Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Is Neustrashimy one of best in tier for concealment?

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,658
[46856]
Members
1,873 posts

Is Neustrashimy one of best in tier for concealment? That's what the current add for it says (see below.)

 

This means it would to have a concealment range compatible with Shimikaze, gearing or even the pan Asian DD.1826190319_Russiabdd.thumb.png.9bee4f7dffd30d1f102b600693c7545a.png

Looking at its base concealment in port without mods which is 7.1, I just don't see it being in the 5.5-5.7 kms range when fully equipped.

Does it get that low? I am asking players who have one currently to inform me. If it does not get that low then is WG being creative with the truth here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[A-I-M]
Members
3,586 posts
14,476 battles
3 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Is Neustrashimy one of best in tier for concealment?

It’s gotta be...it’s been months since I’ve seen one!

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,663
[KWF]
Members
5,239 posts
6,659 battles

Max concealment on my own is 5.6km. Problem is that you are often too clumsy to use these small but important stealth advantages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,658
[46856]
Members
1,873 posts
Just now, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

It’s gotta be...it’s been months since I’ve seen one!

*** Drum roll***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[NSEW]
Members
2,151 posts
11,516 battles

Well, let's see. Concealment Module gives you -10%, Captain skills would give  you another -10%. 

7.1 - 20% = 5.68

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[NSEW]
Members
2,151 posts
11,516 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

It’s gotta be...it’s been months since I’ve seen one!

Saw two, TWO.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,658
[46856]
Members
1,873 posts
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Max concealment on my own is 5.6km. Problem is that you are often too clumsy to use these small but important stealth advantages.

Thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,663
[KWF]
Members
5,239 posts
6,659 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

It’s gotta be...it’s been months since I’ve seen one!

 I'm the only Neustrashimy I have seen in close to a year, so touché :Smile_teethhappy:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,766
[GGWP]
Members
7,211 posts
16,745 battles
1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Well, let's see. Concealment Module gives you -10%, Captain skills would give  you another -10%. 

7.1 - 20% = 5.68

 

 

 

3% for the camo. 

And they don't add

7.1 - 10% = 6.39

6.39 - 10% = 5.75

5.75 - 3% = 5.58 rounded up 5.6 in the client

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,029
[HINON]
Members
13,826 posts
25 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Is Neustrashimy one of best in tier for concealment? This means it would to have a concealment range compatible with Shimikaze, gearing or even the pan Asian DD.

Psst, it's a T9 not a T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,062 battles

I rarely bring mine out but nearly always get comments when I do that range from "what is that" to "Holy S**t, I havent seen one of those in months". 

 

TBH, it ticks me off seeing it for sale for coal, why did I waste my steel when I could have waited a year & spent coal on it. 

Edited by MizzenMast
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,106 posts
12,142 battles
49 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Max concealment on my own is 5.6km. Problem is that you are often too clumsy to use these small but important stealth advantages.

Bingo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,098
[WOLFG]
Members
31,352 posts
9,649 battles
57 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Is Neustrashimy one of best in tier for concealment? That's what the current add for it says (see below.)

 

This means it would to have a concealment range compatible with Shimikaze, gearing or even the pan Asian DD.1826190319_Russiabdd.thumb.png.9bee4f7dffd30d1f102b600693c7545a.png

Looking at its base concealment in port without mods which is 7.1, I just don't see it being in the 5.5-5.7 kms range when fully equipped.

Does it get that low? I am asking players who have one currently to inform me. If it does not get that low then is WG being creative with the truth here?

Yes, if you have CE and use the concealment upgrade in Slot 5. 7.1-20%=5.5 or 5.6, depending on how it's rounded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[MHG]
Members
327 posts
20,161 battles
34 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

I rarely bring mine out but nearly always get comments when I do that range from "what is that" to "Holy S**t, I havent seen one of those in months". 

 

TBH, it ticks me off seeing it for sale for coal, why did I waste my steel when I could have waited a year & spent coal on it. 

It is the opposite for me. I'd gladly play the 21k steel it costed instead of the current 296k coal asking price. I knew there would be a mark-up, but did not expect a 40% increase from the direct conversion. If only WG agrees to take my steel:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
872
[WOLFB]
Members
3,166 posts
7,558 battles
36 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

I rarely bring mine out but nearly always get comments when I do that range from "what is that" to "Holy S**t, I havent seen one of those in months". 

 

TBH, it ticks me off seeing it for sale for coal, why did I waste my steel when I could have waited a year & spent coal on it. 

Its WG nothing is ever exclusive. At some point I am sure we will see more steel ships switch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,029
[HINON]
Members
13,826 posts
1 minute ago, OnociTsalk said:

It is the opposite for me. I'd gladly play the 21k steel it costed instead of the current 296k coal asking price. I knew there would be a mark-up, but did not expect a 40% increase from the direct conversion. If only WG agrees to take my steel:cap_cool:

But coal cannot be converted into steel while steel can be converted into coal which makes coal a more flexible resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[MHG]
Members
327 posts
20,161 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

But coal cannot be converted into steel while steel can be converted into coal which makes coal a more flexible resource.

I can see where you are coming from, but given that we have multiple coal ships leaving soon (GA, Thunderer), I'm really hard pressed on that front. Steel I have some to spare considering there is no urgency here on account of ship removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[DOG]
Members
1,220 posts
12,659 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

Is Neustrashimy one of best in tier for concealment? That's what the current add for it says (see below.)

 

This means it would to have a concealment range compatible with Shimikaze, gearing or even the pan Asian DD.1826190319_Russiabdd.thumb.png.9bee4f7dffd30d1f102b600693c7545a.png

Looking at its base concealment in port without mods which is 7.1, I just don't see it being in the 5.5-5.7 kms range when fully equipped.

Does it get that low? I am asking players who have one currently to inform me. If it does not get that low then is WG being creative with the truth here?

With everything it can get down to 5.578 km.  About the same as a Shima, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,391
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,734 battles

It's a good boat, but the guns can be frustrating. The heal makes her very useful, since you have health to trade in gunning down other DDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,076
[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Yes, if you have CE and use the concealment upgrade in Slot 5. 7.1-20%=5.5 or 5.6, depending on how it's rounded.

Doesn't work that way...the two 10%s don't add together...they are computed individually:

2 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

3% for the camo. 

And they don't add

7.1 - 10% = 6.39

6.39 - 10% = 5.75

5.75 - 3% = 5.58 rounded up 5.6 in the client

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[B_Y_F]
Members
617 posts
14,740 battles
1 hour ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

Yes. She's a very good stealthy DD. With guns that people underestimate to their own mistakes. 

Only if those guns can hit consistently......

In my experience, what people offent underestimate is how hard to kill zomby. Neustrashimy can trade two hp to one and still come out on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,794 battles
11 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

Only if those guns can hit consistently......

In my experience, what people offent underestimate is how hard to kill zomby. Neustrashimy can trade two hp to one and still come out on top.

Last time I checked I had a 50% Hit Rate with the guns. And they hit hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[B_Y_F]
Members
617 posts
14,740 battles
1 minute ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

Last time I checked I had a 50% Hit Rate with the guns. And they hit hard.

Well, hitting BB and hitting DD are not the same thing but unfortunately under same category (Hit rate) in stat. I have 50 Hit rate too, but I won't trust them hitting wiggling DD. I'm sure you have better aim and it's good for you. XD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×