You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Beauregard23

PLEASE can something be done about the T8 perm camo prizes

28 comments in this topic

[Y0L0]
Members
250 posts
22,516 battles

I greatly enjoy doing missions and completing events but I like to actually get something of some value or use for doing them.  Even ignoring the premium ships that come with a perm camo, I have now earned TWENTY SIX T8 perm camos.  Would be twenty seven if I grabbed the one from the Big Hunt event but what's the point.  I currently have 4 New Year T8 perm camos just uselessly sitting in my inventory and I can't even sell them.  If I complete the Santa's Eve missions I get nothing, another New Year T8 perm camo I have no use for.  So for the love of all that is WOW holy, before I am completely swamped under by useless perm camos, I would like to see at least one of three things happen.  Give players an alternate choice for a prize in case they don't want or have use for a perm camo, make the camo prizes camo tokens similar to ranked tokens so you can earn them over time and choose what tier you want to cash them in for or allow players to simply sell any perm camos not assigned to any ship for half their value in doubloons.   

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,496 posts
15,890 battles

It is difficult to complain about free stuff, but I have some of the New Year's permanent camo that I will not use because it is just too ugly.  I do agree we should at least be allowed to sell the camos for credits.   

[ARGSY]
Members
22,348 posts
16,251 battles
22 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

Even ignoring the premium ships that come with a perm camo, I have now earned TWENTY SIX T8 perm camos. 

And you have no need of them on any of your ships?

Believe me, being able to sell them would only lead to bitterness and regret later on for people who thought they would never need them then finally get to T8 or a new line appears and suddenly they wish they had them back.

• Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
603 posts
12,380 battles

For the FTP crowd these are very important and I fully support WG continuing to put them out. Free perma cams really help from what I hear.

Note: I'm not FTP by any means and will not be "trying" to pick up this one.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Believe me, being able to sell them would only lead to bitterness and regret later on for people who thought they would never need them then finally get to T8 or a new line appears and suddenly they wish they had them back.

Im sittin over here refusing to buy any atm till i get these upcoming ones. The more perma camos i can get without spending goooold the better.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,950 posts
47,582 battles

OP, I don't know why you are complaining about the tier 8 New Year anniversary camo.  That camo can be used on any tier 8 ship, including tech tree ships.  This allows a player to use it on a tier 8 tech tree ship they are grinding.

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
335 posts
24,177 battles

I earned 30 free T8 perm camos so far.  24 of them are fixed on 18 ships, 3 of them are assigned by me.  Still got 3 assignable spares + 1 incoming.

T9 dropped to total 6.  2 fixed, 4 assignable.

T10 total 4, 3 fixed, 1 assigned.

Edited by o4x4

[ARGSY]
Members
22,348 posts
16,251 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

The more perma camos i can get without spending goooold the better.

Always, even if you are a mega whale. The more you save on permacamos, the more you can spend on desirable (to you) ships and premium time.

Members
31 posts
6,088 battles
38 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

It is difficult to complain about free stuff, but I have some of the New Year's permanent camo that I will not use because it is just too ugly.  I do agree we should at least be allowed to sell the camos for credits.   

I must respectfully disagree.  The New Year's camos are beautiful and amazing and absolutely perfect for the USS Minnesota.

[Y0L0]
Members
250 posts
22,516 battles
31 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

OP, I don't know why you are complaining about the tier 8 New Year anniversary camo.  That camo can be used on any tier 8 ship, including tech tree ships.  This allows a player to use it on a tier 8 tech tree ship they are grinding.

I don't think you understand my point, I have all the tech tree ships, what do you do with the camos when you don't have any ships left to put them on?

[Y0L0]
Members
250 posts
22,516 battles
37 minutes ago, contag10n said:

For the FTP crowd these are very important and I fully support WG continuing to put them out. Free perma cams really help from what I hear.

Note: I'm not FTP by any means and will not be "trying" to pick up this one.

Not saying they shouldn't offer them, just offer an alternative for those that no longer have use for them.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,717 battles
43 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

They sure are ugly never used them...................

You know that you can disable them and then they look like a regular camo?

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,683 posts
12,245 battles

Guessing there are more tier 8 ship lines coming.... so....

[V_V_V]
Members
845 posts
16,429 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You know that you can disable them and then they look like a regular camo?

Using the Additional Content*/Decorative settings in Port.

shot-20.12.03_11.04.18-0813.jpg

shot-20.12.03_11.04.42-0001.jpg

[Y0L0]
Members
250 posts
22,516 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

anyone who sells thinking they will never need them is never going to regret because those people (like me) have hundreds and hundreds of temp camos that give 100% xp or more, why would they want only 50% ?

[INTEL]
Members
3,365 posts
18,364 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I find it hard to believe someone thinks the Liberace Camo is ugly

Liberace director criticises Candelabra

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,970 posts
23,185 battles

Free can be a bad thing too! They turned my Moskva's 5000 Doubloon camo to free for everyone who didn't buy it when it was changed to a special ship. This earned WOWS a GIANT lump of coal from me.  Naughty WG and i will never forgive it unless justly compensated too.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,579 posts
14,473 battles
34 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

anyone who sells thinking they will never need them is never going to regret because those people (like me) have hundreds and hundreds of temp camos that give 100% xp or more, why would they want only 50% ?

There is that point right there.

For me the earnable permacamos are useful primarily for one case: For a ship that I like and will keep past the grind, and/or like enough to not want to hustle through a grind.

I can complete a grind much faster with almost all of the 1700+ consumable high-end camos I have. Captains and FXP will grind much faster, as well.

I am re-grinding Kitakaze right now, with the consumable US Stars & Stripes camo. I have an assignable permacamo waiting to go on it, but I won’t grind with it, because I want to get the grind done.

Likewise, the current earnable, assignable camo will likely go to some T8 ship I have already ground out.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
Spellink, comrades

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,683 posts
12,245 battles
5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

There is that point right there.

For me the earnable permacamos are useful primarily for one case: For a ship that I like and will keep past the grind, and/or like enough to not want to hustle through a grind.

I can complete a grind much faster with almost all of the 1700+ consumable high-end camos I have. Captains and FXP will grind much faster, as well.

I am re-grinding Kitakaze right now, with the consumable US Stars & Stripes camo. I have an assignable permacamo waiting to go on it, but I won’t grind with it, because I want to get the grind done.

Likewise, the current earnable, assignable camo will likely go to some T8 ship I gave already ground out.

Jeez, don't' forget the Military contribution flag that gives you 5% Exp and Credits that most bought.  None of the new players get it.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
22,715 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I agree with you PrairiePlayer. I find them ugly and haven't - won't - use them on my ships.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,006 posts

I wouldn't mind having it.  However, the grind is way too much for me to bother.  I think the grind puts them out of reach for most FTP players and the others, like said above, don't even care about them.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

[MHG]
Members
326 posts
20,145 battles

I would agree with OP. At the very least make it so that we can exchange 2 or even say 3 T8 Perm camos for 1 T9 Perma camo, as I'm sure WG would never agree to dub value reimbursement. Or more simply like the OP said hand out tokens that can be used by the player to grab what they feel most useful to them. Higher tier prem camos can cost more than lower allowing equality of rewards.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
250 posts
22,516 battles

Even some variety would be nice, over 90% of the event perms are T8.  Now there have been enough 6's because they have had events to get tech tree ships with perms attached.  But other than the occasional T9, there is almost nothing else.  There has never been chance to earn a T7 perm for tech tree ships and only once for a T10, with a second time only applying to a few select ships.   The Puerto Rico Dockyard event was a perfect example.  They gave you a chance to earn five perm camos but all were T8.  Wouldn't it have made more sense to make it one each at T6, 7, 8, 9, and 10?   Both add up to same value.  I don't get why T8 should be so overloaded, spread it out a bit.