You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armada: Z-44

15 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,267 posts
14,704 battles

A Captain’s guide to using the German Tier IX destroyer.

Read it on the portal

[ARMOR]
Members
4 posts
11,596 battles

These videos are neat introductions to new ships. The write-ups are nice for the background they provide.

But I could not find any information on the length of availability for the Premium Shop bundles with the +200% bonus mission. This post doesn't have any, and the post announcing 0.9.11 didn't have anything either. News post 12/4 has the availability.

If these bonus missions are going to be available in the format of "30 days from moment of purchase" in the future instead of being available until a fixed time, the length of purchase availability for the bundle is going to be an important thing to know, because now the "when" of purchase matters more than before.

Edited by Gylukios
New information

[GIR]
Members
89 posts
11,578 battles

More shocked at the nearly $80 base price tag for a ship type that used to cost $25-$35. As someone that has played for four years and easily sunk hundreds of dollars into the game, it is really disheartening how far into the money grab mode WG has gone the last year. I know...they are a business and need to make money, I get that. But it is to the point every little thing is a money grab; Dry Dock boosts/completion, Pending Captain Skill Re-work, container bundles, sky rocketing premium ship costs. 

• Cool 1

Members
44 posts
19,491 battles

Was so looking forward to this ship coming out and being a good ship, but WG puts it out as probably the worst and most hampered German destroyer in the entire line and at tier 9!  Z-35 may have been her stable mate, but at least Z-35 is at tier 8 and is a good gunboat.  At tier 9 there is no reason to take this thing out if you have Z-46, which is a great destroyer and beats out Z-44 all the way round.  Usually the premium ships have stats close to their tech tree mates, but this one is not even close to Z-46.  You could drop it down to tier 8 and Z-23 is still a better ship.  Not to mention all the other tier 8-10 destroyers which will just butcher this thing.  WG didn't even put lipstick on this pig, they just slapped a price tag on it and said here you go.  They could have put this ship out with comparable armament to Z-46, but no they always have to cripple the German ships in some way.  If they are trying to send a message for us NOT to buy this ship, then I got it loud and clear.

[USCG]
Members
713 posts
21,977 battles

I was looking to pick her up with coal but am going to hold back for awhile. With the exception of her torps she really doesn’t impress me on paper. The fact they took away her hydro which is one of the few things that make a German DD playable is disappointing.

I find some of WGing’s decisions of late to be questionable...

[CRF]
Members
921 posts
8,717 battles

So, you pay lotsa bucks for this boat, and you get a DD that seems to be unimpressive to a lot of players - but wait - you get a mission that generates extra XP on the boat - which you then have to spend doubloons to convert over to FXP.  I have so much XP on elite and special ships that it would cost me the equivalent of between $500 and $700 in doubloons to convert - sorry, not going to happen.

[USCC]
Members
3,113 posts
14,656 battles

$97.27 CDN  :cap_wander_2:  is a tad steep for a ship that's subpar to many a tech tree ship. 
Sure it's a tier IX, but still, with the skill rework coming and god only knows what other hellish changes are amuck, it's really not a good time to be buying ANY ship!

Members
44 posts
19,491 battles
59 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

So, you pay lotsa bucks for this boat, and you get a DD that seems to be unimpressive to a lot of players - but wait - you get a mission that generates extra XP on the boat - which you then have to spend doubloons to convert over to FXP.  I have so much XP on elite and special ships that it would cost me the equivalent of between $500 and $700 in doubloons to convert - sorry, not going to happen.

The decision from WG on releasing this ship and the missions is just strange.  It's like they really, really don't want to sell this ship.  I didn't even look at the missions for it because WHY, the ship is awful.  I know they are a business and need to make money, but this one was a "lay up!"  Christmas time and loads of us who like the German line would have paid to have this ship if it was any good, but whoever was running the marketing idea behind this scow needs to be sent to the Gulag!

Edited by spectre977
misspelled word

[HAVOK]
[HAVOK]
Members
86 posts
5,182 battles

$105 AUS or $197AUS for the bundle pack .......I don't think so.

[SYN]
Members
312 posts
12,771 battles

Ouch !!  Poorly Managed Ship/Sale, "Profit over Quality" Products are a BIG FAIL for any business.  (taking away her "built-in German Hydro" was a huge marketing mistake, Targeting only "Collectors" "Whales" or those "who don't understand the game mechanics".....Wait, that's a large percentage of our player base, maybe it's not so poorly managed? - ok I take it back. ) 

• Cool 1

Members
36 posts
20 battles

Z-44: Admiral Pack

• BUNDLE INCLUDES
  • IX Z-44
  • Commander with 10 skill points
  • Doubloons: 6 000
  • Credits: 12 000 000
  • "Black, White, Red" expendable camouflages x40
  • Equal Speed Charlie London x200