You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TaxDollarsAtWork

need fast cash, which ship to sell

47 comments in this topic

Members
330 posts
3,666 battles

I've researched Yueyang and I'm itching to get my hands on it finally since this line has been fun, loads.

Problem is I need about 8mil credits but have 8 mil on hand what should I sell

I have Kansas from the event and Tier 7 to 10 USN BBs + Georgia that I'm thinking of probably selling since I am no longer interested by BBs. Which do I sell? IIRC Georgia alone gets me 14mil Kansas something like 7.9 mil

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
788 posts
4,952 battles

Well first off, don't sell premiums. Probably want to keep high tiers for snowflakes so sell all your US BBs except Georgia and Montana 

• Meh 1

Members
330 posts
3,666 battles

I keep hearing all this stuff about snowflakes no ones told me what it is or how it works

Selling only Georgia would make sense I didn't pay money for it to begin with and I don't like playing it.

If I do keep the top tier ones it would mean only selling Colorado and it wouldn't cover the cost of the Yueyang

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork
  • Meh 4

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

DO NOT SELL GEORGIA

DO NOT SELL PREMIUM SHIPS

Georgia is about to become a rare collector's item, and you'll kick yourself later for giving her up for a measly sum of credits. Premiums and Special ships should never be sold, because the credits you get from them never equal their actual value. Sell your unwanted tech tree non-premiums, and do some grinding, If you really can't wait, there are credit bundles in the premium shop.

• Cool 5

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
788 posts
4,952 battles
2 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

I keep hearing all this stuff about snowflakes no ones told me what it is or how it works

If I do that it would mean only selling Colorado and it wouldn't cover the cost of the Yueyang

I thought you said you had Kansas and the T7-T9 tech tree BBs? Sell those. 

Snowflakes are special event related items tied to your ship. Basically, the more ships you have, the more prizes you get. Obviously, the best are tied to the T10s so you want to at least keep those around. 

Speaking of, we will be having one of those soon for Christmas 

[ALLY]
Members
351 posts
19,763 battles

Tax Dollars,

Maybe you already know this trick and if you do disregard.  Have you cleared out your inventory of modules from ships that you do not need.  You can keep the ships and the modules you use and make a good chunk of silver by getting rid of the base mods if you have not already done this.  Hopefully this helps.

C130 signing out

• Cool 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,765 posts
5,406 battles

You will make 300K silver give or take on either scenarios or Random.

DO NOT SELL THAT GEORGIA. ITS GOING AWAY from the game for a VERY long time you will be sorry you sold it.

DO NOT SELL THE PREMIUM SHIPS.

So you itch to buy a ship, join the club. Ive got about 5 ships worth of itch. But all of them will come along it's due time and season. Not to give in to impatience and hasty rash decisions.

I did get rid of the Kansas. I figure with the Ship Recovery Tool (Restricted once a month in PLayer Support) I can buy her back any time. However most of the battles Ive joined with her were  over before I could steam far out of spawn to actually shoot something.

DO NOT give in to the itch. Thats how it begins. Your eye and so forth is like 5000 dollars worth of stuff in this game. And you will never be satisfied. Just work through it one at a time in it's own time. Sure you pay 7 million or whatever in credits but remember you need another 8 million to finish equipping it. Then flags, then commanders then then then then.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
788 posts
4,952 battles
16 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Selling only Georgia would make sense I didn't pay money for it to begin with and I don't like playing it.

I know how you feel. I bought the Yoshino, but I hate it and I hate seeing it in port. But I still have it, mostly because the game won't let me get rid of it. (I don't think you can sell coal ships) 

[NSEW]
Members
2,147 posts
11,515 battles

@TaxDollarsAtWork, you know you could've asked me any questions directly on discord. :cap_fainting:

Georgia, any Premium, and Freemium (in game resource) ships should ideally not be sold.  Specially in the case of Georgia, as it will be off the access list very soon.  

As for "ship recovery tool". This is the gist.  You request a ship you sold for credits (or by mistake) via WG ticket system.  I believe you are allowed such request with as many ships you want to buy back (you will need the cost in credits for ships requested, port slots to cover the recovery process).  Caveat being, you are limited with the number of requests via ticket system. 

I wouldn't recommend selling ships to gain credits fast.  I have gone that route, and it really didn't pay off.  As later down the line, I had to fork over more to buy them back.  Why more? we get clan discounts to service, buy ships, also sell ships (at a lower rate).

As for your dislike towards the Georgia, I think you could be using it sub-optimally.  I too suffered the same thought process when I got her too.  Now, I've got over 60% Ship WR in her at over 300 battles.  If you'd like , I can try to help you on how I adjusted to like the ship over time.

p.s. my Georgia is in my EU account. Under "Lowspeedhighdrag".  I'm not a great player, but you can check my stats and you can at least referrence it to what you can achieve from my data.

Edited by LowSpeed_US
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
24 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Tell me more of the ship recovery tool I've never heard of that

In the past, the only way to get premium ships back (without buying them in the shop again obviously) was to do it via a support ticket. You could only do two recovery tickets a year but you could request as many ships in a single ticket as you wanted. To restore the ship to your account, you’d need to have an open port slot and the credits to cover the sale price of the ship. WG would deduct the credits a few days later once the ticket was processed and you’d get the requested ships back. 

Now, premium ship restoration is an automated process on the support page. You can only do one ship at a time, but once one request has been completed you could put in the next. Again you need a free port slot and the sale price in credits, but you also need an extra 10% of the credit sale price as a service fee. (I’m not sure if the extra 10% applies during the support ticket restoration era, but it definitely does now).

(Edit: here’s the link to the vehicle restoration tool for wows detailing the exact process for submitting a request and where to submit it https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/27196/)

As others have said, don’t ever sell premium ships for two reasons: 1) the process to get the ship restored takes time and ultimately costs you more than you get from selling it, and 2) any SC or Santa crate that drops a ship has the chance to give you that same ship back instead of dropping a different ship that you may want more. If you need credits, sell unused modules from your inventory, and then sell off your lower tier tech tree ships that you don’t play anymore, or play some battles until you have enough credits to afford your new ship. 

As for the snowflakes, they’re twice annual events (during the wows anniversary in September and around the Christmas holidays in December/January) that give an additional bonus the first time you play/win a battle in each t5+ ship during the event. Rewards vary by tier - for the upcoming Christmas event (patches 9.12-10.0) t5 ships give 400 coal, t6s give 500, and t7s give 750. T8 and 9 ships give 75 steel each, and t10s give santa crates (the basic $1 ones). 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
30 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I did get rid of the Kansas. I figure with the Ship Recovery Tool (Restricted once a month in PLayer Support) I can buy her back any time. However most of the battles Ive joined with her were  over before I could steam far out of spawn to actually shoot something.

Since Kansas is now a tech tree ship, you can’t get it back via a restoration ticket. You’ll need to buy it again from the tech tree. 

[-VT-]
Members
1,019 posts
27,501 battles

Sell them all uninstall the game is going to crap anyway...……….unless you like CVs if so keep those and enjoy to wonderful play ground

• Boring 4
  • Meh 4

[NSEW]
Members
2,147 posts
11,515 battles

Here's a thought. How about selling the upgrade modules on lower tier ships or the ships you know  you don't play at all?

Surely, that would be a smarter choice than selling ships.  Could time it well with the upgrade discounts which occurs quite often.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,765 posts
5,406 battles

Any module that is stock after a ship is upgaded gets sold from Inventory constantly. A million here or there give or take depending on module. Maybe as little as 30K who knows. However you spent FXP to research a ship module and improve on it. Its very rare you go back to stock. I did that with stock 20Km torps in Shima as a option, but frankly they are so slow and get spotted by everyone while ten miles out and 30 minutes to run. There is no point. So I upgraded to the 12km torps with the 8Km researched but can be installed for knifefighting in competition. Only the halland has faster torps at 90 knots without additional bonuses added to shima.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,349 posts
16,251 battles
2 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

(I don't think you can sell coal ships) 

Some you can and some you can't. 

I have some of the high value ships in my port like Salem and Neustrashimy (yes, I got her for coal last night at the full price; shoot me). They cannot be sold.

I also got Duke of York for coal, which you could as of yesterday (and Lazo, and Hill). She CAN be sold, but I think the reason is because she is also a doubloon ship - and the game can't tell the difference between a DoY you won in 2017's Christmas event, one you paid for in the shop or with dubs in the Armory, and the new method of getting her.

Georgia most likely gives you the sale option because she is also available directly for money. 

Selling your old Tier (x -1) ship to finance its replacement is something I used to do a lot of, to the point of logging exactly how many credits each battle had made me and putting it into a spreadsheet. When the ship became credits-neutral (selling price plus total income > or = cost of hull, modules and upgrades), that's when it was allowed to go out the door (unless it was so much fun I wanted to keep it, in which case it went into a separate spreadsheet for ships that were now turning a profit over their entire life-cycle). It didn't SOLVE my credits problem, but it made it much less onerous than it currently is.

What put a stop to that was a combination of WG giving us port slots in the Daily Chain missions and the snowflake system. Now that I'm at Tier 7 or above in absolutely every line, the grinds are taking me long enough that the port slots are accumulating faster than the ships.

[CMFRT]
Modder
984 posts
2,391 battles

You have a Georgia. Just play like 8 games in the Georgia and boom you'll have 8 million credits. Selling ships to finance others is a losing proposition.

• Cool 5

[1984]
Members
4,466 posts
21,506 battles
3 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

I've researched Yueyang and I'm itching to get my hands on it finally since this line has been fun, loads.

Problem is I need about 8mil credits but have 8 mil on hand what should I sell

I have Kansas from the event and Tier 7 to 10 USN BBs + Georgia that I'm thinking of probably selling since I am no longer interested by BBs. Which do I sell? IIRC Georgia alone gets me 14mil Kansas something like 7.9 mil

Sell any tech tree tier 2-4 non premium ships if you havent already. Those are only useful for farming flags and do not count for daily missions. Save all tier 8-10 ships for steel/crates 2x per year. Keep most tier 5-7 ships for coal 2x per year.

play tiers 6-7 to earn credits in tech tree ships. play premium ships tiers 7-9 for best earning potential. Ops ranked and clan battles give good credits (1M credits per clan battle win with all flags mounted). 

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 1

[1CVDV]
Members
233 posts
11,853 battles

go into your inventory and sell of any un-used modules.the (3) top camos net good credit if you have some.you may find the credits to buy what you want there....sax29

[NOVUM]
Members
68 posts
4,835 battles
3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

As for the snowflakes, they’re twice annual events (during the wows anniversary in September and around the Christmas holidays in December/January)

Was there a snowflake event this past September?

I don't remember it but at that time I think all my ships were t6 or lower so I probably just forgot!

[2020]
Members
149 posts
3,497 battles

8 mil is nothing comparing to the grind you have done for Georgia, run the premiums a couple of days easily get those. If you don't use the premiums, why grind for them in the first place?

you think Yueyang is good, Did you think Georgia was good before you pull the trigger, that was a longer grind.

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
420 posts
10,374 battles

Selling ships is desperation, and smacks of a serious level of impatience; the same kind that leads to DD captains charging in solo, getting spanked, returning to port and rinse repeat...You’re not one of those DD captains, are you!?! :Smile_unsure:

Seriously though, great advice already given above. We’ve all had that itch to get the next great ship now and not later. This game is designed to be appealing, in exactly that way. What you will find however, is that it is really difficult in the new boat, and as others have said you will need to invest quite a bit of credits to mod up the new boat too. A premium ship should be off the table with regards to selling it for reasons mentioned already, but also this: They earn more credits in battles! Take Georgia out, try really different strategies than you usually do - since you don’t much care for it, you have nothing to lose, and you will make way more credits than using a standard ship.

I don’t have Georgia yet, but what I see most commonly is people use its speed to get in really awful situations that it’s armor can’t handle. Had they played with...ahem...a little more patience, they would find it a devastatingly powerful ship. They are a bane to reds when played right.