, any damage that you would have suffered is immediately reflected back to them with no damage to yourself.  

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,263 posts
16,592 battles
43 minutes ago, BongoSolo said:

Just wondering if the game can do anything about this kind of people?

Game mechanic in place for such thing and they escalate slowly up

1 - If they hitting you with enough damage, they will go pink

1-a) if they continue to do so while pink, the damage they dealt will reflect back at them

1-b) they can wash the pink by playing 2 battles without damaging any ally (normally this can be done very quick in 2 coop battles)

2- If you keep your cool and finish the battle, submit to CS staff with the replay. Replay  turn on automatically, you can find them in the WoWs folder --> replays ... keep in mind WG only allow 30 replays kept

2- a) you can also use the in-game report, right click on the person name and report, select your decision

3- WG don't discuss penalty, you will get generic reply.

From my experiences, this guy start TK me, so I report him. I don't see him for 7 days. Then he TK me again, this time he was spawn from the other side of the map, he ignore the rest, travel across the map to TK me. So I put in another report. I don't see him for at least 30 days :cap_haloween:

4- DO NOT EVER attempt to return fire. It not worth your effort. It better for you to submit the report as the outcome is more weight

regards,

• Cool 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,684 posts
12,258 battles

All the times I hit someone with a torpedo in this game.  opps.

• Sad 1

[FSA]
Beta Testers
6 posts
7,448 battles

they can easily wash their pink name with 2 normal battles, I just want to give the lesson for not being sorry to TK 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,379 posts
13,062 battles
36 minutes ago, BongoSolo said:

they can easily wash their pink name with 2 normal battles, I just want to give the lesson for not being sorry to TK 

Only a first offense in a long while is 2 matches, repeat offenses result in more games required to clear it, and then starts the downward slide to co-op only, temp bans and ultimately perma-bans if it goes on long enough.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
56 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

@BongoSolo as @RipNuN2 and @BrushWolf stated, please edit your post so that the offender's name is not included.  

To your OP, the player may have been a griefer hoping to get a reaction from you and you obliged.  If someone is deliberately firing on you, it is best not to respond.  If you ignore it long enough they will either give up shooting at you, or they will get a TK penalty.  If they continue to shoot at you after getting a pink TK penalty, any damage that you would have suffered is immediately reflected back to them with no damage to yourself.  

This and the percentage of HP required to turn pink is not very high.

[PVE]
Members
7,314 posts
23,183 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Although it only takes 1 if it's a kill shot.

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
979 posts
2,162 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

even a few seconds of acidental ramming will make you pink

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,285 battles

If you sink at a teamkiller, the number of teamkillers in the battle doubles. No sympathy for those kinds of players at all.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Although it only takes 1 if it's a kill shot.

True.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

I have not experienced that and if the tens to hundreds of damage from that turned you pink you were on the edge already as team damage carries over for a few matches.

Edited by BrushWolf

[GWG]
Members
7,302 posts
14,089 battles

I've seen as many as 6 pink players in Co-Op at a time.

Usually coincides with 'Get xxx Torpedo hits' mission....

I'm sure those events have nothing to do with TK damage.....  (hahahahahahahahaha !!!)

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,285 battles
39 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Only if you're already very close to the threshold.

[TFFOX]
Members
979 posts
2,162 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Only if you're already very close to the threshold.

oh. usually I go pink when playing BBs because someone gets in my way and I can't turn fast enough

[TTWS]
[TTWS]
Members
64 posts
1,792 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

oh. usually I go pink when playing BBs because someone gets in my way and I can't turn fast enough

I feel like that is the second leading cause of TK penalties, with accidental TK with torpedoes being number 1. But i would actually like to see some evidence to support this theory.

[TFFOX]
Members
979 posts
2,162 battles
1 minute ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

I feel like that is the second leading cause of TK penalties, with accidental TK with torpedoes being number 1. But i would actually like to see some evidence to support this theory.

I can PM you with replay next time it happens if you want

[TTWS]
[TTWS]
Members
64 posts
1,792 battles
Just now, AdmiralFox08 said:

I can PM you with replay next time it happens if you want

Sure, I might make a poll or something on this asking how often this happens to others as well.

[TFFOX]
Members
979 posts
2,162 battles
4 hours ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

Sure, I might make a poll or something on this asking how often this happens to others as well.

:cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
563 posts
10,581 battles
On 12/3/2020 at 3:20 PM, MarcusGod7207 said:

I can only speak for my own experience:

#1 is torpedos (by far the biggest cause)

#2 is stray shells especially when hitting small ships

I do not remember ever getting pink because of ramming

• Cool 2

[TTWS]
[TTWS]
Members
64 posts
1,792 battles
2 minutes ago, evanr1940 said:

I can only speak for my own experience:

#1 is torpedos (by far the biggest cause)

#2 is stray shells especially when hitting small ships

I do not remember ever getting pink because of ramming

Yeah, I just made a poll for this today.

[WOLF7]
Members
584 posts
On 12/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, Lert said:

If you sink at a teamkiller, the number of teamkillers in the battle doubles. No sympathy for those kinds of players at all.

If I recall correctly (haven't played in 6 years) in WoT, teamkillers would turn blue and then be fair game for ANYONE to destroy. This game could benefit from that particular mechanic.