Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Do_Doch_Nicht

Big Mistake

32 comments in this topic

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
13,218 battles

I know...I know...my team was not stellar.  There were mistakes made.  But, I don't want to hear about it. Oh Sure, I could have stayed closer to AA support ships. Oh sure, I could have tried to defend the Capture Zone from further Southeast, Oh Sure, I became the target once teammates were gone. But COME ON MAN.  AP Rockets and AP Bombs?  Really?........I mean REALLY?  What made wargaming think the game needed Carriers to be OP? By now, haven't they realized that an OP line of ships ruins the game. Like the early Destroyer Performance Fiasco? Certainly OP Carrier Captains are relishing the result.  The Lemming Train can never be the basis of not correcting a problem. Lemmings are always the last to know anyway.  Off the cliff they jump following the crowd. Like I said, I don't want rodents responding. Keep your cheese and whine to yourself.  Firstly TWO CARRIER GAME...immediately banned.  What were you thinking Wargaming?   Second, nerf the damage and nerf the defense or make the ship AA improved.  You have a monumental problem.  

ENOUGH

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[MR-1]
Members
185 posts
12,937 battles

I play CVs. I also play DDs and BBs. I am not a good CL/CA player. In my experiences IF you are in a straight tiered battle  (all T6, T8, T10) CVs are not OP. Now I recently was playing a T3 cruiser with out any AA defenses and MM put me in a T4 battle with 2 CVs. That was not fun and extremely harsh, but that is a MM issue, not the CV themselves.  Yes CVs can make is a challange to play DDs. You get spotted and you are not likely to live long, not because of the  damage from the CV, but because now EVERYONE is firing at you. (not fun).  I watched your video. I can share your pain being the focus of 2 CVs. (been there in BBs). 1 mistake I see many players make with dealing with CVs, don't give broadside to rocket planes. This is critical when playing against German CVs. Those AP rockets will citadel you at a right angle. so you end up taking max damage of EACH ROCKET that hits. Not easy to do, but does happen. I even ended up with a devastating strike a few days ago because of it. So bow/stern to rockets and torpedo planes, broadside to bombers to reduce the number that can hit. Second, turn your AA off. The planes will not see you as fast without your AA firing. Then when the planes are 3-4K from you, then use the "o" key to flack the side they are coming from. You are still going to get hit, but even a good CV commander will leave you alone for softer targets. Cruiser players may feel differently and I know even a lot of DD players do as well, but when I am playing a DD (more than I play CVs) Radar and long range hydro is more frustrating after T7 than CVs are. Those machinics are  a lot more common and more and more players are playing ships with them. Also, I personally don't see many 2 CV games and many games I am in don't have any CVs at all. When ever there is an event or a sale for CVs is when I do see the 2 CV games and at lower tiers.  

[REKTD]
Members
419 posts
10,345 battles
19 minutes ago, devildog0416 said:

I play CVs. I also play DDs and BBs. I am not a good CL/CA player. In my experiences IF you are in a straight tiered battle  (all T6, T8, T10) CVs are not OP..  

I would add, as a heavy CA/CL player, that this advice rings true. My main issue with CVs is their spotting abilities. Beyond that they are simply an annoyance in the hands of most CV drivers. As a DD I am eliminated maybe less than 10% of my matches due to a CV, and I am not very good at DD. Stealth and patience are critical: think like the CV player. Most of them use the same tactics because most DD players use the same rinse and repeat strategies. Dual CV matches equals this x 2, that is all. When played correctly you simply get more points with all the planes shot down.

Also - When I play as a CV, I quickly realize where they are severely limited, and not OP.

The above being said, I would be more than happy to see a no CV mode in addition to Randoms...I like the rock/paper/scissors “balance” of surface ships. (Quotations because balance will always be infinitely debatable).

Edited by SuperComm4
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles

Git gud! Dodge! Group with others! 

Everything is fine! 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[XXII]
Members
441 posts
330 battles

I play CVs. You don't simply understand the amount of EFFORT you need to make a cv good.

I dodged 8 torps on a t4 bb

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts

I could fire but.... I could fire but... I could fire butt... You were correct on calling your mistakes. Going solo? Bad move. Rocket planes, especially AP ones, are absolutely doing their best against cruisers. You have to remember this. 

You had more than ample opportunity early on to fire on a carrier. Did you catch that? At 8:09, you are in smoke, he's 15.0km away, you close the gap. You got as close as 14.4km from him. You were too fixated on the ships closer, naturally. However that carrier would have got a load of ammo from me once, if not twice while you were working your torps on the BB. 

If you had fired every time you said you could have, your HE could have caused a whole lot more problems for the enemies. It's a great game, I'd be happy with it, but if you're looking to blame the too powerful CVs, just one word. 

Nope. :cap_look:

I will say I do not support two cv versus two cv matches. One CV is enough. :cap_like:

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,062 battles
58 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

CV's are not OP.

Only bad CV players say this. Good ones might try to say it but will break out in giggles mid sentence. 

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,658 posts
6,773 battles
9 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

Only bad CV players say this. Good ones might try to say it but will break out in giggles mid sentence. 

91858697_CVbalanceconfidencegraph.png.9194d491bb7b879e383ebdb82ad1b03e.png

• Thanks 5
  • Boring 3

[-BUI-]
Members
2,444 posts
6,435 battles

From what I could tell (and I skipped a lot cause I don't need stuff like how capture zones work explained to me), the CVs didn't even do any serious damage until the game was already decided, and you're complaining?  I don't get it.   The CVs had almost no impact on your performance in that game, yet they are still just totally overpowering?   If anything, this video shows how easy it is to "Just Dodge" and mitigate CV damage to the point where they're barely doing anything. 

• Boring 2

[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,062 battles
19 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

From what I could tell (and I skipped a lot cause I don't need stuff like how capture zones work explained to me), the CVs didn't even do any serious damage until the game was already decided, and you're complaining?  I don't get it.   The CVs had almost no impact on your performance in that game, yet they are still just totally overpowering?   If anything, this video shows how easy it is to "Just Dodge" and mitigate CV damage to the point where they're barely doing anything. 

This may come as a shock to you CV drivers but CVs arent the only threat on the board. "Just dodge" sounds great but when I am in a CA & having to keep an angle so I dont get Cit from a BB then a MVR comes along & knocks off 1/2 my health in a single rocket attack. BALANCED is not a word that immediately comes to mind.  Hell I prolly shoulda let the damned BB cit me, prolly better than even chance he would have done less damage. 

ONLY CV drivers can steam around with near impunity until the match is mostly decided. 

Edited by MizzenMast
  • Cool 1

Members
548 posts
26,225 battles
16 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

If anything, this video shows how easy it is to "Just Dodge" and mitigate CV damage to the point where they're barely doing anything.  

image.png.005f99e79d47392bb0b3dea6897bb19c.png

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
1 hour ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

CV's are not OP.

They can just attack you anywhere on the map, from any direction, and largely ignore their one counter while putting their own hull at little to no risk in the process. And even if, by some chance, someone does get a good shot at one, they only burn for 5 seconds, they only flood for 5 seconds, they can't detonate and they auto-use consumables, and when those consumables are automatically activated they have ridiculously long action times and ridiculously short cooldowns.

Definitely not OP at all. Just fair, balanced and engaging gameplay for everyone involved. 

• Cool 2

4,776 posts
712 battles
36 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

If anything, this video shows how easy it is to "Just Dodge" and mitigate CV damage to the point where they're barely doing anything. 

Yeah the CV did nothing. It just chunked him for basically 1/5th of his health while he was maneuvering into the most beneficial position against the rocket planes, and then forced him into a crossdrop shortly there after. 

Right. The CV did nothing and the "just dodge" was super effective. So effective in fact that the player...died...Oh...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
4 hours ago, ramp4ge said:

They can just attack you anywhere on the map, from any direction, and largely ignore their one counter while putting their own hull at little to no risk in the process. And even if, by some chance, someone does get a good shot at one, they only burn for 5 seconds, they only flood for 5 seconds, they can't detonate and they auto-use consumables, and when those consumables are automatically activated they have ridiculously long action times and ridiculously short cooldowns.

Definitely not OP at all. Just fair, balanced and engaging gameplay for everyone involved. 

You forgot "best AA". But that's forgivable, it's a long list, the list of ways in which CVs are coddled. 

The devs suck for forcing that trash down our throats. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
13,218 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Thats all we needed to hear.  

I will say I do not support two cv versus two cv matches. One CV is enough. :cap_like:

[CLUMP]
Members
1,167 posts
1,449 battles

My question is where your teams CVs during all of this what where they doing :Smile_hiding: You had two as well it seems they where deplane by the time you die :Smile_sceptic: 

Edited by LastRemnant

4,776 posts
712 battles
12 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

My question is where your teams CVs during all of this what where they doing :Smile_hiding: You had two as well it seems they where deplane by the time you die :Smile_sceptic: 

Why counter the other CV when you can just farm damage? It's easier to farm damage than it is to deal with the enemy CVs self-popping fighter consumable for 600 seconds.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,167 posts
1,449 battles
6 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Why counter the other CV when you can just farm damage? It's easier to farm damage than it is to deal with the enemy CVs self-popping fighter consumable for 600 seconds.

I rather win than farm damage :Smile_hiding: It seems to me both CVs on the enemy team where either thinking alike or where planning the whole thing together :fish_panic:  You know ally CV could have at least pop a fighter or something but I guess wouldn't have mattered since both CVs where targeting him :Smile_unsure: But I am going be honest he was alone as CV player would have gone after him as well since he was by himself :Smile_playing:

Edited by LastRemnant

4,776 posts
712 battles
13 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

I rather win than farm damage

Given their win rates in every other ship except CVs, it seems a lot of CV players don't really care about winning, just big numbers. Their improved win rates in CVs are just a byproduct of them being idiot-proof. 

[CLUMP]
Members
1,167 posts
1,449 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

Given their win rates in every other ship except CVs, it seems a lot of CV players don't really care about winning, just big numbers. Their improved win rates in CVs are just a byproduct of them being idiot-proof. 

Yeah play CV mainly in COOP to much pressure on randoms that AA also :Smile_sceptic: I am just pointing out what happen to the Cruiser he took a gamble staying by himself and didn't work out :Smile_hiding:

[CDOH]
Members
644 posts
7,660 battles
7 hours ago, devildog0416 said:

I play CVs. I also play DDs and BBs. I am not a good CL/CA player. In my experiences IF you are in a straight tiered battle  (all T6, T8, T10) CVs are not OP. Now I recently was playing a T3 cruiser with out any AA defenses and MM put me in a T4 battle with 2 CVs. That was not fun and extremely harsh, but that is a MM issue, not the CV themselves.  Yes CVs can make is a challange to play DDs. You get spotted and you are not likely to live long, not because of the  damage from the CV, but because now EVERYONE is firing at you. (not fun).  I watched your video. I can share your pain being the focus of 2 CVs. (been there in BBs). 1 mistake I see many players make with dealing with CVs, don't give broadside to rocket planes. This is critical when playing against German CVs. Those AP rockets will citadel you at a right angle. so you end up taking max damage of EACH ROCKET that hits. Not easy to do, but does happen. I even ended up with a devastating strike a few days ago because of it. So bow/stern to rockets and torpedo planes, broadside to bombers to reduce the number that can hit. Second, turn your AA off. The planes will not see you as fast without your AA firing. Then when the planes are 3-4K from you, then use the "o" key to flack the side they are coming from. You are still going to get hit, but even a good CV commander will leave you alone for softer targets. Cruiser players may feel differently and I know even a lot of DD players do as well, but when I am playing a DD (more than I play CVs) Radar and long range hydro is more frustrating after T7 than CVs are. Those machinics are  a lot more common and more and more players are playing ships with them. Also, I personally don't see many 2 CV games and many games I am in don't have any CVs at all. When ever there is an event or a sale for CVs is when I do see the 2 CV games and at lower tiers.  

the unlimited spotting is what makes cvs OP.  It prevents any kind of tactics and positioning.  

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this