Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Does this seem right to you?

37 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
13,826 posts
41 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

The scale for plane HP does not equal the scale for ship hp. Not sure why this is all that noteworthy. For instance, ships arent to scale on the maps either but are in scale in relation to one another.

Edited by RipNuN2

[REKTD]
Members
420 posts
10,384 battles

Yes.

The real TB2D was an insane beast of an aircraft. CVs belong in WoWP off AI based carriers, where one could enjoy the plane more properly. A lone TB2D may have been truly untouchable attacking a Smith class DD, as well as most other surface vessels represented in the game.

Edited by SuperComm4

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,661 posts
12,069 battles

Would it seem right to you if all aircraft health and AA damage across the board were divided by 100? 37 HP skypirate, and flak doing 16 damage? Then the HP would be in scale to each other, but the mechanics would be identical. :cap_yes:

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles

It could be worse.  The FDR could fly around dropping Smiths on everyone.

• Funny 4
  • Haha 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,352 posts
9,649 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

USS Smith          https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Smith

7300 HP

700 tons

TB2D Skypirate          https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Franklin_D._Roosevelt

3710 HP

9 tons

Considering that the hit points between ships and planes are as comparable as those between WoWS ships and WoW Elven mages, looks ok to me.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,197 posts
10,553 battles

Since AA damage/plane HP and damage to ships/ship HP are so two totally unrelated systems, I fail to see the issue.

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
608 posts
7,569 battles
26 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

It could be worse.  The FDR could fly around dropping Smiths on everyone.

Don't give them ideas.

[VAST_]
Members
146 posts
4,617 battles

In fairness to the OP I don't think it is blatantly obvious without a bit of digging that they are two different systems. Man this place is a tough crowd sometimes :fish_viking:

[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
22 minutes ago, CapnCazuul said:

In fairness to the OP I don't think it is blatantly obvious without a bit of digging that they are two different systems. Man this place is a tough crowd sometimes :fish_viking:

You can't fire main battery guns at planes (although the AI can on dual purpose mains)& AA doesn't damage ships so it is kinda obvious.

Before hitting the link I didn't even realize he was talking about plane HP...I thought he was completely off his rocker & saying the FDR had 3700ish HPs & was 9 tons.

[VAST_]
Members
146 posts
4,617 battles
10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You can't fire main battery guns at planes (although the AI can on dual purpose mains)& AA doesn't damage ships so it is kinda obvious.

Before hitting the link I didn't even realize he was talking about plane HP...I thought he was completely off his rocker & saying the FDR had 3700ish HPs & was 9 tons.

08B41B53-A7EB-4D6B-A1BB-3634544D8DAF.png

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,317 posts
5,802 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Considering that the hit points between ships and planes are as comparable as those between WoWS ships and WoW Elven mages, looks ok to me.

My Draenei Shaman has about the same health as a Tier VII DD.  Does that seem right or fair to you? :cap_haloween:

[SALVO]
Members
2,683 posts
6,793 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

7300 HP

700 tons

TB2D Skypirate          https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Franklin_D._Roosevelt

3710 HP

9 tons

As much as I like to complain about CVs.  These two HP systems aren’t related . Though sure it can be a tad confusing on first glance. 

Edited by eviltane

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

It’s a video game. You're trying to present some false real world equivalency with game stats because you’re an anti-CV troll. 

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
1 hour ago, CapnCazuul said:

Apparently this didn’t post. I’ll try again.

I’m aware they are completely separate, even for dual purpose guns. 

it’s equally obvious that either planes have too much health or AA does not do enough damage.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,197 posts
10,553 battles
20 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

If I remember correctly the long range AA of the Minotaur used to be over 1000.

Now it is 433.

And the AA/plane system is completely different. You are once again comparing two values that operate under completely different systems. It’s a completely meaningless comparison.

Edited by Nevermore135

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,317 posts
5,802 battles
30 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

it’s equally obvious that either planes have too much health or AA does not do enough damage.

Last time I played a CV I ended up with the choice of attacking Kansas or Massachusetts.  Due to positioning I picked the Kansas.  Every single one of my torpedo bombers were shot down before I reached torpedo range.  Full squadron, no flak bursts were involved.  Yes, I was in a Tier VI CV (Ark Royal), but it was late game against a 1/3rd health Kansas and not a single plane even reached torpedo drop range.

Exactly how much damage do you think AA should do?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,352 posts
9,649 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

My Draenei Shaman has about the same health as a Tier VII DD.  Does that seem right or fair to you? :cap_haloween:

Only if it's an EU DD, so they both have heals.....

Members
1,014 posts
1,399 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

7300 HP

700 tons

3710 HP

9 tons

1 hour ago, eviltane said:

These two HP systems aren’t related . Though sure it can be a tad confusing on first glance. 

I do, however want to know why the USS Erie(50 mm of belt armor)has half the HP of the Longjiang, despite the Longjiang having no armor whatsoever & being 3 times smaller.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,189 posts
1,495 battles
5 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

7300 HP

700 tons

3710 HP

9 tons

Do you have FDR or are just complain for sake of complaining because bad CVs are ruining my fun rhetoric? :Smile_hiding: The reason why FDR planes have so much HP it's because FDR has many other drawbacks other CV don't :Smile_sceptic: So wargaming to balance FDR made it FDR planes slow to have an attack cooldown of almost 30 seconds and regen so stupidly slow to the point it makes Saipan regen fast in comparison :Smile_smile:  

[SALVO]
Members
2,683 posts
6,793 battles
56 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

I do, however want to know why the USS Erie(50 mm of belt armor)has half the HP of the Longjiang, despite the Longjiang having no armor whatsoever & being 3 times smaller.

You mean the Loyang?  Its T1 noob boat  vs T8 DD

Sign in to follow this