You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

Another example of where this game is heading...

27 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts

And what is the server average for that ship? 93 K, which admittedly is high. However, there is a reason for this. One is that the ships are relatively new and have not yet undergone the nerfs that the other CVs have. Another reason is that the ship is mainly being played right now by CCs and unicums. Look at the Midway, which has been around long enough for more "normal" players to have obtained. It's win rate is only 46%.

All of the high-tier ships in the game have huge damage records. 

North Carolina 322 346

Tirpitz 333 180

Shimakaze 383 419

Des Moines 438 228

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,691 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

North Carolina 322 346

Tirpitz 333 180

Shimakaze 383 419

Des Moines 438 228

All of those have effective counters.

The reason top players are playing that ship is because it is broken and everyone knows it.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
1 hour ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

as well as what is wrong with WoWS where one class of ship can't be effectively countered and attacks at 

Still less ridiculous than the FDR.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,878 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

And what is the server average for that ship? 93 K, which admittedly is high. However, there is a reason for this. One is that the ships are relatively new and have not yet undergone the nerfs that the other CVs have. Another reason is that the ship is mainly being played right now by CCs and unicums. Look at the Midway, which has been around long enough for more "normal" players to have obtained. It's win rate is only 46%.

North Carolina 322 346

Tirpitz 333 180

Shimakaze 383 419

Des Moines 438 228

When will you learn you dont balance a game by the average player?

You know what happens when you balance to the average player? 

You get what CV's are right now, the average player does ok and players that are good exploit the shiznit out of the easy mode WG has left in to compensate for said "average" players.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

[WORX]
Members
11,919 posts
19,466 battles

Come on man, Panzerknacker video... Let me put it this way, must of the games featured are unrealistic compared to what you actually face..

Few examples..

• ATL getting 10 kills
    • The match was bugged.
  • BBs getting perfect broadsides on cruisers
    • Rarely happens, even in upper tier play
  • Torps getting perfect Dev strikes
    • Mainly because the victim never used WASD
    • Never attempts to even slow down or turn away.

Sorry OP, using him as "source" for your argument. Not credible..

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
37 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

98% Win rate 

image.thumb.png.582664d5e7aae764aae8c2bda06aa775.png

Occasionally, you get someone who's abilities lie at the far end of the curve, but they are very few and far between. In games, however, it's oftentimes due to the fact that they have discovered an exploit or glitch that others haven't yet. I remember when the "unicums" were getting Dev Strikes on just about everything they attacked with dive bombers until someone revealed that they were exploiting a glitch that caused all of the bombs to concentrate at the far end of the reticle if boost was used at just the right time. The MVR and FDR are new ships and thus may well be a bit "buggy" still. Comeback in six months and see how their averages compare to the other CVs once the Devs "balance" them some.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead77 said:

When will you learn you dont balance a game by the average player?

You know what happens when you balance to the average player? 

You get what CV's are right now, the average player does ok and players that are good exploit the shiznit out of the easy mode WG has left in to compensate for said "average" players.

And if you balance for unicums, you get RTS CVs. Overpowered in the hands of the few, and inaccessible to the majority. If you think that's an improvement, then please stay away from game design.

• Thanks 3

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,878 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

And if you balance for unicums, you get RTS CVs. Overpowered in the hands of the few, and inaccessible to the majority. If you think that's an improvement, then please stay away from game design.

Seems to me WG has tried both ends of the spectrum, time to get rid of them.

I know this game has nothing to do with actual history but CV's destroy this game exactly the same as they destroyed traditional naval warfare.

Planes flying around at 150 knots attacking surface ships at 30 knots. Its not rocket science to see its never going to work in any semblance of fairness to surface ship players.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,941 battles
4 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

as well as what is wrong with WoWS where one class of ship can't be effectively countered and attacks at will.

:Smile_great:This statement hit the giphy.gifDeadon

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7 (2).png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,787 posts
21,093 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

North Carolina 322 346

Tirpitz 333 180

Shimakaze 383 419

Des Moines 438 228

You are correct....  But, meta's drive revenue.  So, as a very few players benefit, a lot more players want to quit......  So, what does that say about the state of the game.............that, there is no "vision" anymore and that spreadsheets are all that drives quality.   Notice the lack of new maps (because they don't generate revenue - only game satisfaction).  Notice that one class of ship can and does "influence the battlespace" and is the last ship to usually die???  Notice the recent proliferation of CA's, BC's and endless clones of BB's?  That is because they are selling "clones" and have stopped even having a R&D department.........why?  Because they game is done growing.  It's now a mature game platform and our host simply can't afford what they do anymore.....  The CPT respec is the end.  From there, the game is "just a FFA arcade shooter" for kids. 

You are correct.....and, I appreciate the effort ! 

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

And what is the server average for that ship? 93 K, which admittedly is high.

It's a cash grab... put out the ship with high number and awesome RNG, then "adjust it"  later and go to work on the next OP-Cash-grab ship.. it is what they do in WoT...

WoWS is .. no longer the game it was.. it had a good start, but they are .. well they are going down a road I am not going to follow with an money... the capt rebork is .. a gimmick .. as is everything else.. it isn;t about it making abetter game at this point... it hasn;t been for a while now..

Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles
5 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

I know this game has nothing to do with actual history but CV's destroy this game exactly the same as they destroyed traditional naval warfare.

I have made this point.. repeatedly, but it falls on deaf ears...  I would spend money on the game this was and did.... I will not spend money on the game it has become. 

I have said the above directly to WG in this forum and through other avenues, but they ignore it, if it even gets to someone that makes these decisions. It is a very simple concept to recognize in history and in the game.

It seem illogical , that even when most of the customers say CV break the game, WG pretends that everything is fine... yet there they are.

[PVE]
Members
380 posts
3,201 battles
7 hours ago, Taichunger said:

The reason top players are playing that ship is because it is broken and everyone knows it.

And that is why "certain" ships remain un nerfed.  As long as they are only played by a small select crowd they are *fine.  Once the general populace gets their hands on them and starts reproducing those numbers the nerf bats start swinging.  Or as in the case of some they get *removed.  Or skills get re borked leaving them lacking.

Edited by Duma

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
892 posts
7,009 battles

If we're going to discuss a ship's OP-ness, is it really smart to use the WORLD RECORD as a way to kick things off?

369k is REALLY high, no capital ship should get that kind of number right?

I'm just going to look at the top numbers of the Yamato real quick for NA only, def shouldn't be that high either right?

402032164_YamatoNANumebrs.thumb.png.cc4cf328c933fad63c1621811404e7ec.png

Look, I get it. The ineffectiveness of ship fighters, the range, the lack of interaction, the heal of the bombers, citadel damage; the MvR, and CVs in general needs help, but let's not use a world record number as a start. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
22 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Look, I get it. The ineffectiveness of ship fighters, the range, the lack of interaction, the heal of the bombers, citadel damage; the MvR, and CVs in general needs help, but let's not use a world record number as a start. 

In my biostatistics course I gave the students an example of why statistics can me misleading if not properly reported. A business school once put out a flier that said, on average, it's graduates made much more than any other school's graduates. They weren't lying either. However, they failed to mention that one of their graduates had been drafted by the NBA.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Notice the recent proliferation of CA's, BC's and endless clones of BB's?  That is because they are selling "clones" and have stopped even having a R&D department.

I can understand why they want/need to sell ships that weren't actually very influential (or even present). Many gamers want to play a unit representative of their own country. The USN line is the only one I've actually completed and the one I play most. Of course, the best gamers say country loyalty be damned and just use the best ships. It's amazing how many BBs there are right now in the queue. A couple of nights ago I saw 140, while the other ship types were in single digits.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
892 posts
7,009 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I can understand why they want/need to sell ships that weren't actually very influential (or even present). Many gamers want to play a unit representative of their own country. The USN line is the only one I've actually completed and the one I play most. Of course, the best gamers say country loyalty be damned and just use the best ships. It's amazing how many BBs there are right now in the queue. A couple of nights ago I saw 140, while the other ship types were in single digits.

Well a lot of that is because of these new american BBs right? 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Well a lot of that is because of these new american BBs right? 

The most played ships seem to be the old standards though:

Shimakaze 1147 18534
Bismarck 1274 18314
North Carolina 1157 17027
Thunderer 1178 16775
Montana 1170 16377
Iowa 1096 16062
Georgia 1169 15639
Massachusetts 1010 14798
Yamato 1005 13919
Gearing 839 12967
Halland 866 12376
Gneisenau 771 12290
Colorado 794 11578
New Mexico 817 11556
Des Moines 811 11398
Grosser Kurfuerst 854 11328
Alaska 742 10109
Fletcher 620 9959

[REKTD]
Members
419 posts
10,345 battles
45 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I see a ridiculous amount of BBs these days. Traditionally I would counter by playing a BB hunter like a stealth DD or HE spam cruiser, but lately the best counter has been a hard hitting BB. A LOT of new BB drivers out there sailing broadside. This being the case, we should see higher damage figures, and the new records by a CV may partly be explained by this. 

As for CVs in general: someone on a different thread posted games played on all servers by ship class, and CV was absolutely the lowest class being played by the player base. I’d been under the impression a lot of people were playing them, but that does not seem to be the case. Perhaps they could be moved to World of Warplanes! :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by SuperComm4

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,169 posts
18,809 battles

I see a CV player who knows how to select and prioritize targets.  I also see several ship captains who don't know how to play when a T10 CV is in play.  

Hint 1: If you're running a Yamato and a T10 is in the match, it will be a very painful match if you don't figure out how to stay in overlapping AA bubbles or know how to avoid direct vector attacks. 

I don't play T10 CVs often, but when I play T8 and find myself in T10 matches...I'm looking for Yamatos.  They have weak AA for T10 BB.  In the video of this thread, I saw a T10 CV captain recognize isolated Yamatos with direct attack vectors and subsequently delivered painful damage, including a detonation on one of them.

Hint 2:  A CA that drives straight on a torp run is just asking to get smacked. 

One of the first attack runs was a torp run an a CA that didn't maneuver.  Drive straight...don't turn into the attack...eat three torps.

As for the CV captain, he knew how to work map position to maximize DPM.  Folks claim the CVs can just sit in the back and attack with impunity.  While that is true, this CV captain moved up at the opportune time, which enabled him to maximize sorties and deliver a high DPM at one cap.   The opposing CV captain eventually moved deep and stayed there.  

Note that the enemy did make the aggressive CV captain pay the price.  He got caught out by a DD and deleted.  But he had delivered sufficient DPM at that point that it was enough to secure the win.  But it was still a close game, even with that.

I know folks complain about the absence of counter play, but when you see a game where players simply don't even attempt to do anything...that's not the inability to counterplay, that's simply choosing (or not knowing how) to counterplay.  A little bit of actual counterplay on the reds part, added to that "well played" sneak attack counteplay by the DD, and this game might have gone to the other side.